Chapter 35: A box with a….

Ms Author- Idol

 

“So, what’s up?” I opened the door to JaeJoong’s branded car.

“Here,” JaeJoong placed a box on my lap. It was rather heavy.

“What’s this?” I asked in a tired down, looking at him.

“Open it up.” JaeJoong instructed, smiling.

“I’m not in the mood for games, JaeJoong.” I sighed.

“Why not you open it up before you complain?”

I sighed. The sooner I got this over and done with, the sooner I leave here. I lifted the lid open; a puppy Collie sat in the box, fast asleep. My eyes wide open, looking at the adorable ball of fur. To prevent myself from screaming, I bit my lips tight. I wanted to squeal, to hug this lovable thing immediately. My attention was totally focused on the puppy.

“If I’m not around,” JaeJoong turned to me. I diverted my attention to him for a moment.

“Why would you not be?” I frowned, expecting to be around to bother me.

“Do you want me to stay here forever?” He chuckled heartily.

“No,”

“That’s disappointing. Then, I’m taking back my puppy.” JaeJoong had his hands on the box. But I was faster, tightened my grip around the box.

“No way,” I rejected the idea immediately: definitely keeping the puppy no matter what happens.

“Can you pretend this is me and pour your heart out to him next time?” JaeJoong shifted his hand from the box, to my head, my hair.

“Why?” I asked, almost begging for the reason.

“I don’t know, for various reasons?” JaeJoong shrugged, continuing fixing my hair.

“Oh,” My eyes fixed back at the puppy. A surge of disappointment flooded over me again. I don’t know the reason to my disappointment but I don’t know why I should be. I am just nobody to him, in my point of view anyway.

It was then, the perfect moment that the puppy gave a yawn and woke up. His large round eyes gazed at his environment, then found my face. Eagerly, he stood up on his paws, wagging his tail at me. I smiled, picking the puppy up in my arms.

“I found him on the streets a few days ago. Isn’t he adorable?” JaeJoong gave the puppy a pat n his head, smiling.

“Poor little guy,” I lifted the puppy up, his eyes matching my view. “What should I name you?”

“I already thought of one,” JaeJoong announced. “It’s Hero.”

“Hero? Hero as in your stage name?” I giggled.

“Yeah, what’s wrong with that?” JaeJoong frowned at my laughter. “Right, Hero?”

The pup gave a soft yelp. JaeJoong went over to his fur.

“Wait, wait. Isn’t this mine?” I asked, still amused.

“Yeah, why?”

“That makes me the owner and the right to give it a name, right?”

“Yes to the former, but no to the latter. It’s settled! The name is Hero!”

“No! I want a better name!”

“What’s a better name than Hero?”

“No way,” I laughed.

“You don’t have a choice. He only likes Hero.”

“Liar! He doesn’t like it. He hates it! Right?” I snuggled the pup.

“Hero!” JaeJoong called out. The collie responded with another yelp.

“No! No!”

“Hero! Hero! Hero!”

At this moment, the car filled with laughter as the argument went on. My memory of my mistake abandoned far back in my mind.