Happy Anniversary

The Little Blond Boy
Please log in to read the full chapter

Taemin fumbled nervously with his bow tie as he was about to go on stage. The seventeen year old had a duet with Yiruma tonight, and for some reason he was extremely nervous about it. Yiruma chuckled as he came up to Taemin, swatting his hands away to fix his bow tie. The action comforted Taemin, reminding him of his first show with Yiruma.

"Thanks," Taemin mumbled, letting out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

"No problem, peanut. Now come on, people are expecting us." Yiruma chuckled, putting a hand on the boy's back as they walked out on stage.

People clapped and cheered, but Taemin heard none of it. He focused solely on the piano that he and his mentor would sit at, playing a duet of River Flows in You. It had always been Taemin's favorite song to play on the piano, and now he got to play it with the man who wrote it. Sometimes Taemin wondered about his good fortune.

The two sat down, and the music started playing. Taemin smiled lightly while playing, the whole audience seeming to disappear while he played. He became absorbed in the music, in the tone, in everything. He played like it was his first and last show. The music flowed through his veins, and a content smile washed itself onto his face. He sighed lightly, closing his eyes for a moment while he listened. That was why he loved playing the piano; the sounds could be soft and beautiful, or loud and impressive. He loved making music, and he loved playing for others. But he couldn't wait until he was able to open his own shop, teaching children how to play. He wanted to see the joy on their faces when they learned a new song, or perfected their scales. He wanted to bring music to the world.

And as the song ended, he was almost sad. However, the proud look he received from his mentor was worth the music ending, and the two stood up, bowing to the crowd. When they straightened up, though, Taemin's eyes widened in shock.

There, out in the front rows of the audience, stood his family, his loved ones, his friends. Taemin took his a shaky breath, a grin spreading across his lips. He laughed a little, Yiruma clapping his shoulder. Taemin looked at the man, grinned, and turned back to the audience. He bowed deeply, tears gathering in his eyes as he thought of everyone being there for him, cheering for him, clapping, supporting him. Loving him.

When he straightened up, Yiruma pulled him into a hug and whispering, "Happy anniversary, peanut."

Taemin hugged him back, laughing to himself when he realized this was the anniversary of his first show. A microphone was handed to him,

Please log in to read the full chapter