Chapter 55: A hint of romance

Ms Author- Idol

“Why are you saying sorry?” Had my worst fears came true?

“I...” JaeJoong sighed deeply, shifting near to where I was, near the headboard. I swallowed hard, preparing my heart for the storm to come.

“I’m sorry,” He said again, making my heart sunk to the bottom.

“You’re going to take back your words, aren’t you?” I stared at him in horror.

“What are you talking about?” He frowned.

“What are you talking about?” I frowned back.

He let out a chuckle, realizing what I was talking about. I crossed my arms, it seemed like I missed something where. Were we even on the same page in the first place?

“Silly,” JaeJoong reached out and my hair. I really love it now. “I’m not going to abandon you after everything that happened at the press conference.”

“So, you’ll abandon me if the press conference didn’t happen?”

“No! Of course not! Why would I?” JaeJoong exclaimed, and then let out a sigh. “That’s what I’m sorry about.” I frowned, he continued. “I’m sorry to let you be such a state of confusion and leave you alone to face all that.”

“But you came,” I looked down, fidgeting with my fingers.

“I know, but it isn’t enough. Look,” JaeJoong’s hand shifted from my hair to cup my face. I gazed up at him. “That night, I was not confident of myself. I had to confirm your feelings first because I was afraid you would reject me.” I gave him a bewildered look.

“Why would anyone reject you?” He grinned at my words and I blushed, realising what I had said. Seriously, Kyung Me, stop embarrassing yourself.

“The point is,” He continued, now he reached out for my hands. “I’m sorry for being such a coward and thank you for telling me your true feelings.”

“So, you... meant what you said then?” I asked, still doubting the truth.

“Do you want some verification?” JaeJoong whispered as he leaned in towards me.

“No, thank you,” I turned away, feeling the heat on my cheeks burning.

“Anyway, now that we are a couple,” JaeJoong smiled, adjusting back to his original position. A couple? Dammit, JaeJoong, stop making me blush so hard! “Can you care to tell me the truth now?”

“What truth?” I was taken aback by the sudden change of topic.

“The truth about your secret and your relationship with Ms Baek,” JaeJoong

“No way!” I ducked under the covers, before he could say anything. “I’m sleeping. Goodnight!”

JaeJoong poked me under the blanket. I ignored. He did that a few more times, but I didn’t budge. When he finally stopped, I peek over the blanket. JaeJoong was lying down, sideways, his hands support his head and he stared at me with a smile.

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“I’m not leaving till you tell me.”

“No! Off the bed, off!” I pushed him away with all the strength i got in my hands. He didn’t even move an inch, still smiling.

“Off!” I tried again. JaeJoong grabbed my wrist in a swift movement, locking it with his strong hands. He then turned me around, my back facing him, stopping me from attacking him any further. My arms stayed crossed in front of my chest, locked safely in JaeJoong’s arms. I pouted, unable to do anything in this situation.

“You were saying?” JaeJoong’s voice coloured with mischievousness.

“Get off the bed,” I protested softly. He chuckled. I could feel the vibration against his chest.

“How about this?” JaeJoong pulled me tighter in his embrace, giving me a peck on my collar bone. My heart went wild! I was embarrassed by that as he could feel it too.

“Shut up,” I closed my eyes, giving up. This was just perfectly fine, actually.