Chapter 9: Uncovering the secret?

Ms Author- Idol

 

“Thank you for the hard work!” I went around bowing to the cast and crew who worked so hard for the show. It was my duty and a duty of rookies to do such things.

Bzz… Bzz…

I whipped out my phone, grimacing at whoever called. It’s was my editor publisher.

“Yeoboseyo? Please hold on.” I cupped the speaker and went to a secluded corner, the emergency stairways.

“Ms Baek?” I whispered into the phone, afraid my conversation to be overhead.

“Yah!” A scream from another end cause me to pull my ear away from the phone.

“How could you ignore my phone call?! Do you know how hard it is to reach you these days? You also exceeded the dead line I given you!” Ms Baek’s voice boomed through the speaker. I shook my head, something like that was very common for me.

“Are you alright?” I asked, not knowing what else to say.

“You still have the cheek to ask that! Where’s my draft story?!”

“Ms Baek~” I did an ageyo.

“Don’t you dare act cute! You know we are running on a tight schedule?”

“Arraso,” I whined. “I lost my book days ago and I only got it back today. Can’t you extend the deadline?”

“Aish, you are so careless. Arraso, arraso, I’ll try to talk out with the management. By the way when are you available?”

“Hmm… I don’t know. My schedule is packed recently. Why?”

“You have to come in to discuss about the design of the cover for your next book.”

“Really?! I’m so excited! Who’s the designer this time?”

“Kim Yuri.”

“The nation’s famous book cover designer?! You’re simply awesome!” I squeal in excitement.

“Don’t tell anyone anything yet.” Ms Baek instructed sternly.

“Arraso, besides, I have no one to tell. No one knew about this,” I reminded her.

“Ah, right. I have to go now. I will contact you again. Annyeong.” Ms Baek hung up.

I couldn’t help but to be thrilled about the upcoming book cover design. A famous designer for my book? Oh yeah, man! I jumped around in a corner in circles, celebrating the good news. However, I never expect someone to be watching the whole while.

“Kyung Me-sii?” Jae Joong’s voice called out.

“Oh!” I gasped, coming to an abrupt stop on my celebration.

“I thought I heard someone talking. So, it’s you, Kyung Me.” JaeJoong emerged from the bottom stairs.

SH……IT!!!When was he here? How much he heard?!

“What…”

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to eavesdrop.” JaeJoong rubbed his neck, not know what to do. I stood there, still unable to respond. I wouldn’t even dare to ask how much he heard.

“Don’t worry. I only heard things like book cover designer and date line.” JaeJoong quickly covered up himself. But it just made things worst. I gapped at him.

“So, what are you doing?” JaeJoong gave me a childish grin.