Chapter 24: Genie

LOVE NEVER SLEEPS (My Heart's Candy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“By the way, what are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be in class?” Taec asked the girl who was wrapped in his arms.

“Yup, but I was worried about you.”

“Huh? Worried about what?”

“I had a bad dream then I called you and you were not answering, just like in my dream. So I thought something wrong is happening, then I went here as fast as I could.”

“Then you told me you love me. You’re weird.”

“I’m NOT weird.” She said while she hit his arm. “It’s because I dreamt about you leaving me and not even telling me that you’re going.”

“Babo-yah, how’s that possible? If I’ll leave, you’ll be the first one to know and also the last one I’ll hug.”

“But in my dream, you went to the army and supposedly, you have informed us. However, I can’t remember you telling me. So I was really frustrated in that dream. It worried me so much that it made me go here as soon as I woke up. I haven’t had breakfast you know!” she expressed her worry with aegyo.

“Wait, so that dream of yours made you skip school, skip breakfast and confess to me.”

“Yes, so you better be thankful that I love you that much.” Fany said as she pinched his cheeks.

“Kaja!” Taec pulled Fany’s hand and help her stand from the sofa.

“Where?”

“Breakfast then school.”

“Sirheo! I want to stay with you all day.” She again showed aegyo while hugging his waits tightly. Taec was no-match with his girlfriend’s aegyo and allowed her to stay until he finishes work.

“But you need to have breakfast.”

“There’s a cafeteria downstairs. I’m just going to buy some take-out and eat here so that you can finish your work earlier.” Taec nodded as she happily walked out of the room. Even though Fany was already outside, Taec can’t help to smile ear to ear. He’s so happy that his best friend is now his girlfriend.

“Yah, Ok-sajangnim.” EunJung waved her hand in front of Taec’s foolishly smiling face. Because of his happy day dreaming, he did not notice EunJung knock at the door or even approach him and call his name.

“Ah, EunJung-ah, why?”

“So this what love does to the great Ok-sajangnim. Here are documents for you to sign.” She handed him the papers and he browsed the first folder. “Isn’t she leaving for school?”

“She doesn’t want to.”

“But don’t you have a meeting with the Finance department later?”

“Ah, I forgot about that. Can you reschedule it please? I just want to keep her company today.”

“Arasseo, but I’m reminding you not as a friend but as a colleague, keep in mind that you are the President of this company and in the future you’ll be the CEO. So don’t forget your duties as a businessman.”

“Don’t worry, I know how to balance my life.” He said and EunJung headed towards the door. “By the way, EunJung-ah, better tell the others to call her Madam from now on.” He said with a smile and the woman also replied with a surprised smile.

When EunJung got back to her desk, she at once posted the ‘new policy’ at the company’s Employee Forum. And in less than a minute, the thread gained more or less a hundred comments; comments of congratulations and envy.

Fany was walking back to the elevator when she felt a weird vibe around her. Employees kept staring at her and they were whispering things. Some employees bowed to her longer and lower than usual and other were also calling her Madam. She rode the elevator with other employees and they were acting unusually. Before, they would gossip with each other even if she’s around, but now the entire elevator was silent. The doors opened and she prepared to step out. As soon as she set foot outside the elevator, the employees inside the elevator all bid her goodbye while bowing and shouting “Have a nice day, Madam!”

As she arrived Taec’s office, EunJung greeted her as “Madam” and also congratulated her. The other secretary, JangWoo also did the same. She assumed it was a greeting for her birthday and accepted their congratulatory messages.

“Welcome back, Madam. Have a nice breakfast.” Taec greeted Fany as she stepped inside his office.

“Wait a minute, what did you call me?”

“Madam.”

“So that’s what this is all about. Did you tell your employees to call me Madam?” She asked and he nodded with a mischievious smile. She approached him and punched his arms continuously. ”Tell them to stop it or else I’ll, I’ll not see you or take your calls for a week.”

“You sure about that? You can seriously spend a week without communicating with me?”

“Uggghhhh!!! Just tell them to stop! It’s embarrassing!”

“You’re embarrassed to be my girlfriend? My Madam?”

“Please stop calling me that! We’ve been together for less than 24 hours and you’re already telling your employees to call me ‘Madam’. How’s that not embarrassing?”

“You need to get used to it as soon as possible anywa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter