Chapter 44

Opposites

 

Top stopped his car in front of a mansion. Reina waited in the car while Top got out and went over to her side before the valet opened the door for Reina. ‘I’ll do it’ Top told the valet before he smiled cheekily as he opened the door for Reina.

‘My lady’ Top held out his hand and slightly bowed playfully. Reina chuckled then placed her hand on his palm.

Top threw the car key to the valet before he took Reina’s hand and they walked into the mansion. Reina slightly tensed seeing how beautifully everyone dressed. *Omo, what kind of party is this?*

Top noticed how Reina stiffened beside him and placed his hand on top of hers ‘Relax, they wont bite, its just a party’ Reina just nodded.

‘Seunghyun’ Reina watched as a middle-aged woman approached them. The woman stopped in front of them and knocked onto Top’s head. ‘Why didn’t you fetch Park’s cooperation’s daughter like I told you to?’

‘Ouch! Omma! Do you have to embarrass me in front of my date?’ Top complained.

‘Date?’ Reina watched as Top’s mom turned around and looked at her. Reina dare not looked into her eyes, afraid that his mom would criticised her like all rich woman in the drama do.

‘Oh hello, Im Seunghyun’s omma. Your name?’ Top’s mom held out her hand. Reina just stare at her, slightly taken aback by her.

Top’s mom just chuckled before patting her head. ‘I scare you huh? Don’t worry, I don’t bite.’ She said.

Reina just nodded and warily shook her hand ‘Reina’

Top’s mom smiled kindly at Reina ‘Nice to meet you Reina’ before she turned to Top again and knocked on his head ‘You should have told me if you’re bringing a lady with you. I was still worried about you ditching the party.’

‘Omma!’ Top glared at her. Top’s mom chuckled ‘Arasso arasso, I’ll leave the two of you alone. Enjoy’ she knocked onto Top’s head again before she chuckled and left.

Reina let out a small chuckled. ‘what are you laughing at?’ Top raised his brow and looked at her.

‘Nothing’ Reina replied but laughed again.

Top narrowed his eyes at her, ‘You’re laughing at me aren’t you? Arasso, I’ll make you laugh all you want.’ Top began tickling Reina’s sides.

Reina chuckled then attempt to stop Top. ‘Stop it, its tickling’

‘Are you still going to laugh at me?’ Top asked.

‘I surrender! Im sorry, I wont laugh at you again. Stop tabi!’ Reina managed to say in between her laughters.

On the other side of the ballroom, Sehun was watching their every single move. He clenched his fist as he watched how the both of them interact. ‘I thought you say you didn’t want to attend this party?’ Suho asked as he took a sipped on his fruit punch.

‘Yeah, I thought you always dislike this kind of party?’ D.O placed his hand over his shoulder.

Sehun shrugged D.O’s hand off his shoulder. ‘I changed my mind’

Kai followed Sehun’s gaze and noticed Reina from afar with Top. ‘Its because of her isn’t it? Speaking of which, she’s so pretty I could barely recognized her if not for the person beside her.’ Kai whispered in Sehun’s ear.

‘Who say I was here for her?’ Sehun denied.

Kai smirked ‘Continue to lie to yourself Sehun. Just don’t regret when she could never be yours anymore’ Kai patted Sehun’s shoulder before he wondered off.

Top had only entered the ballroom for 10 minutes but girls were already flocking around him. ‘Oppa’ Reina watched as another girl approached him. ‘Oppa, shall we go get some drinks?’ the girl placed her hand around Top’s arm, totally ignoring Reina’s presence.

Top lightly brushed the lady’s hand away ‘Im sorry but I have a date here, I’ll appreciate if you don’t disturb us’ Top left the moment he finished his sentence. He didn’t even gave the girl a second look when he walked away with Reina.

‘Are you sure its okay to do that?’ Reina whispered to Top.

Top chuckled before whispering back to her ‘That’s the reason why I brought you here. They’re annoying and I cant escape from this party’ he winked.

Reina clucked her tongue at Top’s reply. ‘You’re always using me as your shield against other girls. What am I? You personal shield?’

Top chuckled then leaned in close to her face. Reina blinked at the closeness. ‘What do you think?’ Top raised his brow and looked at her. ‘Or do you want to make it real? I could declare you as my girlfriend straight away if you like’ his eyes sparkling with mischef.

Reina shook her head then pushed Top’s forehead back and clucked her tongue at him ‘Right, Im not going to be cheated by you’

‘But what if Im serious?’ Top asked, there was no more teasing in his eyes.

Right before Reina could reply, someone pulled her away. Reina turned to see Sehun pulling her away. ‘Sehun?’ Reina called out surprised. She didn’t expect to see him here at the party.

Top swiftly blocked Sehun’s way ‘Where do you think you’re taking my date to? Shouldn’t you ask permission before you take her away?’ Top glared at Sehun’s abrupt action.

Sehun didn’t bother to reply Top, he turned and looked at Reina instead. ‘Sorry Tabi, I’ll be back’ Reina said.

Sehun turned around and smirked at Top, ‘Can we go now?’ Wordless, Top stepped aside and let them passed by.

‘Slow down Sehun’ Reina called out but Sehun wasn’t listening. He was dragging her across the ballroom without a care. *Whats wrong with him?* Reina frowned, her hand was beginning to hurt because of the strength Sehun applied while dragging her along with him.

‘Sehun’ Reina called out again but Sehun just slammed her into the wall.

‘Ouch! Sehun whats wron-’ Reina stopped as Sehun leaned closer to her. Reina’s eyes widened at their closeness, she didn’t know what to do. Sehun was glaring at her in anger. It was the same look he gave Shinkyung when they were in the changing room.