Chapter 40: A mixture of emotions.

Ms Author- Idol

 

“Here are most of the things you need,” Jiae said after a hour of shopping, patting the pile of stuff beside her. It included food, bowls, toys, dog house, medications, food and water bowls and a lot of other items.

“Hmm… We need to get him a collar.” JaeJoong frowned at Hero’s bare neck. Hero was now at a pet corner getting his hair cut.

“Oh! That’s right!” Jiae exclaimed. “How could I forget that? Wait, I will go get you some special ones.”

“Never…”Before I could finish my sentence, she disappeared behind the counters through the doors. She was so kind and friendly to me all hour, trying to gather all the necessities needed.

“She’s really your fan.” JaeJoong chuckled.

“Yeah I could see that,” I grinned. Then suddenly, the power in the shop shut down. It was a pitch black in an instant. Jiae gave a groan.

“I’m sorry! I’ll fix it in an instant!” She shouted to us.

“It’s alright! Take your time!” JaeJoong yelled back. I glanced around in the dark shop. Outlines of the display racks were still visible though.

“Let’s continue where we stopped,” JaeJoong’s whispered in the dark, his smile shining in the dark.

“What….?” I asked. What was he talking about? Within seconds, JaeJoong slid his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him. Slowly, he leaned in towards me. He stared at me into my eyes, then trailing his sight down to my lips. I gulped, not knowing what to do.

As he moved closer, my heart beat got faster. JaeJoong’s head titled a little, closing in. My heart earned for it, but my brain says no. It told me to be logical, to be practical. Not to lust for something that didn’t belong to me. Yes, he didn’t.

At the last second, I covered his mouth with my hand. I knew the movement startled him. I shifted my head away from him. JaeJoong smiled, as if to know the reason behind my reaction I gave. He let go out me, ruffling my hair. I head hung down, too embarrassed.

“Power’s back!” As soon as Jiae shouted, the power went back on and the lights brightened the shop once again.

“Here we go,” Jiae came out with a box of shiny collars. “Pick one.”

“Neh,” I mumbled, still burning up from the situation before.

My brain never once stopped thinking about him, about his lips, his smile. I bit my lip, trying to control my thoughts. My head would be in the cloud for quite awhile. I never talked to him for remaining time. I just nodded and shook my head to his questions. Soon enough, we finished shopping. We bid goodbye to Jiae, holding on to the newly styled Hero. Insisting on sending me home, JaeJoong loaded all the goods onto his car boot.

“Ouch,” JaeJoong let out a yell.

“What?” I was alarmed by his sudden shriek. I moved closer to him, trying to take a look. JaeJoong pressed on his bleeding finger which received a cut.

“Oh no! Where did you get the cut from?”

“I don’t know.” JaeJoong examined the boot.

“Hang on.” I said worriedly. I placed Hero in the car and ran back to the boot, where JaeJoong was. I pulled an adhesive bandage out from my back pocket, peeling it apart.

“Let me see.” I grabbed JaeJoong’s injured hand, taking a better look. It was bleeding due to the cut, but was nothing serious. I wrapped the bandage carefully around his finger, not wanting to inflict anymore pain. JaeJoong was silent throughout the whole process.

“That’s better,” I smiled, satisfied with his bandaged finger. I glanced up at him. He was watching me the whole time, his facial expression was unreadable. For the first time, he looked so intense, so deep in thoughts.

“Wae?” I asked.

“Thank you for worrying about me.” JaeJoong smiled as he said those words.

“Let’s go home.” I let go of his hand, turning away. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Like it?^^ hehe.enjoy! comment lots!