Chapter 11

Opposites

 

While checking out things from the cashier, Sehun received a call from Baekhyun. He walked outside and took the phonecall while Reina waited for the items to be scanned. ‘Yeobosayo?’ Sehun spoke once he picked up the call.

‘Where are you? They’re at my house now, when are you coming over?’ Baekhyun asked over the phone.

Sehun glanced at Reina inside the mart, few packets of groceries were on the floor while Reina paid the cashier. ‘Im busy hyung. Bye.’ Sehun hang up the phone when Reina came out of the mart.

‘Who are you talking to?’ Reina asked, packets of groceries in her hands.

‘I believe that doesn’t concern you does it?’ Sehun asked back.

Reina rolled her eyes and placed all the packets of groceries in Sehun’s hand. ‘Take it’ Reina walked away after giving Sehun all the groceries.

*She’s getting bolder and bolder* Sehun shook his head disapprovingly and walked behind Reina with all the groceries in hand. ‘Yah! Its your groceries, why am I taking it for you?’ Sehun shouted.

Reina turned around and beamed at him ‘Just help me take huh chingu? I’ll treat you some slushie?’ Reina hugged Sehun’s hand and pulled him towards the slushie shop nearby.

Reina opened and held the door with one hand while she bend and usher Sehun in with her other hand. Sehun ignored her act and stepped in. Reina quickly stepped in and closed the door behind her. She pushed Sehun towards an empty table by the window and settled down. ‘What do you want?’ Reina cheerfully asked.

‘Mango’ Sehun replied after scanning through the menu board above the cashier.

‘Arasso, I’ll be back’ Reina stood up from her seat with her wallet. Sehun watched Reina whirled around towards the counter but stopped in her track.

‘Hey Reina, its been awhile since I’ve seen you huh?’ Reina froze in her place as she looked at the girl in front of her. Sehun watched as Reina’s smile falter and pained crossed her face a split second before it was gone again and replaced with an emotionless expression.

‘SM high? You study there now?’ the girl asked. Sehun frowned when Reina didn’t speak. Everything about her was wrong. She didn’t speak nor did she move. She just stared at the girl in front of her.

‘Reina?’ Sehun placed his hand on Reina’s shoulder.

‘Oh you’ve got a friend? Or is he your boyfriend? I thought you’ll never have any friend or boyfriend anymore’ the girl smirked. Sehun didn’t like the vibe the girl was giving. 

*What is she talking about?* Sehun stared at the girl.

Reina seemed to have snapped out of her thoughts as she hissed to the girl ‘That’s none of your business Shinkyung’ Sehun turned around and looked at Reina, shocked. He had never seen her so hostile before.

Shinkyung dimiss Reina’s hostility. ‘Its nice to see you. See you again’ Sehun watched the girl waved and left.

‘Reina?’ Sehun worriedly called seeing how she was.

Reina whirled around and smiled ‘Mango slushie right? I’ll be right back’ Sehun watched as Reina ran towards the counter, it was as if nothing had happened before.

Reina came back with a mango slushie and a kiwi slushie after a short while. ‘Here, your mango slushie’ Reina passed Sehun his drink.

‘Drink, aren’t you drinking?’ Reina pushed the drink in Sehun’s hand to his lip. Sehun just nodded and warily drink on it.

‘Its nice huh?’ Reina asked. Sehun just nodded again. He wanted to ask her about the girl previously but didn’t have the courage to. Afterall, who was he to ask her about her things?

There was a moment of silence, both Sehun and Reina were just sipping on their slushie, no words were exchanged. Reina took the initiative and spoke ‘You’re free to go now. Thank you for today’ Reina smiled but somehow Sehun knew it wasn’t a true smile. Reina grabbed her bags of groceries and was about to leave when Sehun stopped her.

‘What?’ Reina blinked.

Sehun took the bags of groceries from Reina with one hand and placed his drink in Reina’s hand before he took the groceries with his other hand ‘I don’t like doing things halfway’ Sehun headed towards the exit with the bags of groceries in hand.

Reina blinked and looked at Sehun’s back. She registered what he was doing and quickly followed him behind. Sehun waited outside for Reina. ‘Where?’

‘This way’ Reina pointed towards the right. She walked beside Sehun and lead the way to her home.

15 minutes of walk from the slushie shop, Reina stopped in front of her home. Reina opened the small gate of her house and entered. Sehun hesitated outside. *What if her parents were at home?* the thought of parents had him outside instead of following Reina. He didn’t like the thought of dealing with parents especially whom he had never met of.  

‘What are you doing there? Come in’ Reina waved Sehun over.

Sehun just stared at the house. ‘Well.. is your..’ Sehun didn’t know how to ask the question.

Reina saw the worried expression on Sehun’s face and chuckled ‘Don’t worry, there’s no parents inside to bite, come in. Hurry!’ Reina turned around and entered the house.

Sehun sighed in relief before walking through the gate and headed to her house. Sehun entered the small but neat house. ‘Place it over there’ Reina pointed towards the kitchen counter while she went up the stairs.  

Sehun placed the things on the kitchen counter and roamed around. Reina came down the stairs with a new set of clothes and went into the kitchen. ‘Water or juice?’ Reina asked from the kitchen.

‘Water will do’ Sehun replied without looking away from the family photo hung in the living room.

Sehun scanned the photo, the Reina inside looked a few years younger from now. Sehun looked around. The photos in the living room were all filled with her parents but something was odd. No matter how he looked around, he couldn’t find any pictures of Reina with her parents when she was her age now or rather it seemed like the last time they took the picture, it was the one hung up on the wall.