Chapter 21

Opposites

 

Reina tapped her foot as she waited at the side of the subway station. Reina boredly looked through the crowds of people that just came out of the subway. *Where is he?* Reina blew air in her cheeks as she scanned around. When she finally spotted Sehun, she waved happily to him ‘Chingu! Here!’

*Doesn’t she know anything called embarrass?* Sehun ducked his way as people looked his way when Reina waved and called out. He fastened his way towards her and immediately covered to stop her from attracting anymore attention once he reached her. ‘Yah, don’t do that next time. Its embarrassing’ Sehun spoke softly, almost whisper-ike.

Reina frowned then spoke but her voice came out mumbled through Sehun’s hand. Reina pulled Sehun’s hand away. ‘What’s embarrassing? Me?’ Reina narrowed her eyes at Sehun. He replied without a doubt ‘Yeah, you’re embarrassing’

‘Mwoh?! Yah, how could you say that’ Reina lightly slapped Sehun’s arm and glared at him.

Sehun raised his brow at her ‘Shouldn’t we get going instead of wasting time like this?’

‘Right, I almost forgot about that. Lets go!’ Reina pulled Sehun out of the subway, forgetting their little quarrel awhile ago.

Sehun shook his head. *She sure changed fast* ‘Yah! Slow down a bit’ he spoke as they walked up the stairs.

They came out of the subway and walked towards the street. ‘Where shall we go first?’ Reina looked around the streets, unable to decide what they should do. ‘What should we do?’ Reina turned around and asked for Sehun’s opinion.

Sehun was about to give her sarcastic comment but decided to drop it off when he looked at her troubled face. ‘Come on’ he walked towards the baseball gaming centre while Reina followed behind. When they were done with everything, they were each holding a bat in hand in separate room next to each other.

The baseball shoot out from the machine and shot towards Sehun and he swung his bat and hit the baseball without a problem while Reina dodged her ball when it flew towards her. The second round was the same. Sehun was playing the game with ease while Reina dodged the incoming baseball. It doesn’t seem to give Reina a rest as the baseball shot furiously towards her again. ‘Sehun..’ Reina called out as she dodged her ball again. Sehun hit his third ball and it flew back before he looked back at Reina. ‘I really don’t want to disturb your game but - Ah!’ Reina dodged another ball that flew towards her again.

‘You’re suppose to hit the baseball, not dodged it’ Sehun pointed out.

Reina frowned and pouted ‘I know but..’ She dodged another incoming baseball. ‘its in my blood that I should dodged incoming ball. Its just in my reflexes, you cant blame me for that.’

Sehun gave her a look. Reina raised her hand ‘Fine, Im afraid of it’ Reina confessed and pouted.

*Cute* Sehun chuckled then put down his bat and went over to her side. ‘Turn back and stay still’ Sehun commanded when Reina thought everything was over. Reina pouted and turned back around to face the scary machine a distance away from her. Sehun stood behind Reina and taught her from the basic. ‘Hold your bat like this’ Sehun showed Reina once and passed the bat back to her. Reina took it and he held her hand to teach her how to swing. Sehun took a step back and watched when the baseball flew over. He expected Reina to swing her bat and hit the baseball but she dodged it again. ‘I don’t remember teaching you about dodging the baseball’ Sehun clucked his tongue.

Reina turned around and gave Sehun a sad look ‘I told its in my blood to dodge the ball. I cant help it’ Reina pouted.

‘Too bad, continue.’ Sehun nodded towards the front. ‘Can we not play it anymore? I mean since Im so bad in it’ Reina helpfully suggested.

Sehun looked up at the ceiling and thought about it. For a moment Reina see the light to escape but it was just a short while. Sehun looked back at Reina ‘No.’ Sehun said with a straight face.

Reina turned back with her slumped shoulders. ‘You better hit the baseball. We’re not leaving until you managed to hit 3 of it’

‘Mwoh?!’ Reina spun around immediately once she heard what Sehun said. ‘Me? Baseball? 3 times? You gotta be kidding me’ Reina shook her head

‘Do I look like Im joking or do you want to make it 5? Hurry up’ Sehun strictly said as he folded his arm and leaned back to watch. Reina had no choice but to turn back and continue the game.

Sehun watched as Reina turned back with determined face. He thought she would have overcome her fear and hit the baseball with that look but Reina backout once again upon seeing the baseball that flew her way. He heaved a sigh and walked towards her. Sehun stood behind her and held her hands along with the bat. ‘Don’t move’ Sehun spoke when Reina was about to turn around.

The baseball shot towards them again and Reina attempt to dodge but failed this time. Sehun was behind her, his hand held her tightly, making her unable to escape. Reina closed her eyes instead when she failed to escape. Her hand was raised and her bat swung. ‘See, it isn’t that hard is it?’ Reina heard Sehun’s voice and opened her eyes. She saw her baseball flying back before landing on the ground.

‘Wow..’ Reina stared at her baseball on the ground with amazement. Sehun stepped back, ‘Now you do it yourself. Dodge again and I’ll kill you’ he threatened.

Reina warily nodded and faced the incoming baseball. She didn’t dodge it this time and swung her bat but she failed. Reina tried again but it was the same, however Reina was really determined to hit it now. Sehun watched at the side with content. He didn’t really mind if she couldn’t hit any baseball today. At least she didn’t try to escape because she thought she couldn’t do it.

Reina focused hard on the incoming baseball and swung her bat. ‘Bing!’ the sound that came when the bat hit the baseball. Reina watched as the baseball she had just hit flew back successfully. Reina dropped her bat and ran towards Sehun. She threw her hand around Sehun’s neck and jumped in joy. ‘I did it! I did it Sehun!’  

Reina smiled brightly up at Sehun as she jumped up and down while Sehun stiffened because of their closeness.