Chapter 46: An answer

Ms Author- Idol

 

I woke up as I faced the white room. I knew where I was – the hospital. Sitting up, I felt a new wave of dizziness. , I falling again. I fell towards the side, unable to keep my balance.

“Woah, take it easy,” Hoya’s familiar voice could be heard, as he supported me.

“Thanks,” I grinned.

“How are you feeling?” Hoya helped me adjust the bed till it’s bending at 45 degrees. I leaned back comfortably.

“Just a little aching,” I smiled. How long had it been the last time I saw him?

“I heard it from manager hyung,” He sat down, staring down miserably at his fingers. “It’s my fault, isn’t it?”

“Why would it be? It’s no one’s fault! The lighting man wouldn’t have wanted such incident too.” I frowned at him. Why was he pushing all the blame onto himself?

“No, maybe not that incident. But, I might have landed you in hospital indirectly.” Hoya looked up, guiltily. Before I could argue back, he continued. “I know the stress that built up in you and is because of my confession. Don’t say it’s not.” He eyed me; I stuck my tongue out at him. “According to manager oppa, you have been burying yourself in work ever since that day. Thus, making your body exhausted. So, I’m sorry, Kyung Me. I won’t say those words, ever again. Pretend it never happened, alright?”

I frowned at him.

“No, I can’t. Those words was stuck in my brain for freaking 5 days, there’s no way I could get rid of them. The reason I’m so trouble is because I can’t give you an answer. I don’t know if I felt the same way you feel for me. Before I could give you a definite answer, I can’t my hurt you. You are the one who shared joy and troubles with me through my trainee days and not to mention you are my best friend. Plus, confessing your love was never wrong, so don’t apologize.”

Hoya gave a weak smile, but not speaking.

“So in the meanwhile, are we still best buds?” I held out my fist. Hoya glanced up at me, and couldn’t help grinning. I grinned back. He bumped his fist against mine, proving our unwavering friendship.

“I’ll be off then, get some rest.” Hoya stood up, smiling.

“Annyeong!” I waved at him, smiling as he left.

Seconds later, the room door slided opened again. I frowned, Hoya forget something? Nope, it’s JaeJoong. I looked at him suspiciously.

“Why are you staring at me with that look?” JaeJoong sat down at the seat that Hoya sat. “Can’t I be here?”

“Are you supposed to be?” I raised my eye brows.

“What a way to treat someone who just saved your life and twice,” JaeJoong smirked.

“Mehrong~” I stuck my tongue at him teasingly. “So what?”

“You little,” JaeJoong used his knuckled knocked me softly on my head.

“So, what happened to the lighting man? Did he get reprimanded very harshly?” I asked in concern. It was definitely not his fault the light chooses to drop at the moment.

“Your manager was furious I guess.” I let out a groan, oh no. JaeJoong smiled. “But he should be fine if they apologize properly.”

“Seriously it’s nothing to fuss about.” I frowned, massaging my temples with my fingers.

“You are really weird, you know? People would usually more concern with insurance they would get and not how the other party is doing.” JaeJoong examined me with curiosity. I shrugged. The lighting man could also be trying his best at work.

“Another thing,” JaeJoong spoke up after a few moments of silence. He was really full of questions. “I didn’t mean but overhead.” I rolled my eyes. He continued, “the conversation between you and your senior.”

“And?” I prompted him.

“And I was wondering if it is true?”

“About what is true?”

“You have no one you love at the moment.”

I blinked at him, never expecting such question from him. Anyway, why was he asking that? Did he have some other motive?

“Hmm… yes?” I answered uncertainly. A smile slowly crept on his face.

What the hell is this guy thinking again??