Chapter 5

Opposites

 

Exo-K and Reina took a bus towards Hongdae. Awkwardness hung around the air as Reina didnt know what to do. The guys were all mingling by themselves at the last row of the bus while she was all alone a row in front of them.

*What do I do? I cant just sit here and do nothing..* Reina nervously played with her fingers while she glanced their way once in awhile.

Kai noticed Reina's uneasiness and leaned forward. 'Didnt you say you're here to make him laugh? Arent you going to do anything?’

Reina opened to talk but closed again. Honestly speaking, she didn’t know what to do anymore. ‘I..’

‘We’re reaching’ Baekhyun pressed the bell and got up from his seat. Exo-K piled behind him. Reina quickly got up from her seat too and followed behind them. As expected of Hongdae, it was filled with people as Exo-K and Reina walked along the streets. Reina held onto the end of Sehun’s shirt.

Sehun turned around and hissed ‘What do you think you’re doing?’

Reina held on tighter ‘Its too crowded here..’

‘So?’ Sehun replied coldly. Unwillingly, Reina released her hands. Sehun turned back and continued walking. Exo-K were a few feet in front of them now. Reina tried to stay close to Sehun but the crowds had pushed her away again. Reina quickly held onto the end of Sehun’s shirt before she lost him.

Sehun turned around and glared at her. ‘Stop holding onto my shirt’ Sehun pushed Reina’s hand away from his shirt.

‘Whats wrong?’ Reina and Sehun turned towards the voice to see Kai standing in front of them. A guy pushed Reina aside as he walked passed through them. Reina wanted to hold onto Sehun before she got lost in the crowd but stopped halfway, knowing Sehun wouldn’t like it. Reina grabbed onto Kai’s shirt and awkwardly asked ‘You wouldn’t mind right? Its a bit crowded here.. Im afraid I’ll lost you all on the way’

Sehun felt guilty all of a sudden hearing what Reina had just said. Kai chuckled then took Reina’s hand in his.

Reina’s eyes widened as she looked up at him. Kai chuckled louder this time ‘Isnt this better? You’ll never get lost if I hold onto you like that.’

Sehun frowned at the sight. He took Reina’s hand from Kai and placed it on the end of his shirt. ‘Hold properly onto it. Im not going to be responsible if you’re lost.’

‘Yah! Whats taking you all so long?’ Suho came over through the crowds.

‘Nothing hyung, lets go’ Sehun slung his hand over Kai’s shoulder and started walking towards the rest of Exo-K.

Reina watched Sehun and Kai interact as she walked behind them. ‘You okay?’ Kai turned around to check. But before Reina could reply, Sehun interrupted her. ‘Why wouldn’t she? Apparently she’s still sticking well to us.’ Sehun scoffed while giving Reina a cold look. Sehun then turned Kai’s head back to the front as they continued to walk through the crowds.

*Is he jealous? But why? Does he think that Im snatching Kai from him?* Reina curiously looked at Sehun. *Is that the reason why he’s being so cold to me?*

As soon as the crowds around them lessen, Sehun slapped Reina’s hand away from his shirt. ‘Ouch’ Reina touched the part where Sehun had hit. ‘You don’t have to hit that hard’ Reina said under her breath.

‘You could leave if you’re not happy’ Reina looked up, *Did he hear me?* for a moment, Reina panic but Sehun wasnt looking nor glaring her way. He was looking around with Kai. *He didn’t?* while Reina was busy figuring out, Chanyeol suddenly came over and pulled her away. ‘Lets go eat dukkbokki huh?’ Chanyeol asked but he wasn’t expecting a reply as he pulled her towards the store.

‘Wait!’ Reina called out as Chanyeol dragged her away. Sehun turned immediately at Reina’s voice. He frowned when he didn’t saw her. Sehun immediately scanned around for Reina. ‘Chanyeol dragged her towards the dukkbokki store.’ Kai replied and nodded towards the dukkbokki store not far away from them.

Baekhyun came over with D.O and Suho behind. ‘Where’s Chanyeol? Oh where’s your friend-to-be too? She left?’  Sehun glared at him ‘She’s not my friend-to-be.’

Baekhyun held out both of his hands in defense ‘Fine, you don’t have to be so uptight. Im just asking’

Kai chuckled then pointed towards the dukkbokki store instead of talking.

Baekhyun, Suho and D.O frowned not understanding. ‘Chanyeol, that girl’ Kai spoke. This time, they understood.

‘Mwoh?!’ D.O half yelled. ‘How can he not tell us?’ He couldn’t believe Chanyeol just ditched them. They walked towards the dukkbokki store with D.O half fuming.

Inside the store, Chanyeol happily seated Reina down and sat opposite her. ‘Ahjumma, dukkbokki and 7 ramyun please!’ Chanyeol shouted.

Reina looked awkwardly at him ‘Arent we suppose to tell the others too?’

‘They’ll be here soon’ Chanyeol took a sip of his water, not a single bit of worry.

The door opened and the next thing heard was ‘Park Chanyeol, how can you just ditched us?!’ D.O was about to slap Chanyeol’s head when he smartly dodged it. The rest took their seat.

‘Chill, you all got here didn’t you? Not to mention fast’ Chanyeol smirked.

D.O stared at Chanyeol in disbelief. ‘You planned this didn’t you?’

Chanyeol just shrugged ‘You all werent even listening to me when I said I wanted dukkbokki’

The ahjumma came and placed the pot of dukkbokki on top of the mini stove in the middle of the table along with 7 packets of ramyun by the side. She left swiftly while D.O was still arguing with Chanyeol. Kai was fooling around with Baekhyun and Suho. Reina watched them then glanced at Sehun by her side that doesn’t seem to be bothered by such situations.

‘Arent you all going to stop the both of them? They seemed like they’re going to tear each other apart’ Reina whispered. She knew he wouldn’t reply but he caught her by surprise.