Chapter 23

Opposites

 

Sehun immediately went on defensive mood and stood beside Reina seeing how she had frozen in place. ‘Who are you?’ Sehun narrowed his eyes at the male in front of him.

The male didn’t even bother to look at Sehun. ‘Reina..’ he called out again and took a step towards her.

Sehun immediately took a step forward as well. ‘Don’t call my name’ Reina clenched her fist as she looked at the person in front of her.

‘Cant you forgive me? Its been years’ the male asked.

Reina let out a laugh ‘Would you be able to accept it if I cheat on you Jonghwan?’ Sehun froze in his place when he heard the name. *So he's the bastard that hurt her?!* Sehun unknowingly clenched his fist and glared at the male in front of him.

‘Reina, listen to me’ Jonghwan took Reina’s hand. Reina was about to shove it away when Sehun pushed Jonghwan's hand away. ‘Don’t touch her’ Sehun growled as he glared at Jonghwan. He himself didn’t knew why he was being defensive either.

‘Who are you?’ Jonghwan finally look at Sehun and glared at him for interrupting their conversation.

‘Its none of your busin-’ Reina spoke but Sehun was faster ‘Im her boyfriend’ Sehun pulled Reina closer to him and lightly kiss on the side of her temple.

Reina eyes’ widened at what Sehun had just done. Sehun smirked at Jonghwan’s dropped face. ‘I’ll appreciate if you wouldn’t disturb me and my girlfriend while we’re on our date. No, I’ll appreciate if you never appear in front of her again’ Sehun hissed then pulled Reina away from Jonghwan.

Reina just numbly followed behind Sehun, seeing Jonghwan still affected her. He, was her first love afterall. ‘Sehun..’ Reina quietly called out when they were far away from Jonghwan. Sehun turned around, he hadnt realised how angry he was until he saw how red and raw Reina’s wrist was. ‘Im sorry, are you okay?’ Sehun gently rubbed her raw wrist.

Reina lightly pulled her hand away ‘Its okay, Im just.. Im tired, I want to go home now..’ Reina quietly spoke as she looked at the ground.

‘Okay, we’ll get you home then’ Sehun turned around but Reina stopped him. ‘Its okay, I’ll go by myself’ with that say, Reina turned and walked away. Sehun watched as Reina walked away all by herself. Her back looked so sad and lonely, it hurt him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ever since Reina came back, she had sat herself on her bed and stared into space. So many things were running in her mind. She didnt expect to meet him again yet she did today. She had tried so hard to bury his memories but it was all poured out the moment she saw him. Reina blinked her eyes and wiped away her tears. *Jonghwan.. I thought I have got you out of my heart all good but I was wrong* Reina held her hand to her heart that hurt just the thought of remembering his everything.

Reina willed herself to stop crying as she looked out of the window. She had promised herself not to cry because of him years back but still, she couldn’t control herself. Reina paused when she noticed Sehun outside her gate. *what is he doing there?* Reina frowned as she watched Sehun lingering around her gate. Reina got out of bed and went downstairs.

‘What are you doing here?’ Sehun looked up from the ground to see Reina standing by her gate. Sehun could see her eyes red and swollen behind her accessory glasses. ‘Why do you even wear spectacles? From what I remember you don’t even need one.’ Sehun yanked it away before Reina could hide herself behind her glasses. ‘Yah! Give me back!’ Reina partly covered her eyes as she tried to take it back from Sehun who had her glasses high up.

‘No!’ Sehun kept it away from her and enter her house without permission. ‘Yah! Come back! Did I even say you can enter my house?’ Reina yelled behind Sehun who just entered the house.

Sehun plopped himself onto the couch and leaned on it. ‘I thought I was going to die from standing outside’ Sehun mumbled to himself as he massage his legs that were sore from standing outside her house for hours.

‘You’ve been outside my house for hours?’ Reina looked at Sehun in surprise. Sehun paused in his place. He hadnt expect Reina to hear it. He cleared his throat and looked at her, pretending that he hadnt heard her question. ‘Don’t you have anything to eat? Its dinner time already’

‘Really?’ Reina turned to look at the clock hanging on her wall. She had been in her own world for too long she hadnt noticed it was way past 8. Reina managed to snatch back the glasses and put it on while Sehun was off guard. ‘What do you want to eat?’ Reina asked when she could properly look at him.

‘Omelets. But can you make it?’ Sehun raised an eyebrow challenging her.

Reina raised her brow back ‘Are you trying to imply something?’

Sehun shrugged and teasingly look back at her ‘Does it look like it?’

Reina shake her head and turned away ‘Whatever, I’ll make it for you to see’

Sehun got up from the couch and sat on the kitchen counter, Reina was already wearing her apron, taking things out from the fridge. Reina cracked the eggs in a bowl and used a fork to beat them. ‘You know, you hadnt been replying my question.’ Reina looked up at Sehun while her hands were still on the bowl of eggs.

Sehun blinked his eyes ‘Which one?’ he asked innocently as if he didn’t knew what Reina was talking about.

‘All’ Reina narrowed her eyes at him.

Sehun rolled his eyes at her then honestly spoke ‘To check on you. No, you didn’t say I could enter your house’ Reina rolled her eyes at the second answer. He didn’t even have to answer that one. ‘Yes, ever since you got back from home.’ Sehun answered the last question.

Reina felt her heart warmed by his sweet gesture *He stood outside all this while?* ‘Yah are you an idiot? Don’t you know how to ring the bell?’ What if I never come out? Are you going to stay outside for the whole night?’ Reina scolded.

*I would have* Sehun looked intently at Reina but he didn’t say it. ‘Hurry up already! Im hungry!’ Sehun changed the topic.

‘Geesh cook it yourself then’ Reina glared at Sehun’s demanding act.