Chapter 42: Release to Hoya’s suffering

Ms Author- Idol

 

“Oh!” I stared at the entrance of our building. It’s Hoya. JaeJoong stayed silent at my sudden exclamation. The car parked just in front of Hoya. We got out of the car, and I jogged towards Hoya.

“Oppa!”

“Kyung Me,” Hoya’s face lit up with a smile.

“What are you doing here?” I asked, Hero in my arms. JaeJoong stood awkwardly beside me as stuffed his hands in his pockets, looking all cool.

“To wait for you,” Hoya answered, smiling.

“Really? It’s so cold out here.” I asked him worriedly, unable to believe his actions.

“It’s alright,” Hoya smiled. JaeJoong took this time to clear his throat, announcing his presence.

“Ah, this is Hoya.” I introduced hoobae to sunbae.

“Annyeong hasehyo,” Hoya gave a ninety degree bow.

“Ah, annyeong, I’m JaeJoong.” JaeJoong introduced himself too.

“Thank you for taking care of Kyung Me,” Hoya greeted formally.

“Ah, it’s no problem at all,” JaeJoong gave a smile. His words were followed by one awkward silence. Joya was staring intently at JaeJoong as if he owed Hoya a million. I wondered why. However, I had to do something to break the silence.

“Oppa, do you mind helping me with Hero’s stuff?” I asked Hoya.

“Sure,” Hoya’s refocused on my face, smiling now. The three of us unloaded the boot of items, stacking it up by the roadside. I couldn’t move much, as I hugged Hero in my arms.

“Thank you JaeJoong,” I smiled.

“No problem, just get me if you run out of supplies,” JaeJoong ruffled my hair.

“We won’t need to trouble you, sunbae. I can go with her.” Hoya pulled me away from JaeJoong. I was definitely startled by his sudden aggressiveness.

“Sure,” JaeJoong answered hesitantly. “I’ll be off, then.”

“Annyeong,” I waved with my free hand. Hero gave a small bark as he watches JaeJoong get into the car. With a last wave, he drove off into the dark. Hoya lugged all the supplies, heading into the building. I followed Hoya silently, not knowing his source of anger.

We both remained silence till we reach my dorm. Hoya entered my room, placing all the items on the floor. I lay Hero on my bed, and he got comfortable himself.

“Thanks, Hoya,” I took off my coat, hanging it on the chair. Out of the blue, Hoya’s arms encircled my waist from the back. I stayed still, unable to react.

“Oppa?” I asked uncertainly, shock of his actions.

“Do you know how hard it is for me?” He whispered softly.

“What’s hard?”

“Hard for me to watch you not by my side,” Hoya answered honestly. I blinked a dew times, making sure I wasn’t in a dream. His words make me not believe my ears. I wanted to say something, but no words could come out of my mouth. We stood in the dark in a few minutes of silence.

“I’m sorry, but I love you, Kyung Me.”