Chapter 7

Opposites

 

Reina quietly followed behind Sehun, carefully eyeing his every move. Sehun abruptly stopped. Reina didn’t stop on time and ended crashing into him. Sehun turned around, ‘Sorry’ Reina quickly apologized, eyes focusing on the ground, afraid to look up.

Sehun raised a brow at her behavior ‘Whats wrong with you?’

‘Whats wrong with me? There’s nothing wrong with me’ Reina replied with her eyes still glued to the ground.

‘Then why aren’t you looking at me?’ Sehun folded his arms and waited for her answer.

Reina fake a laugh ‘Why should I look at yo- Ack!’ Reina groaned when somebody pushed passed her. Sehun quickly grabbed her arm before she lost her balance and fell.

‘Aissh.. you’re really troublesome’ Sehun complained but pulled her towards the street that was less crowded.

When the place was less crowded, Sehun released Reina’s hand and walked by her side. He looked around while Reina looked straight in front without speaking any words. Sehun glanced by the side of his eyes. *Didn’t she say she want to be my friend but why is she suddenly so quiet now?*

‘Where did your annoying self go? Did you regret now? We can alwa-’ Before Sehun could finish his sentence Reina quickly waved her hand ‘Aniyo, its not like that. Its just that, you don’t seemed so willing to so I didn’t know what to do..’ Reina mumbled the last part.

Sehun slightly softened at her words. ‘Whats your name?’ Reina looked up and blinked at him, seeming caught off by his question.

‘Arent you going to tell me your name?’ Sehun repeated again.

Reina blinked and absorbed his words. *Does that mean he’s accepting me?*

‘Forget it then’ Sehun spoke and walked away. ‘Reina, my name is Reina’ Reina shouted as she chase after Sehun. Reina cup and dodged her head down as passerbys stared at her.

Sehun stopped in his track and Reina crashed onto him again. ‘Ouch..’ Reina rubbed her sore spot.

‘Don’t you ever look where you’re going?’ Sehun took a step back and looked at her.

Reina meekily smiled ‘Sorry’ Sehun shook his head.

‘Erm..’ Reina started but she didn’t know how to continue. It was too embarrassing for her.

‘What?’ Sehun asked as he started walking down the street again.

‘I still don’t know your name..’ Reina rubbed the back of her neck and carefully eyed Sehun from the side of her eyes.

‘Mwoh?!’ Sehun turned around and looked at Reina in disbelief. *Is this girl serious?* Reina just awkwardly laugh in reply.

Sehun was speechless. ‘You got to be kidding me. You want me to be your friend yet you didn’t know my name?’

‘Hehehe.. Well… is that really important?’ Reina bite her lip and nervously looked at Sehun.

Sehun took a deep breath before he spoke again. ‘Sehun. Oh Sehun’

‘Nice to meet you chingu!’ Reina smiled, taking Sehun’s hand with hers and shook it.

Sehun’s eyes widened by her action but what he could say? Reina was an odd and weird person that he never knew what she was thinking. At least, not now.

Sehun fake a coughed and looked away ‘What do you want to do?’

‘Can we go eat?’ Reina asked. ‘Ah, over there!’ Reina pulled Sehun over without any single thought. Sehun just watched as Reina pulled him. *One moment she’s being awkward, another moment she acted like we’re already friends for a long time. What is she really thinking?*

Reina pulled Sehun into a fast food restaurant. She scanned the place and pulled Sehun towards an empty table. ‘Sit here, I’ll be back soon with the food. Hamburger is fine with you right?’ Reina asked as she scanned the menu from where they are.

Sehun raised his brow as he watched her walking towards the counter. *Why would she even ask me when she isn’t planning to listen to my answer?* Sehun shook his head but a small smile was on his face.

It wasn’t long when Reina came back with the food. ‘Here’ Reina happily passed hamburgers and drink to Sehun while she sat opposite him.

‘Hurry up and eat’ Reina clenched her hands together and put them under her chin as she looked at Sehun

Sehun raised his brow then bring his finger up and twirled around indicating the crazy sign ‘Is there something wrong with your brain?’

‘Im just so happy’ Reina squealed.

‘She’s crazy, why would anyone be happy about eating hamburger?’ Sehun spoke under his breath and peel off the wrapper of his hamburger before eating.

Reina chuckled, Sehun looked up. He hadnt expect her to hear what he had just said. Reina looked intently into his eyes before she spoke ‘It isn’t about eating the hamburger that made me happy. It was who I was eating with that makes me happy’

Sehun tilt his head and looked at her. For the first time, he was really looking at her. Somehow, she didn’t look that bad in his eyes anymore. *Who are you really?* Sehun stared at Reina curiously.

‘I always wanted to buy food for my friend and eat it together with him.’ Reina picked up a fries and popped it into .

‘Him?’ Sehun asked.

Reina nodded. ‘I always wanted to find a guy friend’

‘Why?’ Sehun asked again. He was beginning to gain interest in her. There were so many things about Reina that sparked interest in him.

‘Because a male friend is the last person to hurt me in this world’ Reina replied. For a split second, Sehun saw a hurt expression in her eyes but it was gone before he could confirm what he had seen.

‘Why not the others, why me?’ Sehun found himself probing her again.

Reina chuckled ‘Were you always this curious? You didn’t seem like these kind of person before’

Sehun shot her a look, Reina held up her hands in surrender then spoke sincerely ‘Because you’re the only one that wouldn’t hurt me, I know’ *Gay, would be the last person to hurt me in this world. At least they wouldnt betray me.. *

Sehun felt his heart skipped a beat at her word. Not knowing what to do, he looked away from her and ate his food.