Chapter 12

Opposites

 

‘Here’ Reina hand over the cup of water to Sehun. She followed Sehun’s gaze and quietly looked at the big photoframe hung in front of them.

‘This is the last photo we took together. It was on Christmas eve when we went Jeju.’ Reina quietly spoke. Sehun turned around and watched Reina. She didn’t look the same anymore, not the usual crazy, weird and noisy Reina he thought she was. Instead Reina looked fragile.

‘Why?’ Sehun asked without thinking and he instantly regretted.

‘They died. That year, that day. An accident that only I survived.’ Reina quietly replied. She turned away when she felt her tears about to fall.

‘Im sorry.’ Sehun spoke, he felt bad as he looked at her back.

Reina wiped the fallen tear away and turned back with a smile ‘Its okay. It’s all in the past now. Besides you’re my chingu, you’re bound to know anyway.’

He looked around the house, ‘you’re staying alone now?’

Reina nodded ‘Yeah. Great huh? A house all to myself’ Reina made an attempt to joke.

‘How?’ Sehun asked.

Reina looked back at the photo frame ‘It was as if they knew what would happen. After they died, I was told that they left everything for me. The house was in my name, they left money enough for me to survive up till after college. I was put under my aunt’s care after my parents died but because of her work, she had to stay overseas.’

Reina watched as Sehun just nodded. ‘Arent you going to ask me how my parents died?’ Reina chuckled.

Sehun looked straight into Reina’s eyes. For once, he wasn’t glaring at her. ‘You can tell me when you want to’ Reina stopped when she heard what Sehun said. Even though Sehun didn’t say anything caring, somehow, Reina’s heart felt warm and comforted. *I was right about you being my friend* Reina smiled, forgetting the pain of losing her parents.

Sehun looked at the time, it was almost approaching dinner. He hadnt realised he had been out all day with her until now. ‘I gotta go.’ Sehun placed the cup of water on the table and headed towards the door. Reina swiftly followed behind. ‘Thank you chingu!’ Reina waved as she watched Sehun walked out of the house. Sehun didn’t turn back, he just lazily waved his hand in the air as he walked out of the gate. ‘Really really thank you..’ Reina watched as Sehun walked out of the gate and towards the street.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, the moment Chanyeol saw Sehun, he went up and headlock him. ‘Yah, what are you doing early in the morning hyung!’ Sehun slapped Chanyeol’s hand and tried to get out of it. Exo-K just stoodby and watched. ‘Arent you all going to help me?! Kai!’ Sehun fidgeted from below Chanyeol. Kai just chuckled ‘No buddy.’

‘Where did you go yesterday? From what I know, you shouldn’t be busy yesterday’ Chanyeol tightened his hold on Sehun.

‘How would you know whether Im busy or not. Let go of me hyung!’ Sehun struggled.

‘No way, until you’re telling me the truth’ Chanyeol grinned down at his dongsaeng.

In the midst of their quarrelling, Reina walked passed. She spotted Sehun and waved ‘Annyeong Chingu!’ Exo-K turned towards the voice.

Sehun took advantage of the situation and nudged Chanyeol hard on his ribcage. ‘Ouch!’ Chanyeol immediately released Sehun.

‘That hurts you punk!’ Chanyeol punched Sehun on his arm.

‘You’re the one that tries to kill me’ Sehun lightly pushed Chanyeol before he turned to Reina and nodded at her.

The bell for lesson rang. Reina quickly scurried off after a wave. ‘I’ll get you back during lunch’ Chanyeol jokingly threatened before going off with Baekhyun.

Suho and D.O waved before heading towards their class too. Kai slung his arms over Sehun’s shoulder and mischievously eyed him. ‘What?’ Sehun looked backed at Kai. ‘You just nodded back to her. Are you acknowledging her presence now? You’re accepting her as your friend aren’t you?’ Kai wiggled his brow.

Sehun just rolled his eyes. ‘You’re wasting my time just because of this question? We’re going to be late if we don’t hurry. I don’t know about you but I don’t want to be late’ Sehun shrugged Kai’s arm off his shoulder.

‘Yah wait for me!’ Kai hurried after Sehun.

Sehun stopped in his track halfway. ‘Whats wrong?’ Kai asked then stopped as well when he noticed a girl in front of them. Kai quietly watched the girl while Sehun narrowed his eyes at the girl.

‘Annyeonghasayo’ Kai watched the girl bowed at Sehun.

Kai then watched Sehun who didn’t walk away nor speak a single word. ‘We meet again didn’t we? You still remember me right?’

‘What are you doing here?’ Sehun said, his words came out hostile towards Shinkyung. Even he, himself was surprised.

Shinkyung smiled ‘I just transferred. Please take care of me’ she bowed again before she left.

Sehun watched as Shinkyung left. He didn’t move until she had disappeared from his sight. ‘Who is she?’ Kai looked at the end that Shinkyung had just disappeared to.

‘No idea’ Sehun gave an short replied.

‘Mwoh?’ Kai couldn’t believe his ear.

‘Im speaking the truth. Come on, lets go. We’re late.’ Sehun tugged Kai along as they rushed for their class.

On the other hand, Reina had just sat down on her chair after greeting her teacher when there was a knock on the door. ‘Come in’ The teacher said. Reina felt her heart stopped the moment she watched Shinkyung came in. ‘Annyeonghasayo, Shinkyung imnida’ Shinkyung bowed. She spotted Reina and gave her a smirk before she looked at the rest of the classmate and said ‘Please take care of me’

‘Alright, now please take the empty seat over there’ The teacher pointed a seat at the back.

‘Neh’ Shinkyung bowed before walking towards the seat.

Reina watched as Shinkyung walked passed her towards her seat. A small piece of paper was dropped onto Reina's table.

Reina opened it up and inside it wrote

 I’m back for you Reina, aren’t you happy? :)