Chapter 13

Opposites

 

‘Where are you going? The cafeteria is the otherside’ Kai pointed towards the cafeteria.

Sehun just continued walking. ‘Go first without me. Im going somewhere else’ Sehun waved and headed the opposite direction. Sehun stopped in front of Reina’s classroom. He didn’t know why he was there but somehow he wanted to see that she was fine. That was what he was planning to do. To see that she was fine and then quietly left afterwards. Sehun peeked into her classroom. He saw how Reina stiffened when a voice called her from behind. He followed the voice and saw Shinkyung. *She’s in her class?!*

Lessons were hell for Reina. Time passed slowly. She couldn’t concentrate at all with Shinkyung’s presence. It felt hard for her to breathe too. The bell for lesson finally rang. Reina immediately stood up from her seat. She can no longer stay in the same place as Shinkyung. ‘Wait for me Reina’ Shinkyung called out behind Reina.

Reina clenched her fist as she continued to make her way out of the classroom. Reina stopped when she saw Sehun. ‘What are you doing here?’ Reina was slightly caught off seeing Sehun in front of her.

‘Oh you’re here?’ Shinkyung came out of the classroom and bowed, interrupting their conversation. Shinkyung hugged Reina’s arm ‘Why didn’t you wait for me? Is it because he’s here?’

‘Speaking of which, we met twice but I never really introduced myself have I?’ Shinkyung gave Reina a small smirk and turned to look at Sehun innocently.

‘You don’t have to do that’ Reina slightly hissed as she looked at Shinkyung.

Shinkyung shook her head ‘Its curtesy isn’t it Reina?’ Shinkyung then leaned in and whispered softly so that only Reina could hear. ‘If I were you, I’ll just stay there and keep quiet. Who knows what I might do’ Shinkyung gave her a smile then turned to Sehun. Shinkyung held out her hand ‘Im Shinkyung. You are?’

Sehun just looked at her hand then looked at Reina who still looked stiffened in her place. ‘My hand is hurting, aren’t you going to tell me your name? Isnt it rude to treat a girl like that?’ Shinkyung pouted.

Sehun took her hand ‘Im Sehun.’

‘Nice to meet you’ Shinkyung replied, satisfied. ‘You’re going to lunch with us right?’ Shinkyung asked.

Before Sehun could reply, Reina replied for him. ‘No, he has his friends to have his lunch with.’

Reina looked at Sehun ‘Arent you going?’ Sehun looked at Reina, her behavior was really weird but he didn’t say anything and left.

After Sehun left, Reina turned around and hissed at Shinkyung ‘What are you planning?’

Shinkyung pulled away from Reina and folded her arms. The hallway was almost empty now. ‘Don’t you know? I told you didn’t I?’ Shinkyung leaned in close to Reina’s face ‘Im back for you Reina. I’ll take away whatever that is yours.’ Shinkyung gently brush the non-existence dust on Reina’s shoulder. ‘Now excuse me’ Shinkyung smirked before she left, leaving Reina alone in the hallway.

‘You wont be able to take him away!’ Reina shouted.

Shinkyung stopped in her track. She turned around and folded her arms in front of her chest. ‘Why wouldn’t I be able to? As long as he’s a man, I’ll be able to’

‘Because he’s a-’ Reina was about to say it when a couple of student walked passed. *Gay* She couldn’t bear to say it out when there were students around.

Shinkyung smirked, thinking that Reina had no comebacks for that. ‘See?’ She snorted.

‘You’ll never be able to get him!’ Reina shouted again.

Shinkyung stopped in her track when she heard Reina shouted from behind. It wasn’t long before she waved and left. ‘Seeya’

Reina sank into the floor. *She wouldn’t be able to take him away from me too right?* She hoped she was right.

Sehun on the other hand, entered the cafeteria and sat down beside Baekhyun. ‘You’re late again. You’ve been busy lately aren’t you?’ D.O teased but Sehun didn’t even retort back. He just stared into the empty space in front of him. *Whats wrong with her? She seemed so different.* Sehun's mind unconciously drifted back to Reina.

‘Yah?’ Chanyeol called.

Suho waved a hand in front of Sehun but he didn’t respond.

Kai punched Sehun hard on his arm. It was then that Sehun snapped out of his thought. ‘Ouch!’ he glared at Kai. ‘Whats wrong with you? What are you thinking about?’ Baekhyun asked.

*Right, why am I thinking about her? Although she called herself my friend, she isn’t really my friend right? Snapped out of thinking about her Oh Sehun* Sehun shook his head to get rid of the thoughts.

‘What the hell? Is he crazy now?’ Chanyeol pointed at Sehun as he looked at Suho.

Sehun slapped Chanyeol’s finger away ‘You’re the one that’s crazy hyung’ Sehun took Chanyeol’s plate of food and digged in.

‘Ouch.. Yah! Why are you eating my food again?!’ Chanyeol attempted to take his food back but Sehun was faster. Sehun held the plate away from Chanyeol.

‘Hyung aren’t you doing anything?’Chanyeol looked at Suho who shrugged nonchalantly ‘Sorry.’

‘Help me Baekhyun, Kai? D.O?’ Chanyeol looked at Exo-K who were watching the show. ‘Aiish, you punks. My food will be finished before you all even help’ Chanyeol didn’t bother asking them for help anymore. Exo-K just chuckled as they watch the two of them fight for that plate of food.

Chanyeol reached out again and tried to snatch it back. ‘Yah! Go get it your own’ Chanyeol snatched his plate of food back and pushed Sehun out of his seat.

‘Fine, petty ’ Sehun jokingly called as he got up from his seat. He left the table and walked towards the queue.

*Where are they? Didn’t they say they’re coming for lunch?*He scanned around for sight of both Reina and Shinkyung but he couldn’t see them anywhere.

Sehun found himself thinking about Reina and shook his head *What was I thinking? Its none of my business. Besides, whether they come to the cafeteria for lunch or not is none of my business* Sehun tried convincing himself yet he couldn’t felt at ease when he didn’t see her anywhere in the cafeteria.