Chapter 17: Palpitations (Du-Geun Du-Geun)

LOVE NEVER SLEEPS (My Heart's Candy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was raining heavily and all that can be heard inside the car were the sound of raindrops. WooYoung the radio and listened to his favourite radio station. He hummed with the songs playing and reacted to the smart comments of the DJs. The traffic light went red and he then looked at the girl at his right.

“JiEun-ah, I know that you are awake so stop pretending to be asleep.”

“Okay.” JiEun shortly replied.

“Where is Mr. Hong anyways?”

“His son had an emergency so he had to leave me.”

“I see. But i guess that Taec won’t let him go easily even though it was a reasonable excuse. So what did you do today?”

“I went to school and hanged out with my friends.”

“So you spent seven hours shopping for those?” he asked while pointing to the shopping bags in the backseat.

“No, we also watched a movie and had coffee.” She answered.

“Who did you go with?” he asked with bitterness as he changed gears.

“My friends.”

“I know. Which friends?”

“JiYoung, JiYeon, DongJun and MinHwan. Also, JiYoung’s friend TaeMin.”

“Are you close with that MinHwan?”

“Huh? Not really.”

“Really? You two seem close. He even accompanied you until your ride arrived and you two even shared a single iPod.”

JiEun thought to herself “Is he jealous? Why is he asking me about MinHwan? He’s just making me confused.”

“It was actually our first conversation in two years.”

“So how did the two of you meet?”

“We’re in the same class.”

“Oh. I think he likes you. Judging by the way he looked and smiled at you.”

“I don’t think so. He just likes to smile a lot. Oppa, let’s not talk about MinHwan anymore”

WooYoung just remained silent and concentrated on his driving. The radio played another song which JiEun hummed to.

~~~gomawoyo nareul saranghaejwoseo

geudael mannangeon jeongmal haenguniya


I I I want you (baby) I I I need you (baby)

gaseumi dugeun eolguri hwakkeun neoman bomyeon nan baboga dwae~~~

(♪♫Palpitations-Mazik Flow♪♫)

“Oppa, can I ask you something?” JiEun broke the silence

“Sure.”

“I have a crush on someone I’ve known for ten years. I don’t know when I started liking him but when I see him, I become happy. Do you think I should tell him?”

“Are you sure that you like him?”

“Yup. Remember the questions we asked Taec oppa about Fany Unni? Those made me realize that I just don’t like him, but I love him.”

“It depends. If you have the confidence and are willing to be hurt then maybe you should tell him.”

“But I don’t know if he has a girlfriend. He’s kinda a playboy.”

“Then ask him if he’s willing to have a commitment.”

“Okay.” JiEun took a deep breath and gathered every drop of courage she had. She waited for about three minutes before she opened again.

“Oppa, do you have a girlfriend?” she asked as the music accompanied her.

“No. Why do you ask?”

“Because I like you. I guess I also love you. More than friends or siblings.”

WooYoung got a shock and remained silent. He felt greater surprise as the song playing related his true feelings.

~~~gieongnani uri manhi eosaekhaetdeon cheot mannami

haneureul byeoldeullo gadeuk sunohasseotdeon geu bami

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter