What Could Have Been

The Little Blond Boy
Please log in to read the full chapter

She was fourteen, and she was going to have a baby. A baby boy, to be exact, and his name was going to be Lee Taemin. Her exboyfriend wanted nothing to do with the baby, as he was going to move back to America soon after little Taemin was going to be born. Her parents said they wouldn't help her raise the baby, and she was too young to get a job, so she only had one option left: give her baby up.

She grew depressed whenever she thought about it. She had grown so attached to the baby boy, and she could swear her baby knew when she felt happy, or sad. Her mother could see how much the thought of giving up the baby was taking a toll on her daughter, so she talked with her husband. They agreed that, if their daughter worked at the tea house they owned, they would help her raise the baby.

The only time she was happier was the moment her son was born. On July 18th, at 9:23 p.m.

_____________

It had been hard, being a high school student, a mother, and having a job all at the same time, but it was worth it to see her baby every day. To hear him say his first word, which was umma. To see him take his first steps, his first smile, everything. And when he had been two, he was a very curious little thing.

"Mommy, mommy, mommy!" He came running at her, giggling. She was teaching him English, as he was very curious while she did her homework, and he took an interest in the other language.

"Taemin, Taemin, Taemin!" She laughed, picking him up and swinging him around.

He squealed, wrapping his little arms around her neck. "I made cookies with halmeoni today! Do you want one, mommy?"

"Neh, mommy would love one!" She rubbed her nose with his, and he giggled, kissing her cheek.

"I made them just for you, mommy!" He wiggled out of her hold, grabbing one of her arms and dragging her into the kitchen.

She followed him into the kitchen, picking him up and placing him on the counter. She grabbed two cups out of the cabinet and poured milk into them, bringing them over to her son. She got two cookies, handing one of them to Taemin.

She smiled when he started munching on it, and she ran her fingers through his beautiful hair. They finished their milk and cookies, and she took him into his room for a nap.

She placed him in his crib, which he always hated going into, claiming that big boys don't sleep in cribs. He yawned, grabbing his blankey, and snuggling with the teddy bear his appa got him when he w

Please log in to read the full chapter