Chapter 55: Forever

LOVE NEVER SLEEPS (My Heart's Candy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days passed and investigations continued as Taec, WooYoung continued their plans in London. The two just finished attending a meeting with three of the directors from the new investing company. Two of the older and foreign directors headed back to their respective offices after they shook hands with Taec and Woo, while the younger Korean director remained.

“So, where will you be heading now? It’s still quite early to head back and rest, isn’t it?” the director, Stanley Kim, asked in Korean as he’s speaking with his fellow Koreans.

“We plan to look around the city after having a change of clothes… Mr. Jang here has visited this city twice… so he’s gonna tour me around…” Taec mentioned as he patted Woo’s shoulder.

“That’s good then, how about this… I can ask my driver to get you around the city… that way it would be more convenient for you… just tell him where you want to go and he’ll take you there…” Mr. Kim suggested as the three started walking.

“That’s nice of you Mr. Kim but we’d rather get some fresh air and have a little exercise too…” Taec refused the offer and Woo nodded in agreement.

“Alright, I understand… but I hope you don’t reject my offer of taking you guys for a drink after working hours, eh? Let’s just get to know each other more, I’ve really got no Korean friends to hang out here… and I’m the only twenty-something year old director… I’ve got no drinking buddies…” Mr. Kim offered.

“That would be good sir…” the two men smiled and Mr. Kim also returned the gesture.

“There’s this bar just at Leadenhall… it’s Steam and Rye… it’s quite popular so there should be no problem for you to get there… how about meeting there around 8pm?” Mr. Kim held his hand out for a shake and the two accepted the handshake as they also agreed at the time and venue the other suggested.

The young director soon left the two as he rode the elevator back to his office. Taec and Woo then saw themselves out of the building and went to have their tour of the city. They went to see the London Eye, National Museum, National Gallery, Tussauds, Big Ben, Piccadilly, and of course the London Tower Bridge. They behaved like their goofy selves in college as they went around.

By the time they arrived at the pub, it was already twenty minutes after 8pm and they were running like track athletes as they did not want to leave a bad impression with their newest investor. However, before they entered the pub, they returned to their calm selves and wiped off the sweat dripping on their faces.

“We are terribly sorry Mr. Kim, we did not know it will get this busy after work hours…” WooYoung explained after reaching the table.

“Don’t worry guys, it’s alright… sit down and catch your breaths first…” Mr. Kim flashed a bright smile and the two took their seats. “I guess London was too beautiful for you to ignore…” he teased the two as they wiped off the remaining sweat drops on their faces. “And please call me by my Korean name, SooHyun, when we’re outside of business… from what I know, we’re of the same age…” he added and could see the hesitation on the two’s faces. “I insist…” he flashed his friendly smile again and the two gave in.

“Alright, SooHyun-ssi” Taec spoke and held out his hand for a handshake.

The three slowly opened up and chatted as they ate ribs, steaks and fries while drinking hard liquors ranging from cognac, vodka and bourbon. SooHyun knew new things about the two such as their business, friendship and that they might be brothers-in-law someday.

The two also knew more about SooHyun as he told how he and his parents came to London to start a business. SooHyun’s dad received an opportunity in his professorship and he continued to becoming a businessman himself, and ended up being a tycoon in London. He also spoke of the frustrations of being a young heir to a big corporation, to which the other two highly empathized. However, the difference is that SooHyun is the only Korean in his company, and he had no Korean friends in London.

They finally called it a night when WooYoung started blabbering non sense about missing his JiEun, whereas the other two were still sober enough to stop WooYoung from hugging random girls at the bar. They had a good laugh though when WooYoung was slapped by a woman after he hugged her and he pleaded for forgiveness to an invisible JiEun.

Despite having a hangover the next day, Taec and Woo hurried to the Kim’s building when SooHyun called them for an urgent meeting. Upon reaching the conference room, SooHyun gestured a thumbs-up at his new friends, signaling that the urgency was for a good news. In few minutes, Stanley’s father took out his pen and signed on the contract Taec and Woo had submitted to Stanley and the other directors the day before.

Taec and Woo tried very hard to contain the joy they have as they are now safe with the new investment. Taec could get rid of YoonA as soon as they get the other signed agreement from ChanSung’s end.

“Congratulations young men… Kim Holdings is now an ally of Ok Electronics and we will put our best efforts to support your projects in present and in the future…” Stanley’s father announced among the board of directors. “And I would like to send my son onto your company as my representative at the board… would that be fine then?”

“Of course, sir… it is our honor to work with you and your son…” Taec replied with a bow, and WooYoung followed with a bow.

“Be sure to take care of my son there… and buy me dinner when I visit…” the older Kim patted Taec’s and Woo’s shoulders before he walked away with his trail of secretaries and body guards. The conference room soon was evacuated leaving the two visitors and SooHyun.

“Thank you very much, Mr. Kim…” Taec thanked sincerely.

“It’s nothing to thank me for… it’s also our benefit to be working with you… so same here, for taking the opportunity…” SooHyun humbly responded.

“However, we would really appreciate it if your end keeps this alliance a secret for the meantime… we need to solve something else in Seoul before the public knows of your investment with our company…” WooYoung reminded.

“That’s alright with me… but may I know why?”

“It’s a long story, but to keep it short… we’ve been receiving threats from one of our investors… they want something personal in exchange for their support…” Taec explained.

“The investor wants to marry off their daughter to Taec, or else they retract their investment on the company… they’re even using our family members as pawns… and the company could not handle the consequences, especially our employees… which is why we desperately asked for your support…”

“Thank you for being honest with me… and don’t worry, everything would be kept a secret until you say so…” SooHyun nodded in understanding. “So, when do we head to Seoul…?” SooHyun excitedly spoke.

Two days after the contract signing, they flew back to Seoul with lighter feelings. To keep Stanley’s addition to the Ok Electronics’ investors a secret, Taec and Woo walked separately with him, to avoid the public’s eye and assumptions. The two were welcomed back by JiEun and Khun and the WooYoung-JiEun couple shared a long hug before they headed to the parking area.

On the other side, Suzy held a paper reading “Kim SooHyun” as she was assigned to be his welcoming party. They chose his Korean name as his birth name was not that well known in the business scene. After a hooded man wearing aviator sunglasses approached him, Suzy asked in a whisper, “Are you Kim SooHyun?” and after receiving a nod, she turned away like her cool self and walked away as she lead him to their car. JunHo was behind the wheel and they sped off after SooHyun took the back seat, with Suzy at the passenger seat.

Khun drove to the Ok mansion, while the couple was at the back making lovely skinships and Taec at the passenger seat, keeping an eye on his sister. He would turn his head and reprimand at them when he would hear some smooching sounds, which Woo kept on doing just to tease his friend.

“Don’t worry, oppa… it’ll soon be over… you’d be smooching on Fany unnie in no time…” JiEun teased and Taec’s ears went fiery red while his best friends laughed their asses off, before Khun was reprimanded to drive properly.

An hour of drive was over and they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter