Chapter 45

Opposites

 

‘Ouch! Sehun whats wron-’ Reina stopped as Sehun leaned closer to her. Reina’s eyes widened at their closeness, she didn’t know what to do. Sehun was glaring at her in anger. It was the same look he had gave Shinkyung when they were in the changing room.

‘Are you going to say yes?’ Sehun questioned.

Reina lightly pushed Sehun back ‘What are you talking about?’ she looked at him, clearly not understanding what he was talking about.

‘What am I talking about? Im talking about the confession!’ Sehun’s tone came out harder than he expected.

‘What confession?’ Reina asked then realised what Sehun was talking about. ‘Oh, Tabi was just joking’

‘Joking? What if it was real?’  Sehun asked.

‘Then I would-’ Reina was about to reply when she stopped. She looked at Sehun ‘Whats wrong with you?’

‘Just answer me’ Sehun demandingly said.

‘Why should I answer your question? You appear out of nowhere and rudely pushed me against a wall and now you demand an answer from me, aren’t you ridiculous?’ Reina shot back. She was starting to be annoyed by Sehun’s abrupt behavior.

Sehun slammed his hand next to the wall beside Reina ‘Just answer me’ he insisted.

‘My answer has nothing to do with you has it?’ Reina asked as she looked straight into his eyes. It was as if she was challenging him.  

‘What if it does?’ Sehun asked back, his tone wasn’t as cold and hard as it was before.

Reina watched as Sehun’s eyes slightly softened. ‘Mwoh?’ Reina couldn’t understand what was going on. Sehun didn’t bother to answer and kissed her right on her lip instead.

Reina’s eyes widened at the sudden kiss. She was about to close her eyes and kiss him back when she realize what she was about to do. *What is he doing?!* Reina pushed Sehun away but he didn’t budge a single bit. Reina tried to push Sehun a little harder and he broke the kiss. ‘What are you doing? Arent you-’ Reina asked motified.

‘I was never gay Reina. You’re the one that misunderstood it all along’ Sehun replied.

‘Then you-Kai’ Reina stuttered, totally lost at the new information.

‘I was never in love with him’ Sehun calmly spoke.

‘You were never in love with Kai?’ Reina asked again.

‘Never’ Sehun didn’t even hesitate a second. For a split second, Reina felt hopeful but then she realize something ‘Wait, you knew I thought you were gay all along?’ Sehun froze in his place.

Reina knew she was right the moment she looked at his eyes. ‘Then why didn’t you tell me when you knew what I was thinking all along?’ Reina asked, hoping that it wasn’t what she thought it was.

*Because I wanted to stay by your side* yet Sehun didn’t reply. He just look away.

*I’ve been treated like a fool all along* Reina fake a laugh as she took a step back.‘I must be that fun to play with huh?’ 

‘Reina’ Sehun called and took a step forward but Reina held out her hand ‘No, stop. I need some time alone, don’t come near me’ With that Reina spun around and walked away.

‘Aissh!’ Sehun punched the wall out in frustration while Reina walked further and further away from him.

Top worriedly approached Reina when he felt something wrong. ‘Are you okay?’ Top asked.

Reina shook her head ‘Im sorry Tabi, Im not feeling well. Can I leave first?’

‘Alright, lets go. I’ll go get my car’ Top was about to take another step towards the exit when Reina stopped him ‘Its okay, I’ll leave by myself. You should stay, the party just started.’

‘It doesn’t matter to me, lets go’ Top took Reina’s hand and led her out of the ballroom.

The valet drove Top’s car out the moment they stepped out of the ballroom. Top opened his car door for Reina and went over to the other side of the car. The way home was quiet, Reina was staring into space while Top drove the car. He had so many questions to ask but Reina didn’t look like she would want to answer his question at anytime.

‘We’re here’ Top stopped in front of her house.

‘Reina?’ Top waved his hand in front of her.

Reina finally snapped out of her thought and gave a weak smile. ‘Oh thank you. Im sorry for tonight’ Reina apologized, feeling guilty that he had to leave because of her.

Top let out a small chuckled and patted her head ‘Don’t worry. You okay? Do you want me to accompany you?’

Reina shook her head ‘Im fine. See you’ she stepped out of the car and gave a little wave before heading into the house. Top took one last look at Reina before he drove away.

Reina went into the house and headed straight up her room. She sat on her bed and hugged onto her pillow. Emotions welled up in her heart, she didn’t know which one she should feel. She was confused, she was relief. She was relief Sehun wasn't gay but she felt cheated for not knowing all these while.

*What am I to you Oh Sehun?* her heart still raced upon remembering his confession yet her mind was telling her she was being played all along. ‘Ah!!!!!!!!!!! I don’t care anymore!’ Reina lay down on her bed, refusing to think about anything that has to do with him.

On the other side, D.O saw Sehun by the corner and approached him. ‘Yah, where did you go? We were searching everywhere for you’

‘Whats wrong?’ D.O asked again see how the atmosphere around Sehun had changed.

‘Tell them Im leaving’ Sehun spoke.  ‘Mwoh?! Yah where are you going? The party just started! Yah!’ D.O called out but Sehun just walked away without another word.