Chapter 54: Doubts & Curiosity

Ms Author- Idol

“Ms Baek!” I stopped her form embarrassing JaeJoong further. He was utterly surprised by her question. It was not something that you would expect out of someone you first met.

“Alright, alright, I’ll be quiet. Come’ on, I’ll show you where the room is.” Ms Baek smirked, as she pulled me away and left JaeJoong in the living room. I followed Ms Baek in, taking a few glance back at JaeJoong. He had a grin on his face?

Weird one...

“Here we are,” Ms Baek settle us in the guest room and closed the door behind.

“Clothes,” She passed me a pair of shorts and a plain shirt.

“Thanks,” I smiled. “You’re the best!”

“I’m curious.” Ms Baek shut the wardrobe door and sat on the bed, staring at me.

“You’re always curious. What is it about?” I sighed, settling down beside her.

“Are you going to tell him about you being a,” Ms Baek mouthed the last word. “Writer?”

“I don’t know, I’m not even sure of his confession.”

“Oh? Wae? Don’t you love him?”

“No, actually I do. I’m afraid that he didn’t. Plus, he’s a huge star with a huge fan base. Why would he choose some noob singer like me? I mean wouldn’t someone like him want someone...? I don’t know.” I lay back on the bed.

“Gosh, you have some inferior issue here, dear. Don’t think so badly of yourself. Have more confidence. That guy,” Ms Baek pointed out to the living room, indicating JaeJoong, “out there certainly have the guts to confess to you on national TV, dear.”

“Then, why would you ask him whether he was true to me?”

“I was just teasing him. From all the things you told me about him and what he did, I do believe he has feeling for you! But, aren’t you curious too?” Ms Baek smirked.

“Of course I am!” I blushed. “But, you just met him! You’ll scare him!”

“Wow, already so protective of your boyfriend?”

“Yah!” I sat up and punched lightly on Ms Baek’s shoulders.

“Alright, alright,” Ms Baek raised her hands in surrender. “I’ll leave you to rest.”

“Night,” I smiled, as she stood up.

“Ah, one more thing,” She turned around, her hands on the door knob. “I’ll never ever come out of my room tonight. So, you guys... do whatever you want.” Ms Baek gave a last wink and went out before I could protest.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled at Ms Baek’s words. What was she thinking? But, somehow she’s right, we do need to talk. The confusion this afternoon was too chaotic for us to talk. His confession was just too bizarre for me. It’s just so sudden, like Hoya’s. Plus, I do owe Hoya an apology too. I should have realized my heart for JaeJoong so Hoya wouldn’t get hurt. When did I start liking him anyway? I sighed, shaking my head off these confusing thoughts.

I changed into the comfortable clothes, and sat on the bed with no hint of sleepiness. It’s going to be long night, Kyung Me.

Knock! Knock!

I jumped. Was it him?

“Co...Come’ in,” My voice cracked due to the nervousness. What the? Just chill!

“Kyung Me?” JaeJong opened the door gently. I could feel the heat the moment he stepped into the room.

“Yes?” I tried hard to stabilize my voice. He sat on the edge of the bed, facing me. I unknowingly shifted myself away from him. He chuckled softly.

“Why are you so scared of me now?” He asked the smile still on his face.

“No, I don’t,” I said indifferently, my heart skipping furiously against my chest.

“Kyung Me,” He stared deep in my eyes.

“Neh?!” I blinked.

“I’m sorry.”

What? Why? Was he going to take back his confession?