Bye-Bye, Grandpa

The Little Blond Boy
Please log in to read the full chapter

Minho and Taemin had just arrived home from school. The eight year old skipped happily into the living room to find his umma, a picture he painted in art held in his hands. He walked into the living room, ready to show his umma the picture he painted for him.

"Umma~ I made you a picture today!" He stopped when he saw his umma sitting on the couch, crying.

"Mommy, what's wrong?" Taemin climbed on the couch, sitting on his knees next to his umma and hugging his neck, wiping Key's cheek gently with his hand. "Don't cry, mommy. It's okay."

Key smiled at his son's actions, and held him close. He the soft, blonde hair, and rested his head on top of Taemin's.

"Aegi, something really sad happened today, and you'll be sad, but it'll all be okay in the end, okay?" Taemin didn't really know what his umma was talking about, but he nodded anyways.

Key picked the little boy up, having him sit on his lap. "Taeminnie, you know how people go to heaven and become angels?"

Taemin nodded, "Neh."

"Well, grandpa is up in heaven now. Grandpa was sick, and now he doesn't have to be in pain anymore." Key held back his tears, rubbing Taemin's back.

"Can we go see grandpa? I wanna see what an angel looks like!" Taemin was happy, now his grandpa wasn't sick anymore, and he could fly! Angels had wings, right?

Key bit his lip, unsure of how to explain death to his son. "Taeminnie, you can't see angels. They're up in heaven."

Taemin pouted, "I can't see grandpa anymore? Not even just for a little bit?"

Key shook his head, "Aniyo, baby. We can't see grandpa anymore."

Taemin's lip trembled, realizing what happened. "Grandpa died?"

Key nodded, choking back tears. "Neh, grandpa passed away this morning, while you and appa were at school."

Minho sat down on the couch with them, wrapping an arm around Key's shoulders. Taemin frowned, hopping off of the couch and grabbing his umma's hand, trying to pull him with him.

"Come on, mommy. We have to go see grandpa. He said he would say bye before he left. We have to go see grandpa!" He tugged on his umma's hand, not wanting to believe that his grandpa died. He saw him just the other day! He knew grandpa was sick, but he couldn't die yet. Right?

"Baby, grandpa won't be there." Taemin shook his head, letting out a sob.

"I wanna go see grandpa!" The little boy started crying, and Key picked him up, putting him back on his lap. Key rubbed his back, and Minho t

Please log in to read the full chapter