Chapter 21: Maybe

LOVE NEVER SLEEPS (My Heart's Candy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

August 1, 2011- 7:17pm

“Where’s TaecYeon oppa? How can he be late on my birthday?” Fany whined at her friends.

“He’s on his way. Uncle JinYoung called him when he was about to leave.” WooYoung explained.

“He’s here. He’s just texted me to go downstairs.” Khun interrupted as he headed to the door.

“Why?” Jay curiously asked and Khun just shrugged his shoulders.

After a few minutes, the door opened and it was Khun and the man they’ve all been waiting for. Their hands were full and both placed the things they held on the dining table.

“Oppa, how can you be late on my birthday?” Fany repeated her whining.

“Sorry angel, blame Uncle JinYoung. He forgot that it was your birthday and asked me to send this last minute gift.” He explained as he handed her a box. The box had an imprint of a high class and expensive brand which amazed the people in the room. Fany opened it with a wide smile and their amazement doubled as they found out that it was a limited edition watch. They all looked at Taec in which he replied, “I don’t know, he just handed that to me. How was I supposed to know its expensive?”

After a few minutes, they have gotten over JinYoung’s present for Fany and ChanSeong noticed three boxes which looked like cakes resting on the dining table. He approached the boxes and opened one of them.

“Wah! Ice cream cake! Hyung, did you buy this for me? I mean for us?” The glutton asked with sparkling eyes.

Taec went to him and slapped his hands of the cake. “Those are for the celebrants. Don’t touch it yet.”

“Celebrants?” GaIn asked in confusion while the others also had confused faces.

“We were so busy last month that we were not able to celebrate Khun and SoHee’s birthday. So I bought one big cake for Fany and two smaller ones to wish them belated birthdays.” Taec replied.  

Khun pretended to cry as he hugged his best friend. SoHee also thanked her oppa with a hug. After the ‘tearful’ moment, they prepared the cakes, stuck candles to them and lit them. They sang many versions of the Happy Birthday Song, courtesy of their multilingual friends, they closed their eyes and made wishes and one by one, the celebrants blew their candles.

They gave Fany their gifts one by one.

With his usual character, Jay gave her a new pair of bikini and upon seeing what Jay gave her, Taec threw pillows at him. “That would really suit your hot body Fany-ah and you can wear that in your next trip to Bali with Taec.” Jay teased which made him receive another pillow attack from Taec and Fany.

JunHo knew little of Fany hence he gave something typical --- a photo frame. He wished that Fany can use the frame in safekeeping memories; with the group or with her family.

Fany is also a fan of branded bags, hence Kwon and GaIn gave her one. It was a Tory Burch Amanda Boxy Satchel which made Fany squeal of happiness and hug the two friends. Fany thanked them so much in which Kwon jokingly replied, “Of course you should, that’s an expensive bag you have. If GaIn hadn’t convinced me to buy you that bag, I would have just gifted you a bucket of popcorn.”

The other couple, ChanSeong and SoHee, gave Fany a new bottle of perfume Fany has been using for almost three years. SoHee saw that the old bottle was almost empty so she decided to buy Fany a new bottle. Fany appreciated their gift as she is able to save the efforts of going out and buying a new bottle for herself.  

The three musically talented sisters, SunYe, Suzy and JiEun, surprised Fany with a new dress they bought at the boutique they all frequented. It was the same dress JiEun wore at the ‘musical performance’, but in a different color. Taec, Khun and Woo noticed that it was the same dress and the three of them laughed. The others thought they were weird but JiEun who knew it also laughed a little. They sent signals to each other, saying to keep it hushed, which made the atmosphere in the room a little awkward. They ignored the four and asked Fany to change into the dress. Upon seeing Fany in the dress, Woo said something he shouldn’t have, “my JiEun still looks cuter than you in that dress.” Taec, Khun and JiEun immediately hit Woo with their bare hands. The others had their eyes on them and Woo quickly made an excuse by saying that the three men saw JiEun try the dress before buying it from the boutique.

When JunSu’s turn came, he put out his phone and played a demo song he prepared. It was a slower version of the song ‘Hot’ that he was going to produce for a new idol group. He sang half of the song and directed it to the celebrant.

~~~OH my god she is so fine

Nareul miso jitge haneun nunuseum

Jeo pureun nun dwi sumeo itteon sungyeolhan neoeui maeum

Neoreul saenggakhamyeon jjaekkak jjaekkak

Heulleo ganeun shigan neomu ppalli ga

Geudae hyanghan nae mam araju~o badaju~o YEAH

 

Geudaeeui nunbichi nae gaseumeul jeok shineyo

Eojjeom johtae nado mollae

Eolguri ppalgaejineun geonde

Geud

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter