Chapter 50: Valentines (part 3): I Love You

LOVE NEVER SLEEPS (My Heart's Candy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Apgujeong-dong... 10pm...

Unlike other couples who spent their dates in restaurants, lavish events and such, Khun and Vic decided to have their Valentine’s in their humble home. She prepared homecooked dinner for both and he brought home a large bouquet of red and pink roses and a huge white teddy bear wearing an “I love Khuntoria” shirt. Though it was a lot simpler than his past events, she was still happy that he at least had prepared something.

After dinner, they sat comfortably on the couch as they did something they both enjoyed, watching movies. He had rented one of the popular Valentine’s movies, Sleepless in Seattle. Everything was going on normally until it reached the scene when Tom Hanks was on the phone talking to the radio DJ. She had watched the movie before, and she knew that those were not the exact words of Tom’s character and the voice seemed different but familiar. She looked at the man beside her but he remained indifferent and stuck his eyes on the screen.

“It was a million tiny little things that, when you added them all up, they meant we were supposed to be together... and I knew it. I knew it was the very first time I touched her. It was like coming home... only to no home I’d ever known... I was just taking her hand to help her out of the club and into my car and I knew. It was like... magic.”

“Is that you? Did you tweak this movie?” she asked when Tom finally got off the phone. “I know that’s your voice, Khun-ah...” she continued interrogating him but he didn’t budge even a little. She wanted to continue asking him but the scene changed into something she never saw in Sleepless in Seattle, but in Pride and Prejudice.

“If, your feelings have changed, I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on.” Then it switched scenes again, but now, it was her boyfriend on screen.

“But for now, let me say, without hope or agenda, just because it’s Valentine’s and at Valentine’s you tell the truth, to me, you are perfect. And my wasted heart will love you. Until you look like this...” he shows a hideous picture of WooYoung. “...or this...” shows a hideous picture of his other best buddy, Taec. “Happy Valentine’s Day, my love...” he smiled at the camera. She looked at him and he just flashed her a wide grin.

She then laughed softly before smiling at the real man beside her, and hitting him playfully in the arm. “Silly boy...” she smiled as she sniffed her touched emotions away. “I love you too...” she said and placed her lips on his. 

“Continue watching, there’s more...” he simply replied as he tightened his hug around her. There he was on the screen, sitting on his piano seat, with fingers lightly placed on the familiar white grand piano.

~~~I love the smell of your perfume

I love those y clothes you wear

And every little things you do

Just make me wanna be with you

 

Don't have to worry about those tears falling down from your eyes

Don't have to worry about no secrets I won't tell you lies

Don't have to be ashamed just tell me girl what's deep inside

No I won't never let it go I'll make it alright


And I still can't wait to hold you girl

And I still want you here in my world

'Cause I know that we are meant to be

Forever, forever

You know I'll always be there for you


I like waking up in the morning babe

Looking at your pretty face knowing that you'll always be mine

And I like holding you in my arms at night

Underneath the moonlight knowing that you'll always be mine

I like kissing you while you're sleeping babe

Whispering I love you girl knowing that you'll always be mine

And I like waking up to your pretty smile

Touching your soft skin knowing that you'll always be mine~~

“Komawo...” Vic said as she snuggled into his embrace. “But... can we continue watching the real Sleepless in Seattle now?” she smiled cutely at him and his eyes widened with shock. He didn’t expect that. “That’s really one of my favourite movies...” she continued with a puppy dog pout.

“Aish...” he just sighed in defeat as he rose from his seat and took out the real movie dvd and replaced the one in the player.


 

Osaka... 10pm...

“This oppa is really a workaholic, even on Valentine’s Day he’s working overtime...” she grumbled to herself as she rode the elevator.

Her brother just texted her, giving her a tip that the young President she’s in love with, is still in his office and still haven’t had his dinner. It has already been her “job” to bring him midnight snacks and accompany him, even though she still had classes the next day. However, her parents and siblings allowed her to do so, saying that she could take later classes as long as she helps the young President out of depression, pressure and stress.

The elevator tinged and as expected, the entire floor was dimly lit as soon as the doors opened. She made her way to his office but felt weird when she noticed that there was no light coming from the inside. She slowly opened the door and he was not there. “Could it be that MinHo oppa was just playing a joke on me, and Channie oppa is not really here?” She thought as she slowly approached his office table. “But his cellphone is still here...” she whispered to herself as she saw the familiar device.

Suddenly something appeared on the wall opposite his office table. The overhead LCD stuck on the ceiling was projecting a blank white background on the wall, and she was getting confused. She was about to take her phone and dial his number but stopped when the video started moving and an instrumental music started playing. Bubbles started gathering on the screen and it created a heart shape. Soon after, Korean characters and pictures of the both of them started appearing.

“Sulli-ah...” then flashed the photo they took on his phone when they attended the Christmas ball. It was the first time she saw him smile that wide after everything that happened.

“For the time that we had together, thank you...” then appeared the photo they took on the Jeju trip with his brothers. They were at the tea farm and the boys teased them to do a love shot but they declined and just stared at each other. The boys took a shot of it and sent it to the both of them when they landed back in Japan.

“For the friendship that we shared, thank you...” then the picture of their recent company outing in snowy Sapporo, when they made a snowman couple, appeared.

Then few more pictures of them showed. Selcas, stolen shots and group shots were also included. It included photos of the surprise birthday party that the Choi siblings threw Channie. Her fave of the bunch was when they caked his face and he got revenge, but only at Sulli, when he wiped her face with icings. There were also pictures of him with his hand over her shoulders, the two of them unknowingly hugging each other, cute photos of their puffed cheeks and other cute expressions, and finally a photo of the two making a heart sign with their hands.

“Thank you for waiting...” these words overlapped the sweet pictures.

“Now it’s my turn to make you happy, Sulli-ah...” the pictures faded and those words remained before fading again.

“Can I be your one and only OPPA...?” it showed and there was a photo of him holding a bouquet of roses. His picture stayed there as a panorama of the earlier photos started gliding at the bottom of the screen and a song started playing at the background.

~~~Let me explain, the vision in my brain

Close my lids and see you, then I get an eye strain

Then the migraine, as I enchain my melody

Me spend the week like my name is Jake Sully

 

I could be the kid and you can be karate

You could be my Angie and I could be your Brad Pitt

Fill me up like a cup poured in the coffee

I don’t really mind just know that you got me

More pictures continued flowing through the video, that she never knew existed. Apparently, he liked selcas and he stole shots of her.


About not too long ago, I woke up feeling kind of blue (So I)

Picked up my phone and I decided that I hit up you (So then)

We talked for a little while, ask me if I could roll through (So we)

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter