The Worst Nightmare

The Little Blond Boy
Please log in to read the full chapter

Key whispered comforting words into his seven year old son's ear as he held Taemin close. Taemin sobbed into his umma's shoulders, crying his eyes out. Key looked at the clock, sighing to himself when he saw that it read 3:44 AM. Minho came back into Taemin's room from the kitchen, a bottle of banana milk held in his hand.

"It's okay, baby. It was just a bad dream." Key cooed, leaning against the headboard of his son's bed as he smoothed back the boy's hair.

"If you tell umma and appa about it, it might help you feel better." Minho offered the milk to the boy, but Taemin shook his head.

"Y-You and u-umma weren't m-my umma and a-appa." Taemin let out a sob, "Y-You didn't a-adopt me and you didn't w-want me."

Key held back his own tears at the sound of his son's heartbreaking sobs. They wracked the little boy's whole body, and Key held him closer at the mention of what his nightmare was about.

Taemin's breaths came in fast and erratic, "You s-said I was a m-mist-ake and that y-you didn't wa-nt me."

Minho sat down next to the two, hugging his son as best he could while he sat in Key's grasp, "Baby, it was just a bad dream. Umma and appa love you very much, and you are not a mistake. We're so glad we adopted you, Taemin."

Taemin let out another sob, his head hurting from all of the crying. "Just breathe, baby." Key soothed, running his fingers through Taemin's hair.

It broke both Key and Minho's heart to

Please log in to read the full chapter