The Second Ending

The Little Blond Boy
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Taemin. Taemin-ah, it’s time to go home.” Taemin groaned as he hear his appa’s voice. Taemin sat up at his desk, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. He groggily opened his eyes, seeing his Kindergarten classroom. He looked up, seeing his appa and Kai standing in front of him.

Taemin squinted his eyes, confused. Why was he five again?

“Come on, Taeminnie, it’s time to go home.” Minho chuckled at his son, helping him stand up.

“Appa?” Taemin tilted his head, confused. Why wasn’t he twenty two anymore?

“What’s wrong, Taeminnie?” Minho chuckled again.

“You’re my appa, right?” Taemin rubbed his eyes again. Why did his head hurt?

“Taemin, did you hit your head or something?” Minho looked concern.

“Taeminnie got hit in the head with a ball at lunch today!” Kai supplied.

“Taemin! Why didn’t you tell appa?” Minho put his hands on the little boy’s shoulders, checking the boy’s head to make sure he was okay.

“The nurse lady said he was fine!” Kai smiled.

“Appa,” Taemin put his arms up for his appa to hold him. He felt sad and scared, and he didn’t know what was a dream and what was real.

“It’s okay, baby.” Minho smiled, holding the boy at his hip.

Taemin laid his head on his appa’s shoulder, “How long have you been my appa?”

“Taemin, you’re starting to scare me.” Minho looked very concerned, but sighed when his son looked at him with pleading eyes, “Umma and I adopted you when you were just born, Taeminnie. You know that.”

Minho brought him to his desk, where he had pictures of his little family. He sat down on his chair, setting Taemin on his lap.

“See these, baby? It’s pictures of us. See that one? That’s the day you were born, monkey.” Minho smiled, kissing the top of the boy’s head.

Taemin smiled at the picture of him as a baby, his umma holding him close and his appa standing right next to them. There was also a picture of him in a high chair, a cupcake with chocolate frosting and a single candle in it. A picture of his umma back hugging him when he was about two was next to that one, and next to that looked to be a Christmas card picture from maybe a year ago. And in the middle stood a picture of his umma and appa, and it looked like a wedding picture.

The two waved as Kai left with his umma, Taemin turning around and grinning at his appa.

“Appa, I had a really long dream.” Taemin smiled at his appa.

Minho chuckled, “Tell me about it, kiddo.”

“Well, first you adopted me from an orphanage. And then I met uncle Jjongie and Onew and then uncle Siwon and Ren and Luna, and then you taught me how to swim, and, and, and then a lot happened and I don’t really remember what happened when I was s’posed to be in high school, but then I went to university with Kai and then Kai proposed to me!” Taemin grinned.

Minho chuckled, “That last one must be because your umma told you last night how appa proposed to him.”

Taemin tilted his head, wondering, “How did you propose to umma?”

“Umma already told you, baby.” Minho smiled.

“I know, but I want you to tell me!” Taemin smiled, w

Please log in to read the full chapter