Chapter 16

Opposites

 

Sehun bumped into Shinkyung again when he was about to go for his classes. ‘Annyeong, we meet again’ Shinkyung smiled.

Instead of the usual reply, Sehun smirked and leaned into her ears. ‘You know, I actually know your true color so why don’t you drop the act? It would be more comfortable for you wouldn’t it?’ Sehun leaned back and looked at Shinkyung.

Shinkyung was surprised for a moment before she smirked. ‘Great, I was still wondering how long I would need to act like that’

‘Yeah, since I know your true colors, why don’t you go back to your own school?’ Sehun spoke straight in her face.

‘You know,’ Shinkyung stepped forward and lightly traced the side of his collar before she spoke again. ‘Reina told me that I will never be able to get you. I never believe her and never thought that it would come true. Then it all made sense,’

*What is she trying to say* Sehun frowned and waited for the woman to continue. Shinkyung looked up at him and smirked ‘Reina thought you’re gay.’

‘Mwoh?!’ Sehun looked back, horror crossed his face. He couldn’t believe what he had just heard.

‘As I expected, you aren’t, are you?’ Shinkyung smirked wider. She leaned in again and whispered in his ear ‘Do you think she’ll really made friends with you if you’re normal?’ Shinkyung lightly patted his shoulder, laugh and left.

Sehun shook his head, *Its not possible.* He was about to go when he recalled Reina’s word *Can you be my gay best friend?*

*It wasn’t just a mistake* Sehun clenched his fist. Despite the bell for class, he walked towards Reina’s classroom instead. He walked into the classroom and scanned for Reina. He met eyes with Shinkyung and the girl smirked.

*There, you lost another friend Reina* Shinkyung watched as Sehun stormed out of the classroom.

Sehun picked his cellphone and called Reina immediately. ‘Where are you?’ Sehun hissed the moment Reina picked up his phone.

There was a moment of silence over the line. ‘Where . are . you . now?’ Sehun hissed every single word.

‘Ho-home’ Reina replied over the line. She seemed caught off by Sehun’s tone but Sehun could careless now. Sehun hang up his phone and walked towards the school gate.

Suho was about to rush to class when he saw Sehun. ‘Where are you going?’ Suho frowned seeing Sehun walking another direction.

‘Out. I have things to settle’ Sehun spoke without stopping in his track and passed by Suho without waiting for his reply.

‘Yah! You cant just skipped class!’ Suho shouted from behind, but Sehun was too hotheaded to listen to the leader.

Sehun took a bus and stopped in Reina’s neighborhood. He stepped out of the bus and headed towards Reina’s house. *What the hell is she thinking?! Gay?! Who told her I was gay?! Gay friend?! She was always thinking me as her gay friend?!*

Sehun rang the bell on the gate impatiently. It wasn’t long before Reina ran out of the gate. ‘Open the gate!’ Sehun spoke harshly.

‘What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be in school?’ Reina asked when she saw Sehun.

‘Just ope-’ Sehun paused when he saw her red eyes behind her big cosmetic glasses. All his anger was gone when he saw her red and puffy eyes behind the glasses. Sehun heaved a sigh before he spoke again. ‘Just open up the gate.’

Reina obediently opened the gate and stepped aside for Sehun to walk in. ‘Shouldn’t you be in school now?’ Reina closed the gate and followed behind Sehun.

‘I could ask the same thing of you’ Sehun replied as he entered the house.

Reina didn’t reply that one. She couldn’t possibly tell him that she didn’t go to school because her eyes were too puffy to go out. Reina quietly went in and closed the door behind him. ‘But seriously, what are you doing here?’

Reina watched as Sehun turned around. Sehun opened his mouth to speak but closed again with a shake of his head. ‘I ditched’

‘That’s it?’ Reina asked.

‘That’s it’ Sehun concluded.

‘Eh.. Cant be. Whats the reason?’ Reina nudged Sehun.

Sehun ignored Reina and walked towards the living room but stopped when he smell something. ‘Whats that burning smell?’

‘Oh no!’ Reina ran into the kitchen immediately. Sehun swiftly followed behind. Reina turned off the gas and picked up the frying pan. She burnt herself in the middle and dropped the pan onto the floor. ‘Ouch!’

Sehun quickly went over and pulled her aside. He brought her to the sink and let the cold water run through her burnt skin. ‘Aiish, don’t you know how to be more careful?’

Sehun looked over and frowned when Reina laughed. ‘Im scolding you and you’re laughing? Have you burnt your head too?!’

Reina laughed ‘Aniya, my brain is totally fine.’ She paused then speak again ‘Its good to really have a friend. Thank you chingu. You’re the best’ Reina held up a thumb on her free hand.

Sehun looked away, ‘Go sit at the counter. I’ll bring the first aid kit out’

‘Arasso’ Reina skipped out of the kitchen and obediently sat by the kitchen counter. ‘It’s inside the second cabinet. You might need a chair’ Reina pointed it out to Sehun.

Sehun smirked ‘I wouldn’t need one’ Sehun turned around. With his tall height, he easily reached it and took the first aid kit out.

Reina snorted ‘Show off’ it was Sehun’s turn to chuckle now. He took a seat in front of her and took her hand. Sehun gently applied the medicine on Reina. Reina winced and he lightly blew on her wound. ‘There, better?’ Sehun looked up.

Instead of saying anything, Reina wrapped her arms around Sehun. Sehun stiffened at the sudden hug. ‘W-what are you doing?’

‘Thank you, really thank you’ Reina spoke.

Sehun leaned back and pushed her away. He threw the plaster to her ‘Put that on yourself’ Sehun put everything back into the kit and went back into the kitchen without looking at Reina.