Chapter 52

Opposites

 

When Reina walked out of the school gate, Top was already there leaning against his red convertible. Top stepped aside and opened the door up for her. ‘Last time’ Reina gave Top a look before she entered the car.

‘Arasso arasso, you don’t have to remind me.’ Top closed the door before walking towards the driver seat. He spotted Sehun by the gate and gave him a smirk and small wave before entering the car.

Sehun clenched his fist and watched as they drove away. ‘Oh there goes your friend’ Chanyeol pointed it out. Sehun just walked away without taking a second look. Kai slung his hand over Sehun’s shoulder ‘Angry? Or is it jealous?’ he teased.

Sehun shrugged Kai’s hand off his shoulder ‘None of the above’

Kai nodded to himself.  ‘Interesting’

‘Whats interesting?’ D.O popped out of nowhere.

‘Aissh hyung! you scare me!’ Kai punched D.O’s shoulder.

D.O laughed ‘Did you pee on your pants?’ he lightly joked, Baekhyun laughed along with him. Kai rolled his eyes at them.

‘Can you guys hurry? Im hungry’ Sehun growled.

Chanyeol jumped at the sudden yell and looked at Suho while pointing towards Sehun ‘Whats wrong with him?’ Suho just good-naturally laughed and patted Chanyeol’s back with a shrug ‘Hurry before the maknae yelled again’

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Top stopped in front of the hotel. He got out of the car and quickly went over the otherside to open the door for Reina. ‘Hotel again? Don’t you rich people have anywhere else to go for a date?’ Reina sighed as she walked out of the car.

Top laughed at her comment ‘Well this is how us rich people live’ he closed the door and threw the key towards the valet before leading Reina in.

Top placed his hand on her waist and led her inside the restaurant. The waiter was about to pull the chair out for Reina but Top stopped him and do it himself instead. Reina looked around the restaurant. Strangely, there wasn’t any single person inside the restaurant. ‘Why isn’t there anyone here?’ Reina asked as she looked at Top who sat next to her.

‘Because I booked the whole restaurant’ Top replied nonchalantly.

Reina shook her head and clucked her tongue.'Rich people and their money..' Top chuckled and clapped his hand. The next moment Reina knew, the waiters came out with dishes in hand.

Surprised, Reina looked at Top, ‘Arent we waiting for your date to come first?’

‘She’s here already’ Top replied.

Confused, Reina looked around. She frowned when she couldn’t see anyone. ‘Where?’ Reina turned around to look at Top.

‘Here’ Top said as he held a bouquet of white roses out.

 Reina’s eyes widened when she finally understood what Top was talking about. ‘You kidding me..’

‘I wasn’t. You’re my date today’ Top said and motioned for her to take the rose.

‘Top..’ Reina spoke. Top placed the roses in her hand and picked up the utensils by the side ‘Lets eat first huh? The food is getting cold’ Top didn’t give Reina a chance to talk.

Reina heaved a sigh and quietly ate the food. ‘Nice huh?’ Top asked. Reina just nodded.

After half an hour, desserts were served. Instead of eating her dessert Reina looked at Top and spoke ‘Top,’

‘Let me talk first?’ Top seriously spoke for the first time.

‘Arasso’ Reina replied, feeling slightly uneasy.

Top stared intensely in Reina’s eyes before he spoke ‘Im in love with you’ Top said.

Reina stiffened in her seat. Not knowing what to do, she laughed it off ‘You’re still playing around with me at this time?’ Reina lightly slapped Top’s arm.

Top grabbed her hand and looked into her eyes. For once, Reina couldn’t see any mischief in his eyes. ‘Im serious Reina. I’ve never wanted anything that badly in my life. You’re the first. The first one to show me the world outside the rich can be simple yet fun. I really like you, be my girlfriend will you?’

Top watched as Reina looked away from his eyes and gently took her hand out of his, ‘Im sorry Top, I.. I’

‘Its him isn’t it? You’re in love with him’ Top finished it for her. Reina’s eyes instantly flicked up when she heard Top’s words.

Top knew he was right upon seeing Reina’s expression. He felt his heart sank knowing the truth although he had expected it. He had known it all along. The way Reina looked at Sehun, the way she talks about Sehun almost everytime whenever she was with him. The evidence was always in front of him yet he refuse to acknowledge it.

‘Im sorry’ Reina lowered her head.  

Top let out a chuckled, Reina looked up confused. ‘I cant believe there would actually be a day where I find someone I like and confess to her.’ Reina lowered her head in guilt again.

Top patted her head ‘Although it wasn’t the result I wanted but its okay. Don’t feel guilty. The you like this isn’t any fun at all. Cheer up.’ Top pinched both sides of Reina’s cheek and stretch them into a smile.

‘Ouch..’ Reina slapped his hand away. Top raised his brow ‘Did you just slap my hand away? You hurt my heart just now, and now you’re hurting my hand?’ Top placed his hand on his chest where his heart was and feign pain.

Reina rolled her eyes at him ‘Can you don’t be so dramatic?’

Top chuckled and ruffled Reina’s hair ‘Looks like my tokki is back’

Reina pushed his hand away and fixed her hair ‘Aissh, my hair is messy now’ Reina complained. Top laughed and helped her fixed her hair back. ‘But does he know?’ Top asked as he fixed her hair.

‘We’re together now’ Reina replied. Top nodded ‘Good. Tell me if he bully you, your Tabi will back you up.’

Reina nodded and smiled gratefully ‘Arasso’