Finale: Love Never Sleeps

LOVE NEVER SLEEPS (My Heart's Candy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3 years later… March 4, 2015…

He rode the elevator and breathed out loudly, then suddenly the doors opened up again. He looked up to the person who pressed for the elevator and he was met with a familiar face.

“Hyung, are you alright?” Chan asked as he got into the elevator with Sulli behind him.

“Annyeong… yeah, I’m okay…” he sadly responded.

“Those scars are not a joke, oppa…” she snickered and Chan chuckled with her. Taec had scars on his arms and he just returned from the pharmacy for some betadine.

“Anyways, how’s hyungsoonim?” Chan asked.

“She’s already in her room, resting… thankfully, everything was okay… Khun and the others are looking after her now…” he spoke. “By the way, why are you two late? The others were here early…” he added in curiosity.

“Our phones were turned off, so we did not receive the emergency texts…” Chan responded.

“That’s why we brought fish broth for unni… so that she could recover faster…” Sulli pointed out as she gestured at the bag Chan had in his hand.

The three of them got off the lift when the doors opened once again. Taec lead them to the private room Fany was staying at and they were welcomed by laughter and chatters.

“ChanSeong samchon! Sul gu-mo!” JinWoon and SeoHyun, Kwon and GaIn’s three year old twins ran to the two new visitors. Chan carried the two kids in his hands after he placed the soup thermos and bag of gifts on the table.

“You feeling better?” Taec asked Fany who laid on the hospital bed.

“I had my medicine so it does not hurt that much anymore…” Fany answered.

“You should rest more… I’ll tell them to leave soon so you can rest…” he whispered to her as he hugged her head.

“No, don’t do that… I also missed them… and having their laughters make me feel better…” she spoke. “Sorry about that oppa…” she apologized after seeing his scars again.

“Gwaenchanha…, I know that it’s nothing compared to what you had gone through…” Taec comforted her.

“Imo…” little BoRa, Khun and Vic’s daughter, called to her Aunt Fany.

“Yes?” Fany asked sweetly.

“Why did the ball disappear?” BoRa asked and the adults who heard her could not help but laugh at her cuteness.

“The ball got out of Aunt Fany’s stomach… and it magically became two little babies…” Taec explained in the simplest way he could.

“Why did it turn into babies? Appa and umma said that when the ball grows, we could play with it…” BoRa wondered.

“Darling, all the balls that grow in Auntie and Umma’s stomaches would turn to babies… you were also a ball in umma’s belly… then you escaped from umma’s belly… then you grew bigger like what you are now…” Khun explained to his daughter. “Now that there’s two new babies, you can also play with him like umma, appa, uncles, aunties, JinKi oppa, JinWoon oppa and SeoHyun unni played with you when you were smaller… You’re now a noona…”

BoRa furrowed her brows and was still confused, however, she stopped asking questions as she thought more about what her dad just said. Khun and Vic could just smile and shake their heads at the questions BoRa was asking, as they kept becoming more difficult to answer by the day.

“Your daughter’s going to be a genius…” WooYoung chuckled at Khun.

“I know… the other day she just asked why daddy and mommy should sleep side by side while she sleeps in her room…” Khun muttered, earning laughter from most of the adults in the room.

“Aigoo, BoRa yah… I hope I’ll have a daughter as cute as you…” WooYoung went to the girl and carried her as he pinched her chubby cheeks.

“You have to marry my sister first…” Taec placed his hand over Woo’s shoulder.

“You have to talk to her first… I’ve been waiting for so long, you know…” Woo retorted.

“Because I have to finish my masteral first before I get married...” JiEun answered back.

“Tsk tsk… before you told me to wait until you graduate college, I didn’t even agree to waiting for you until you get your masters degree… how long should I wait more?” Woo was growing frustrated as he put the kid down.

“But you still love me, so you’d wait for me… you have no choice…” JiEun winked.

“Excuse me, I have brought the babies for feeding…” the nurse knocked and they all get to see the little angels out of the glass windows of the nursery.

“Omo, they look like oppa…, but with unni’s smile…” Sun was excited as she saw her two nephews up close.

“Good thing they did not get your ears, Taec…” Jay teased and Taec could not even glare at him, as he was busy looking at his lovely babies.

“Thank you, babe…” Taec thanked her again as he held one of the babies. He clearly remembers how he felt when he was in the delivery room with her. The sound of her yelps of pain, the tears she shed for him and the pain he felt when her long nails scraped off his skin, those were still in his head.

But nothing would compare to the sound of the babies’ first cries after coming out of her body. He was moved to the edge when they both held the small babies in their hands right after they were wiped off the blood. It was his happiest moment, more than when he asked her out, when he proposed to her or when they got married a year ago. He was beyond happy now.

