Smoking

The Little Blond Boy
Please log in to read the full chapter

A sixteen year old Taemin was standing behind a shop with Kai and two of their friends, Baekhyun and Chanyeol, who were both a year older than them. The two were seniors, and they were just two of the people that Taemin and Kai hung out with. All of their friends were older than them, so they were a bit disappointed at the fact that their friends would be graduating this year.

Anyways, the four of them were standing behind a shop, and Chanyeol held out a pack of cigarettes to the two. The both took one cautiously, wondering where they even got the pack.

"Come on, kiddies, they're good. Here." Baekhyun chuckled, holding the lighter out for the two to stick their cigarettes in.

The two lit them, bringing them to their mouths like their hyungs did. Taemin coughed a little, and Kai's eyes watered. The two oldest laughed a little.

"Don't worry, you'll get used to it." Chanyeol clapped Taemin's back, and the younger smiled at his hyung.

"Is it better now?" Taemin nodded, bringing it back to his lips for another puff.

Kai was leaning against the wall, one leg bent to rest his foot against the wall as well. He brought the stick back to his lips, taking in a huff and blowing out a ring of smoke. The four laughed, and soon enough the four of them were talking about stuff like dancing and school.

"Honestly, you two are gonna die next year with Mr. Hwang. He's evil, I tell you, evil!" Baekhyun rolled his eyes at Chanyeol.

"Have you even started your essay for his class yet? It's due tomorrow."

Chanyeol grinned, taking another puff. "Of course not. I work best under pressure."

"Sounds more like senioritis, to me." Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

Chanyeol scoffed, "I've had senioritis since the fifth grade, loser."

Taemin and Kai grinned at their hyungs, loving the feeling of being rebels. Smoking wasn't that big of a deal, not really. But it sure felt cool.

"Hey, Taem, what time do you have to be home? Aren't your parents, like, super strict?" Baekhyun looked over at his blond dongsaeng, worry in his eyes. He didn't want his favorite dongsaeng to get in trouble because of him.

Taemin pouted, looking at his cell phone for the time, "In like, half an hour. And my house is fifteen minutes away."

Chanyeol groaned, "Ahh man. We gotta cut things short then. Hey, we'll bring a pack to school tomorrow, and we can all hang out in the bathroom on the third floor during lunch and just chill. Sound good?"

They all agreed, and Kai walked Taemin home after they put their cigarettes out on the ground.

____________

Taemin rushed into his bedroom, immediately shedding his clothes and taking a shower in his bathroom. He sprayed his stuff with cologne and hoped desperately that it would mask the scent of smoke.

He washed his hair thoroughly, not wanting any trace of smoke on him. He brushed his teeth three times, and rinsed with mouthwash before going back into his room to work on the last of his homework.

Key and Minho didn't suspect a thing, and Taemin felt liberated.

____________

They were in the bathroom on the third floor during lunch. It was Taemin, Kai, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo,and Suho. They were hanging out in the bathroom while everyone else was in the cafeteria eating. Taemin and Kai normally didn't join their four hyungs when they smoked, and this was actually the first time, so they were all excited.

Taemin was sitting on the counter where the sinks were, and the others were leaning against the walls and stalls. Each of them held a cigarette in their hands, bring it up to their lips and taking drags every so often while talking. Suho brought a thermos full of coffee, and they each took a gulp every now and again.

Unfortunately, none of them thought that they would be caught. But, of course, one of the janitors walked into the bathroom, and stopped when he spotted the six of them smoking. He glared at all of them, telling them to put those things out and not to move.

Chanyeol challenged the old man, saying it was impossible for them to put the cigarettes out i

Please log in to read the full chapter