The Doctor's Office

The Little Blond Boy
Please log in to read the full chapter

Minho held on to his little boy as they sat in the waiting room of the doctor's office. The five year old turned around, facing his appa.

"Why are we at the doctor's, appa? I'm not sick." Taemin shook his head as if to emphasize his lack of an illness.

Minho chuckled, petting his blond hair. "You're here for a checkup, Taeminnie. It's to make sure that you're growing well and that you won't get sick."

Taemin's opened his mouth wide, nodding his head. "Oh, okay! Can I go play with the train set, appa?" Taemin pointed at the train set that sat in the middle of the room.

"Absolutely not! There are tons of sickly little monsters running around here; you are not touching anything they touch!" Key made a disgusted face, petting the boy's hair.

Taemin pouted, looking at the trains longingly. Minho sighed, bouncing the boy that sat on his lap lightly, "We can go to uncle Siwon's later, and you can play with Ren and his train set."

Taemin nodded, "Okay, appa."

"Choi Taemin." They heard a nurse call, and the three of them went to the door connecting to the rest of the office.

"He'll be in room five." The young woman smiled at them, and they nodded. They walked down the hall, Minho holding Taemin at his hip.

Once they got into the room, Minho put Taemin down on the examining bed. "I think you'll like your new doctor, Taeminnie. She's very nice."

Taemin bit his lip, looking at his umma. Key nodded in agreement, "Neh, aegi. She'll treat you very well."

Taemin pouted, his lower lip shaking. "I don't wanna, appa."

Minho's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "You don't wanna what, Taeminnie?"

Minho picked the boy back up, cradling him close. "I wanna go home."

Taemin buried his face in his appa's neck. Minho sighed, having already prepared for this situation.

"Doctor Shin is just going to give you a check up, Taeminnie. There's nothing to be scared of."

Just then, Doctor Shin walked in. She smiled when she saw her newest patient and his parents, walking over and introducing herself.

"Hello, you must be Taemin. I'm Doctor Shin." She smiled softly at the little boy, who peeked his head out to look at her.

"H-Hi." Taemin sniffled, and

Please log in to read the full chapter