“Boys, please leave the room for a few minutes please… I’ll just feed the babies…” Fany shyly spoke.  

“Can we just turn around, we promise that we would not peek… if we do, we’ll gladly take punches from Taec hyung… I just want to stay here and chat with all of you…” JunHo grinned as he pleaded.

“Arasseo…” Fany agreed as he held one of the babies and placed it nearer to her chest before covering herself with a feeding cloth, just in case someone comes in.

“So, when would the next Ok baby be born?” Jay excitedly asked and Fany could not help but glare at his back.

“Oppa, I just gave birth to twins hours ago, and you’re talking crap about having another?!!!!” she was obviously furious.

“Don’t mind him baby, it would just stress you out and affect your recovery…” Taec soothed as he comforted the baby in his hands.

“What, the guys all dreamed of having a soccer team… now we have four boys in the clan, we need more…” Jay rubbed his head after getting hit by GaIn. The other boys nodded and earned slaps and hits from their partners.

“It’s not easy to give birth to human beings, you idiots! It’s not as easy as you think… unlike your roles which is just to stick in your manhood into ours and the rest is being the supportive husband… we had to endure months of pain an hours of hell!!!” Fei erupted.

“Calm down now, we were wrong okay…” JunSu calmed down his wife. “It’s already the others’ turn to bring some soccer players in, anyways… we still have Woo, JunHo, Jay, and Chan… and maybe soon enough, James and SooHyun, right?”

They continued chatting while the other twin took his turn for feeding, as Taec patted the other to sleep. Then JiEun brought up the topic of baby names as the couple had not yet decided on names. The people kept suggesting names, and it was not new that Jay and JunHo would suggest their own names for the babies.

“So, what would their names be? Of all the names we had said the past half hour, you still don’t know yet?” Woo asked.

“But we asked umma to name the babies…” Taec spoke.

“And what did she say?” Sun asked

“To think of the names ourselves… since they’re our kids anyways…” Taec answered. “But still, I want her to approve of it…”

“She would like it no matter what you name them… so?” JiEun spoke.

“What do you think?” Taec asked Fany.

“I’m not sure about their Korean names… but I want them to have English names… Gavin and Nathan Ok…” she responded. “How about the godparents give them their names instead…” she added as she took the baby away from her chest since she was done feeding them.

“What do you think? Sunye?” he asked his sister.

“Really? I’ll be their godmother?” she asked and the couple both nodded. “How about YoungSoo and YoungHo? Ok YoungSoo, Ok YoungHo…” she suggested.

“I like it, how about that oppa? This would be Ok YoungSoo, Ok Gavin…” she spoke as she held their second son. “And he would be Ok YoungHo, Ok Nathan…” she added as he looked at their first son cradled in Taec’s arms.

“I like it too…” Taec smiled at his wife, and also at his friends.

Soon, the aunts and uncles began swarming the twin babies and repeated their new found names as the babies slept with smiles. Not long after, the babies were taken back to the nursery and as the night neared in, Taec and Fany were soon left with just the two of them.

“Go and get some rest…” Taec told Fany after she had eaten dinner.

“You too… you’ve been up for quite a while now…”

“I will, after I see you drift to sleep…” he said sweetly. “Do you want me to put on some music?”

“Just not some classical ones… I’m no longer pregnant, and I’m sick of that kind of music already…” she whined.

From the start I thought I knew
What I was searching for
Never thought things would come around
It get so hard when people talking steady, mocking
And it hurts when they knock you down

Through the darkest time you were my light
With me right through all the sleepless nights
Even if this is all just a fantasy
No I'll never give up the fight

Every second every minute every hour I
Think of how you came right in and change my life
No more running, hiding, chasing someone else's dreams
I'm going harder pushing forward
Now we got no time to sleep   

If they try to hold me down
And kick me to the ground

I'll get back up every day every night
My love runs deep and our love never sleeps tonight

(♫♪Music Never Sleeps – Jason Chen♪♫)

For the past three years, a lot has happened to them. After the thing with the Ims, they had all recovered as they created more memories together.

After her breakup with SeulOng, SoHee continued tutoring his brother JB. However, months after, she could not stand being cool about things. She already had ChanSeong and Sulli to endure, and now she has another ex-boyfriend to be friends with. As a result, she took a foreign exchange program and flew to Singapore to continue her studies.

There SoHee learned more about international business and luckily, she found someone, a fellow Korean, who was caring and who was not insecure of her past. She had introduced the man, Dong YoungBae, to the others when she flew back for a vacation, and everyone accepted him gladly. She also saw how happy her friends were for them, and she felt relieved, especially after seeing Chan’s genuine smile.

She h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter