Homecoming

The Little Blond Boy
Please log in to read the full chapter

Taemin bit his lip when he went to get the boutonniere with his umma. When the woman came back to the counter with it, Key squealed.

"Aww Taemin, look! It's perfect!" The sixteen year old just smiled, and they thanked the woman before going back home.

"What else do we have to do before everyone comes over, umma?" Taemin asked, turning to look at Key as they pulled into the driveway.

"Well, we have to do your hair. And, if you let me, I wanna do your makeup~" Key grinned.

"I'm a boy." Taemin narrowed his eyes.

"I know, but please~ Just a little bit!" Key gave him the biggest puppy eyes he could manage.

Taemin sighed, "Fine."

Key cheered quietly, and ushered his son into the house. He brought the boy into his bathroom, bringing a chair in.

He plugged in the straightening iron, letting it heat up as he figured out what to do with the boy's hair. He brushed it out, grabbing a few bobby pins and hair ties. Key brushed out the top half, twisting it and pinning it up so he could straighten the bottom half.

When he was done with the bottom half, he undid the top, straightening that as well.

"Turn around." Key moved his son's chair, having Taemin face him.

He straightened his bangs as well, having them fall in front of his face. He turned him around again, putting the straightener down and he grabbed a couple bobby pins.

He brought up half of his hair, tying it and fluffing it a bit. He pulled Taemin's bangs back, having them bump a little while he pinned them back. Key redid it three times before he was satisfied, smiling at the finished product.

"Are you really gonna put makeup on me?" Taemin whined when his umma grabbed two of his makeup bags.

"Yes!" Key smiled, pulling out an eyeliner pen.

"Close your eyes." Taemin did as he was told, and Key worked his magic.

Some eyeliner, mascara, lip gloss, another redo on the hair, about half a bottle of hairspray, and twenty-five minutes later, Key grinned at his son.

"All done~" He turned the boy's chair so it was facing the mirror, and Taemin raised an eyebrow at how he looked.

"Do you like it?" Key grinned.

"Neh~" Taemin smiled at his umma.

"Great! Now go get changed, people will be here any minute!" Key ushered the boy into his room.

Taemin changed into his black suit, fumbling with the teal tie. His heart was pounding, nervous about his first high school dance. The Monster he had earlier probably not helping much, especially since his cousin, Ren, mixed some whiskey into it. He brushed his teeth for the third time that day, not wanting his breath to smell.

"Taemin, people are here~" Key called out, and Taemin checked his tie one last time before going outside.

Kai was there, as well as Baekhyun and Sehun. The others would be coming later.

________________

Kai and Taemin were both wearing teal ties, and their boutonnieres both had white roses with teal and silver ribbon. They took pictures in front of the fire place, laughing at each other when they didn't know how to put the boutonniere on.

"Ahh!" Kai laughed when h

Please log in to read the full chapter