Chapter 15

Opposites

 

‘Shinkyung..’ Sehun warily spoke again. He watched as Reina clenched her fist. ‘Is she really your friend, both of you don’t really seemed closed.’ Sehun watched as Reina kept quiet. Reina opened , she was about to talk when there’s a thunder and all the lightings in the house were out.

‘Ah!’ Reina screamed. Sehun calming took out his phone and shine around looking for switches. He was about to stand up when Reina grabbed his hand. ‘Don’t go away. Don’t leave me here alone’ Reina whimpered.

‘I need to check the switches.’ Sehun spoke but Reina grabbed tightly onto him. ‘Don’t leave me here alone’ Reina spoke again.

Sehun could felt Reina shaking even without the use of light from his phone. ‘Arasso, follow me’ Sehun took Reina’s hand in his and carefully walked out of the kitchen to find the switches using the light from his phone while Reina clutched onto him.

When he found the main switch, he left it up and the light was back again. ‘The light is back up again’ Sehun spoke. Reina slowly put her hand down but quickly clutched onto him again when there was another lightning that flashed across before the thunder roar again.

Sehun realised that it wasn’t the darkness that had her all timid and frightened but the lightnings and thunder. ‘You afraid of lightnings and thunders?’ Sehun asked. Reina nodded.

‘Follow me’ Sehun walked Reina towards the living room. ‘Sit here’ he motioned Reina to sit on the couch and went over to the windows. It was pouring outside. Sehun pulled up the curtains and sat down beside Reina who seemed all tensed up.

‘You haven’t tell me about it.’ Sehun spoke. He knew it was cruel to ask her about her past but it was a good distraction for her and moreover, it was always better to say it out then to have her keeping her past to herself.

Reina paused in her seat. She didn’t want to talk about it but Sehun seemed determined about it. Reina looked at Sehun for awhile before she opened and spoke. ‘Would you believe if I say we weren’t friends now and she’s actually not what she seemed to be?’

‘I believe’ Reina looked up to meet with Sehun’s serious gaze.

For a moment, Reina felt herself drowned into his eyes. ‘Is she the reason why you never had friend anymore?’ Reina could felt her heart wrenched in pain upon remembering all the things Shinkyung had done.

‘We used to be best friend or so I thought..’ Reina looked at Sehun who kept silent. She took it as a response for her to continue and she did. ‘We were 13 years old back then..’

 

-------------Flshback-------

‘Shinkyung ah’ Reina called out from the back. *Why isn’t she replying?* Reina frowned and followed behind her.

‘Shinkyu-’ Reina was about to call her again when she saw Jonghwan. She stopped in her track. *Didn’t Jonghwan said he had to stay back school today?* Reina tilt her head and looked at him.

‘Where are they going? Why didn’t they tell me if they’re going somewhere together?’ Reina watched her boyfriend and Shinkyung walked towards the school gate together.

Reina was about to chase after them when she saw them holding hands together. Reina took a step back and shook her head. *Its not possible*

She watched as they walked further and further away from her. Reina ran towards them without thinking and stopped in front of them. Jonghwan was shocked when he saw her but Shinkyung wasn’t the least affected. ‘Oh Reina’ Shinkyung called out with a smirk on her face while Jonghwan was stiffened in his place.

Reina looked down at their intertwined hand. Jonghwan immediately loosen it but Shinkyung held on. ‘Wh-what are you two?’ Reina could felt tightening as she imagined the worst.

‘Re-reina..’ Jonghwan called out but Shinkyung cut him off.

Shinkyung smirk and held out their intertwined hand. ‘This? Just like what it seemed like’ Shinkyung said without any difficulty.

*How could she said it so easily when she’s in the wrong* Reina could felt herself breaking anytime soon. ‘But.. You know Im together with Jongh-’

Shinkyung cut her off and lazily looked at her. ‘So?’

‘S-so? You’re my best friend, how could you do this to me?’ Reina could felt her tears b.

Shinkyung smirked ‘You like to share everything with me don’t you? So what is it now that you share your boyfriend with me? Besides, for your information, I don’t really like you. I just like to take things away from you.’

‘Mwoh?!’ Reina felt hurt and betrayed upon hearing her words.

Shinkyung took a step forward and brush away the imaginary dust on her shoulder. ‘Now now, don’t act innocent. You’re not really sharing with me anyway. You always give me things that you didn’t want or need didn’t you? Taking me as your trash bin, taking in all the things that you didn’t want. Its just that you didn’t want to say it only isn’t it?’

‘I-I didn’t’ Reina shook her head, she felt like breaking down now. She treated Shinkyung like her best friend, or probably even more, like her own sister. All those things that she had given her or shared with her were really from the bottom of her heart.

‘Cut it out. It doesn’t really matter to me anyway.’ Shinkyung waved it away like it was nothing. ‘Jonghwan, you wanna say anything to her?’

Reina looked at Jonghwan. She could felt the pain of many knifes piercing through her heart. She felt so betrayed. She thought he liked her too. ‘Im sorry..’ Jonghwan didn’t say anything more and left with Shinkyung. Reina watched as her best friend left together with her boyfriend that day and that was the last day she had ever made any friend.

----------End of Flashback------

Reina finished the story. She didn’t even realise that she hadnt once picked up the sound of the thunders outside. She was too hurt to even notice it. ‘Ah Im tired. The rain should have stopped right? I didn’t hear any sound of the rain. Im going to bed now. Lock the door when you leave’ Reina ran up the stairs before Sehun could see her tears.

Sehun just sat there and quietly watched as Reina ran up the stairs. He stood up and was about to leave when he saw the droplets of water on the floor trailing up the stairs. *She cried* Sehun wanted to go up to her room but he decided against it. He took a look at her room one last time before he walked out of the house.