Chapter 47: Even If You Leave Me

LOVE NEVER SLEEPS (My Heart's Candy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was 3:30 in the morning and all the poor man could hear is the siren of the megaphone, almost breaking his ear drums. He understood what the siren meant and stood on his feet saluting to his “commanders”.

“Good morning, sir!” He greeted almost fully awake.

“You have 2 minutes to change your clothes, get outside and get on your palms!” Taec strictly instructed.

After the allotted time, he reached outside to see his four commanders standing straight, looking at him with intimidating stares. In no time, he was already doing a hundred push ups, doing duck walks and jumping thr rope on cold, somewhat snowy ground. After he was done with the three tasks, Taec told him to take off his shirt and he was really dumfounded but he had no choice to adhere instructions. He jogged up the hills with no shirt, fighting with the cold weather of Jejudo. After a few laps around the hills of the resthouse village, Khun handed him a rope tired onto a big tire.

“You have ten seconds to pull that tire from here...” Jay pointed at the porch of the rest house, “...to there...” he then pointed to the neighnoring rest house’s porch which was about 30 meters away.

“If you fail, you have to do it all over again...” JunSu informed as he held the timer.  

“I think I could handle that...” SeulOng muttered as he wrapped the ropes on his hands and bare shoulders. He was about to start running when he felt the tire get heavier than before. He looked back and his jaw almost dropped to the floor. There he was, the devil commander sitting comfortably over the tire, smirking at Seulong.

“I forgot... you have to pull Taec with you...” Jay grinned.

All he could do was to sigh. No way would these men go easy on him. He prepared himself and as soon as JunSu gave his signal, he charged towards the other porch. He put all his energy in but he still failed. How could he succeed in ten seconds when he’s pulling an 80kg load 30 meters away? After several tries, he was almost drained out and Khun was about to announce the poor man’s defeat as he lied steadily on the ground, when he suddenly stood.

“Who says... I’m giving up?” He panted and grabbed the ropes again. He charged forward and as if the entire Earth gave all its energy to him, he reached the finish line in just a little over ten seconds.

“Ten seconds 32...” JunSu announced. “So I guess you failed again then...”

“No, let’s have him pass... if he did it like this the first time, he would have succeeded in less than ten seconds...” Taec announced as he stood from the tire.

“Congratulations then...” Khun and Jay shook SeulOng’s hand.

“Now, I guess it’s time for your last test...” Taec informed him and he sighed of relief. He couldn’t stand doing these hateful tests for another day.

“You’re the one in charge of breakfast... At this point, I don’t care how you’d get your ingredients... You may catch yourself a fish from that pond...” Taec pointed at the common pond of the village. “...or spend your own money and buy from the supermarket... A man should be able to spend for his woman and use any means to feed her... However, you are not allowed to buy cooked meals... You should be personally cooking and I would be at the kitchen counter staring at you...”

SeulOng gulped at the thought of Taec burning holes at him as he would try his best cooking them a meal.

“Breakfast is served at 7:30am so you have two hours left to prepare the meal... You choose whether you take a shower first or get down the kitchen smelling of sweat...” Taec informed before walking towards his house. “We’ll be inside waiting for you...” He turned back before proceeding inside with the other three commanders.

SeulOng wore his shirt back and went to his room, taking his wallet with him. He knows that he would get additional points if he would catch fresh fish, but it would take a longer time if he did, so he decided to go to the supermarket instead. Those men would be more pissed if breakfast was late, anyways. After about forty minutes, he came back and rushed to the kitchen. Honestly, he doesn’t know how and what to cook, so he settled with porridge with carrots and onions, kimchi, egg roll, seaweed, buttered toast and apples.

Taec recorded all SeulOng’s little actions in the kitchen. Taec was not a great cook as GaIn but he is still knowledgable in cooking. And after an hour of cooking and examining, breakfast was done. Khun, JunSu and Jay went upstairs to call on the others, while Taec did his initial taste test. Jay was about to wake up Chan and his roommates, when the typical bear-like Channie opened the door with eyes still closed and followed the smell of breakfast.

The rest of the hungry people also followed to the dining room and living room and had their seats. SeulOng was serving them one by one when Channie began eating porridge from the pot with his eyes still closed. His eyes opened slightly and looked at what he was eating.

“Sulli-ah... it’s been a while since you cooked this again...” Channie remarked and continued filling his stomach.

“I didn’t cook oppa... I think it was SeulOng oppa...” Sulli, seeing SeulOng wearing an apron, replied as he sat beside Chan.

“Geurae?” Chan smiled awkwardly and continued eating his meal in silence.

“Wow, it’s my birthday and I don’t even have a birthday cake for breakfast...” JunHo whined softly.

“Let’s just reserve that for later, and sweets are not that good for breakfast...” GaIn scolded.

After breakfast, Taec asked all of them on what they thought about the breakfast and with their reactions, it seemed that SeulOng had passed all tests and that he’s officially one of them. Two hours later, they were all done taking their turns in the showers. They all proceeded to the Teddy Bear museum. They also spent the afternoon together, strolling at the shores, horseback riding and enjoying the sunset.

All the while, Chan could see how the new man cared for SoHee as he gave her his jacket and wrapped his arm on her shoulder once in a while. He also held her hand everytime they were walking down rocky trails. He admits that was bitter with the new man getting close to his ex, but he was also hapy that the one taking care of SoHee now is a good man and that he won’t have to worry about having her cry over another relationship. He could see that the man won’t make her cry and now, h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter