Chapter 45: I could lean on him.

Ms Author- Idol

 

I breathed in deeply, according to his instructions. Never once I felt so scared in my life. The spot light got have just landed on my head if I was just an inch closer. I couldn’t stop myself from trembling, from feeling weak.

“Quick clear up the mess!”

“Manager! Take her backstage!”

The commotion around me never once stopped. I just followed blindly, my brain simply can’t process. I was placed on a chair, my hand still held tight onto the microphone.

“Give her some water!”

“Check if she is alright!”

“Kyung Me?”

“Kyung Me!”

“Oh no, do we need the ambulance?”

“Move! Let her breath!”

Manager hyung was getting impatient and the crowd that surrounded me. I stared into blank space, shock still remained in me. Then someone came into my sight, his handsome features that grabbed my attention temporary from the horror. 

“It’s alright now, Kyung Me,” JaeJoong kneeled in front of me, trying to release my grip on the microphone. I stared down at him, regaining my focus. His eyes spoke of the word trust. If he said so, I would be, right…? Slowly, JaeJoong pulled the microphone out of my hand, replacing it with his hand.

“Are you hurt anywhere?” JaeJoong asked, my hair. I was unsure how to answer. Does my brain damage counts? I can’t seem to respond to any question.

“I think she needs the hospital.” Manager oppa concluded, fishing his phone from his pocket.

“N…o…” I stuttered out my first word after so long. Hospital was the last place I want to go.  JaeJoong heaved a sigh of relief as I start to speak.

“Are you sure?” JaeJoong consulted me again. I nodded, closing my eyes. Deep breaths, Kyung Me. I’m fine now, not hurt and not DEAD yet. I should be fine. Be professional. M fans waited for hours, you can’t disappoint them now. Furthermore, it’s for a good cause.

“Is she alright?” A backstage crew came in to check.

“Neh,” I opened my eyes, full of determination.

“I really do apologize. But we need to get on with the rehearsal.”

“Sure,” I tried to smile to the crew. They must be feeling awful too that such things happened. I stood up, my weak legs supported me.

“Get off the stage immediately if you feel unwell,” Manager oppa commanded me. JaeJoong stood beside him, his expression full of worries and uncertainty.

“I know,” I smiled encouragingly. Endure was the only route in this industry. Once you give up on yourself, you lose. It’s not about your career. It’s about the people that made your career possible. So, be strong.

As much as I love the stage, the stage cheered for me. The audience that filled the seats applauded with much enthusiasm. I smiled brightly at them, waving. My tensed up nerves finally released back to its original position.

I gave a deep bowed, the only way of saying thank you. Turning my back, my world started spinning. I staggered, but hung on. I shouldn’t fall. This must be prefect, even the ending. The back stage is nearing.

Just one more step, Kyung Me.

One more and I went down, falling into a pair of strong arms. I closed my eyes to this long and torturous day. His arms supported all of me, and I knew I could lean on him for times like this.

He’ll be here, like he said.