Chapter 19

Opposites

 

Exo-K had just passed through the school gate on their way to their classroom when a voice was heard. 'Chingu!' Sehun could recognise the voice anywhere. Sehun turned around and raise a brow. Exo-K stopped and followed Sehun's gaze. 'Ooh, isnt that your friend?' Suho pointed out. Kai laughed upon seeing Reina. 'Your friend sure is interesting'

Sehun didnt replied, he just waited while Reina ran towards him. The clumsy Reina didnt stop in time and crash into Sehun. Sehun caught her before she fell. 'Do you even have to run?'

Reina meekily stepped back and smiled 'mian'

Sehun clucked his tongue and shake his head. He placed his hand on Reina's chin and tilted her face to the left and examine her cheek on the right. He nodded to himself when he saw that her face wasn’t swollen anymore. Reina held his hand and examine his bandage hand. 'Isnt this bandage the one I wrapped for you yesterday? You didnt applied medicine and change a new one?' Reina frowned.

'Its just a few knuckles bleeding, its not like I broke my hand' Sehun pulled it away.

'Still, you have to change it' Reina gave Sehun a look.

'Arasso, I'll change it later. How can you be so nosy? I thought you're just weird' Sehun spoke nonchalantly but Reina smiled at his words. Exo-K looked at Sehun in amusement. This is their first time seeing him so comfortable around a girl. Sehun noticed their stare and turned around 'Mwoh?'

D.O just grinned at him then chuckled.

Chanyeol waved happily to Reina 'Annyeong!'

Kai bend down and leaned in close to Reina's face. 'Annyeong' Kai smiled.

Sehun pulled Kai back 'Whats with the closeness? Annyeong mwoh ga annyeong? From what I remember, she wasnt your chingu'

'Ooh..' the rest of Exo-K hollered. Sehun shot them a look and they kept quiet immediately.

Reina looked at Sehun then at Kai. *Is he being jealous because Kai just said hi to me?*

'Chill, its not like I am going to eat her up.' Kai raised both of his hand in defence. Sehun rolled his eyes at him then turn towards Reina but before he could say anything, 'Erm I think I need to go to my class now' Reina spoke awkwardly before she left.

'See you later!' Chanyeol shouted from behind as Reina made her way to the hallway. 'She sure is fun' Chanyeol chuckled as he watched Reina's fastened pace after he had bid goodbye to her.

'Yah, what do you think she is? Some toy?' Sehun unhappily said.

Chanyeol raised brow and looked at Sehun. 'What happen to 'hyung!'? How could you yah me because of her?' Chanyeol purposely clucked his tongue at the younger one.

'Looks like he doesnt have us in his eyes anymore ever since he had a new friend' Suho playfully joined in as well.

'Not you too hyung!' Sehun couldnt believe they're teasing him like this.

'Alright alright lets not ' Baekhyun spoke. *Finally, a more mature one* Sehun thought but Baekhyun proved him wrong. ‘How are you and your new friend? Both of you seemed a lot closer. Well at least you don’t seem like rejecting her presence now' Baekhyun wiggled his brow teasingly.

Sehun shook his head and walked away *They can never be serious*

Exo-K chuckled from behind and high-five each other. 'Yah wait for me, we're in the same class' Kai called out but Sehun ignored him.

~~~~~~~~~

Lunch briefly came about. Reina trudged out of the classroom confused. *Should I find Sehun for lunch?* Reina thought but that would meant she would have to see his other friends too. She wouldn’t really mind but that would meant she had just disturbed their time together. She didn’t want to do that especially when Kai was there too. Reina shook her head *Forget it. I’ll just eat by myself today again. Whats so hard about it? Im used to doing that by myself already didn’t I?’ Reina nodded to herself before she entered the cafeteria.

Reina line up behind the queue and patiently waited for her turn. She took the tray, picked up the food and went to sit at her usual seat. She placed the food in front of her but she had no intention to eat it. Reina poke the tray of rice in front of her.  She would have hungrily dug in it like usual but she didn’t felt like eating today.

Exo-K came into the cafeteria. They grabbed the tray and picked up their food before they went to their seat. Sehun spotted Reina on his way back and frowned when he saw her poking her food. *Why isn’t she eating?*

‘Why? Worried about your friend?’ Kai whispered as he looked towards Reina’s direction.

Sehun turned around and chortled. ‘Worried? Why would I be?’

‘Right’ Kai rolled his eyes. ‘Just go sit with her.’ he pushed Sehun towards Reina’s table but Sehun didn’t move more than Kai’s push.

‘Why? What wrong?’D.O came over and asked at their abrupt stop. ‘Nothing’ Sehun resumed back to their table while Kai spoke ‘Well, he misses his friend over there’ Kai nodded towards Reina’s direction.

‘Aww..’ D.O cooed. ‘Go to her then’ D.O cooly replied.

Sehun just sat on his chair and ignored their crazy comments. ‘Or you could bring her over’ Suho suggested.

‘I can do that if you don’t want to’ Kai volunteered. He placed his food down and walked towards Reina.

‘Aissh..’ Sehun cussed under his breath and stopped Kai from going. Kai smirked as Sehun headed towards her table.

Sehun knocked onto Reina’s table to get her attention but Reina was apparently so much in thought that she hadnt heard him. Sehun lightly used his fist and knocked on her head. ‘Ouchh..’ Reina snapped out of her thoughts and prepared to glare at whoever it is. But the moment Reina saw Sehun, her eyes softened, slightly surprised by his presence. ‘What are you doing here?’

Sehun didn’t say anything, he just picked up her food and walked towards Exo-K. ‘You wanna me sit with you guys?’ Reina probed but Sehun just walked. ‘Whats wrong with him? So moody.. tch’ Reina clucked her tongue as she looked at him.

‘You know I can hear you right?’ Sehun replied without looking back. Reina immediately covered with both of her hand.