Quality Time

The Little Blond Boy
Please log in to read the full chapter

Taemin was six, and today he and his appa were going to spend the whole day together. Taemin was extremely excited, and he was bouncing around the house that morning, trying to get ready as fast as he could.

He woke up at seven o’ clock, and he immediately went to the bathroom. After brushing his teeth, he ran back into his room to pick out his clothes, even though his umma said he would help him. His umma wasn’t awake yet, and Taemin had to get ready so they could leave earlier!

He put on a blue striped, long-sleeved shirt and jeans. After that he went back into the bathroom to brush his hair, and then he ran into his parents’ room. He jumped on the bed, giggling and shaking his appa.

“Appa! Wake up~” He crawled close to his appa’s face, poking his nose.

“Appa~” He whispered, giggling.

“Aegi, go back to sleep.” His umma mumbled, rolling over.

Taemin pouted, poking his appa’s face again. “Daddy! Wake up! You said we’d spend the whole day together! Daddy!”

Minho mumbled something, opening his eyes and wrapping his son in a hug, pulling him on top of his chest. “I’m up, baby, I’m up.”

Taemin giggled, cupping his appa’s cheeks in his little hands. “It’s time to get up, daddy~”

“What time is it?” Minho’s words were muffled, Taemin squeezing his cheeks together.

Taemin turned his head, looking at the alarm clock on his appa’s nightstand. “7:23.”

Minho groaned, sitting up and holding the boy to his chest. “Okay, okay. Appa’s gotta get dressed though, aegi. Wake umma up, okay?”

Taemin nodded, and he bounced over to his umma while Minho went in the bathroom.

“Umma~ Wakey wakey~” He knew not to poke his umma, so he gently shook his shoulder.

“It’s too early, aegi.” Key groaned out, pulled the little boy on top of his chest like Minho had only moments ago.

Taemin giggled, resting his head on his umma’s shoulder. He could still smell his umma’s cologne, and he loved how comforting the scent was. He closed his eyes, hugging his umma’s neck.

Key opened his eyes a crack, smiling softly at the sight of the mop of blond hair covering his son’s face. He looked like a little angel while he was asleep - no, all the time. He hugged the boy tighter, snuggling with him. He put his nose on the little boy’s hair, and he took in his scent. He always smelled so…innocent. Like a baby, really.

Minho came back into the room, smiling at the sight of the two. He walked over, sitting on the edge of the bed. He laughed lightly, and the two looked at him. Taemin grinned, and Key just shook his head, smiling at the two.

Taemin crawled over to his appa, and Minho picked him up. “Are you ready to go, aegi?”

Taemin nodded, “Neh, appa!”

They said goodbye to Key, and Minho helped Taemin in the car. They went out to breakfast first, going to a little diner. They took a small booth by the window, and Minho could tell that the waitress thought his son was the cutest little thing.

Taemin ordered chocolate chip pancakes and milk, while Minho ordered french toast with coffee. Taemin was grinning the entire time, and Minho chuckled at how adorable his son was.

“Do you wanna try appa’s breakfast, Taeminnie?” Minho held out a forkful of syrup drizzled french toast, and Taemin nodded.

He took the bite, and hummed when he was chewing. He smiled, “That’s yummy, appa!”

He took a piece of his pancakes, and held it out to his appa, “Wanna try mine?”

Minho bit it, and he laughed lightly at Taemin’s proud face.

“What do you wanna do after this, Taeminnie? We can do whatever you want.” Minho smiled at his little boy, and Taemin scrunched his nose up, thinking.

“Can we go to the park, daddy?” Taemin smiled, taking a sip of his milk.

“Neh, do you wanna go to the one with the blue slide or the yellow one?” Minho smiled at the waitress when she brought the check.

“The yellow one, ‘cause no one ever goes there.” Taemin nodded, smiling at the thought of having the whole park to himself.

“The yellow one it is.” Minho

Please log in to read the full chapter