Chapter 18: Meeting in the rain.

Ms Author- Idol

 

“Why are you so late?!” Ms Baek sat on the car, waiting for me at the nearby car park.

“Sorry!” I panted. “The performance had some delay.”

“Here,” Ms Baek handed me some honey water, quenching my thirst.

“Thanks,” I grinned at her. Though she was always nagging and chasing me for my draft, I never regretted choosing her as my editor.

“Is she there yet?” I asked, taking off my cap, letting down my hair.

“Not yet, but if we are stuck in this traffic, she might be there before us,” Ms Baek cursed at the congested traffic.

“So, where’s your draft?” Ms Baek turned to me, while waiting.

“Emm…” I tried to avoid her gaze.

“Arraso, arraso, I won’t force you this time.” Ms Baek smiled, refocus on the traffic.

“Mianhae,” I pouted, feeling real bad for not writing. Where did my passion go?

“It’s alright. I know you are busy recently with your music.”

“Lately, I had to be extra cautious when I write, I didn’t like that. So, I gave up writing during work. However after work, I was too tired to do so…”

“Extra cautious? Why?”

I explained all about JaeJoong and losing my book to Ms Baek. Her reactions were like I expected- shocked, at the same time worried of my identity exposing.

“So, are you absolutely sure that JaeJoong wouldn’t find out?” Ms Baek frowned, as she parked the car.

“I don’t know.” I pouted.

“Gosh, it’s so complicated.” Ms Baek sighed deeply. “Ah, we will talk about this later.”

“Alright,” I got out of the car, ready to meet Kim Yuri. Though this wasn’t the first time I did a discussion on a book cover, but it still made me excited. I wonder how she looked like, how she would design my cover. I smiled to myself, thinking of all the infinite possibilities.

If fairies exist, then Kim Yuri would be one of them. Her beauty was something was born naturally. Not only she has beauty, she also posses the superb artistic quality. Book covers she designed were just so awesome.

“She is such a great designer!” I exclaimed as we ended the meeting.

“Of course, who do you think she is?”

“And, thank you for inviting her,” I hugged her.

“Arraso, so let go.” Ms Baek smiled, patting my head.

“I don’t wannnnnnaaaaaaaa,” I .

“Then you want me to push your deadline forward?” Ms Baek threatened. I stuck my tongue out at her jokingly.

“So, you need a drive home?” Ms Baek asked.

“Hmmm…I want to take a stroll home.” I totally need a breather.

“Alright, don’t think so much. If there is any problem, just tell me.” Ms Baek smiled, giving me a comfort pat on my shoulder.

“Thank you,” I smiled. Waving goodbye, I stepped on the streets of Seoul. Wind swiped across the street and a flash of lightning shot across the sky. I sighed, ignoring the coming storm. Plugging in earphones, I continued my road home.

As I walked on, rain poured down, drenching me inside out. Somehow, I enjoyed walking in the rain. The cold droplets that splattered on your face, cooling down everything and making one forget about frustrations.

“Yah!” Someone suddenly grabbed me under the umbrella. I froze in shock. A kidnapper?

I turned at the mysterious man.

“JaeJoong?!” I yelled out, plugging out my earphones.