Chapter 51: Can’t Let You Go Even If I Die

LOVE NEVER SLEEPS (My Heart's Candy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

February 20, 2012... Seoul...

“So you two have a date for the wedding yet?” Khun asked his newly engaged best friend as the three of them hanged out at the cafe nearby.

“Maybe late this year or early next year... We don’t want to rush things too much... she’s yet to graduate college and I don’t want to keep her stressed with wedding plans...” Taec replied as the other two nodded in understanding. “...and she also said that she wants to live life after college even for a short while, being single and not being married to a businessman like me who attracts too much attention from the press...” he continued.

“That’s fair... at least let her live worry-free before she takes on the role of the Madam, being followed by paparazzis as if she’s the crowned princess of Britain...” Woo chimed in as he sipped his espresso.

“The same goes for us, WooYoung-ah... I hope our future wives won’t receive that much stress like our moms...” Khun expressed his sentiments.

“JiEun-ie already knows that... she’s and Ok after all... she knew that the moment she had a crush on this fella...” Taec teased. “I’m not sure about Vic... Have you told her? I hope you already warned her... It’s not a joke living like a public figure no matter how low-profile you get...”

“I told her, but she’s not worried... she told me that she could handle it all... as long as I’m by her side... saying that our love can crush those mountains into pieces...”

“I’m not sure whether I should feel disgusted about you cheesy wife and her cliché lines or be scared with her ‘crush into pieces’ idea...” Woo joked as he drew quotation marks in the air. 

The three continued their random chat about their future lives as heirs of the family corporations and thei wives as the Madams of the company. After a while, their lunch break was almost over and the three stood, about to leave the place, when Woo bumped into a tall and big man.

“Oh, I’m sorry... I wasn’t looking at my way... are you alr---” Woo bowed and apologized but when he lifted his eyes to the man, he stopped and a smile flashed into his lips. “HoDong hyung!!!” Woo beamed in delight to see again the man who helped them once.

“Oh, WooYoung-ah... TaecYeon and Khun-ah... Long time no see... How are you guys doing???” HoDong greeted as the four stepped aside to not block the walkway in the cafe. They sat on their seats again and continued their chat with the big hyung.

“We’re well... I’m now together with Taec’s sister, and the event you helped us with about half a year ago was totally a success... I’m sorry I couldn’t contact you earlier to thank you...”

“That’s okay... I’m glad it went well... how about you two? Still busy with managing your big companies?”

“Of course... but some people came into our lives and made it better... We’re all happy committed gentlemen now...” Taec grinned and the man just smiled widely like he was a father listening to his sons’ love lives.

“And he’s the happily and newly engaged man among us...” Khun spilled and HoDong’s eyes widened.

“Is that so?? Congraulations TaecYeon-ah... I’m happy that someone fell in love with a man who’s overprotective with his sister and someone who has dumbo ears...” the older man teased the young businessman as the other two also laughed along.

“She likes them...” Taec smiled as he blushed and rubbed his reddening ears.

“That’s right, do you remember before that I told you guys that Taec’s sister seemed familiar???” He asked and the three men nodded as they thought about it. “I finally remembered where and when I saw her... I forgot to call you three when I first remembered it... but it’s really a good thing that I bumped into you guys today, because it was really creepy now that I think about it...”

“Why hyung? What was it?” Khun asked in worry.

“I’ll tell you guys, but be sure to keep it hushed... I’m really scared to tell you this, but I’m just worried for your sister and your family...” HoDong looked at Taec’s eyes intently.

“Stop beating around the bush, hyung!!!” Woo said in hushed annoyance.

“Fine, about a year ago, I got this job for a company party... We were tasked to turn this large mansion into a party venue... When I was looking for the comfort room on the second floor, I accidentally opened the door to this creepy room...” he started and he shivered at the thought of it.

“I thought I was at the right room, but when I switched on the lights, it was just a large empty room with your sister’s pictures stuck on the wall... It was as if this creepy man used pictures as his wallpaper... There were JiEun’s pictures, even your pictures... your other sister’s photos, your family’s pictures, your parent’s pictures... It was like this man took all the pictures from magazines, newspapers or internet and posted them on his wall...” HoDong continued.

“The creepiest part is that... he drew ‘X’ marks on each photo with red pen or paint... But there was a weird picture in the middle of one wall... It was another family’s picture, it wasn’t the Ok’s since I’ve seen you and your parents on the news countless times and the little boy definitely didn’t have big ears as yours... It was a couple, maybe about the age of your parents, and the boy was about five years old... The photo was worn out and there were a little blood splattered on it... unlike the others with red ‘X’ marks, this one looked like the blood was accidentally splattered...” the older man added.

“After seeing that, I was totally horrified... I left the room quickly but I know that someone saw me that afternoon... That’s why I have to beg you not to tell anyone about this... I know that the owner of that house is dangerous and not at all a simple man to begin with... He might have even sent some people to spy on me because ever since that day, I always felt like I’m being followed wherever I go...” He sighed in worry.

The three men remained in silent as they stayed in deep thoughts, absorbing what they just heard. Out of the three, Taec was the one who was utterly silent, even growing paler by the second.

“Hyung... could your life be in danger for telling us this..?” Woo asked in concern.

“I might be... but I think it’s better than keeping this secret by myself since my conscience would really not stop bugging me once I know that anyone of the Ok’s are sent to danger...”

“Hyung, do you need some help? We could ask for some people to protect you from that man...” Khun offered.

“I’ve already planned everything since that day... The moment I tell you this secret, I would be leaving the country with clean slate and with a new identity... I think that would already be enough to stop him from bugging me...”

“But you already said that this man is not simple, he could come get you whenever, wherever you are, even if you changed your name... He could still track you...” Woo stated.

“He ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter