Chapter 52: Official conference

Ms Author- Idol

 

“Oppa, I need the toilet again,” I whined.

“Kyung Me, just sit down. The press conference is about to start!” Manager Oppa roared.

“Tell me how many reporters are there again?” Nervous coloured my voice.

“At least 50 of them,” Manager oppa answered lazily, the tenth time he had said.

“Can I know what their objective is?”

“To squeeze the truth out of you,”

“And, where’s JaeJoong?”

“MIA, and I’m freaking out too! Can you stop asking the same questions?!” Manager started to lose his temper on me. I didn’t know how nervous one can get. This was definitely nerve wrecking. Unlocking my phone, I started looking for JaeJoong’s contact. Where the heck was he? No one answer again. Someone, just teleport him here already!

“Guys, it’s time, please follow me,” A back stage crew popped his head inside our room.

“But, it’s unreasonable for my artist to face this alone!” Manager oppa yelled his head off. He was beyond nervous; he could break a vein any time soon from the tension. The crew shrugged, indicating we should get out of the room right now.

“Maybe he decided to abandon me because of what I said yesterday.” I sighed in defeat.

“Don’t worry, I’m here,” Manager Oppa patted my back in encouragement. I smiled back. Yes, he was here.

“Let’s go,” I grimaced, and headed out together with manager oppa. The media was just a few rooms away, note pad and camera ready for the big news. I tried to make every step to that room as confident as possible. It would be over soon, Kyung Me. Nothing had ever happen between you and JaeJoong after today, Kyung Me.

“You ready?” Manager Oppa adjusted his outfit a little. I nodded, giving him a last nervous look.

As soon as we pushed through those double doors, chaos broke out. Flashes of camera snapped nonstop, questions boomed at us without hesitation. Manager Oppa tried to protect me from them, leading me to the stage, where tables and chairs where set up.

“Please settle down. We will begin this conference shortly.” The emcee announced through the microphone.  After checking on the microphones, the back stage crew backed off.

“We will be accepting questions one by one.” The emcee proceeded on with the conference. “First, dispatch?”

“Where is Kim JaeJoong?” Reporter from Dispatch asked the first and most important question of all. I gazed over at the empty seat that named ‘Kim JaeJoong’. Nope, he’s not here. Then my sight shifted to the door, my hope that he would come still lingered in my heart.

“He is not here, obviously.” I picked up the microphone and gave a weak chuckle. “It might be due to...”

“I’m sorry guys!” JaeJoong burst through the door, panting. My mouth pulled up into a smile. He’s here! He’s here to announce we are not a couple together. Irony!

Once again, the room was flooded with camera flashes. JaeJoong ignored everything that went on in the room. His sight never left mine as he stride across the room. His grin never wiped off his face as he stopped in front of me. I stood up not knowing what to expect.

He stretched his hands out for me, I just stared at it. The media was still busy clicking their cameras away.

“What are you doing?” I mouthed him.

“Trust me,” He said in the same charming voice. I reached out for his hands slowly. Am I making the right choice? Trust him, he says and I will. He held tight on my hands leading me from behind the table. I never looked elsewhere and only into his eyes, the safest place on earth.

As I stood before him, I could now see him in a handsome tux. His prefect features accentuate the suit, and not the other way round. I smiled at him, charmed by him even.

“Hey, I’m sorry I’m late.” JaeJoong whispered, caressing my cheeks.

“No, it’s alright,” I smiled. As long as he’s here, that’s comforting.  

“Kyung Me ah,” He addressed me like he always do. The conference room was suddenly silent at his words. 

“Neh?” I asked, my voice trembling.

“I want to keep you in my heart and never let go of your hands.” He smiled as he paused, searching my face for the right expression.

“I love you.”