Chapter 13: Love Light

LOVE NEVER SLEEPS (My Heart's Candy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“ChanSeong-ah, ppalli ireona (wake up quickly)!” WooYoung patted the thighs of the maknae.

“WooYoung-ah, go to a supermarket or a convenience store and buy some fresh bread and fruits. I think ChanSeong ate the fruits I saved last night.” Khun instructed as he gave ChanSeong a light hit at the back. WooYoung took his car keys and drove away.

“Hyung, why do we need to get up this early? We slept at midnight and we still need to get up this early in the morning? Look, it’s still 5am, I wanna sleep more” ChanSeong whined as he came out of the bathroom.

“Since you shared a room with us, you have no escape in preparing the breakfast for the girls.” Taec replied

“Why are the other guys still asleep? Won’t they help us as well?” ChanSeong continued.

“It will be too noisy if all of us are here outside preparing breakfast. The girls may wake up.” Taec answered as he handed ChanSeong a fishing rod, a pail and a fishing coat.

“Huh? What will I do with these?”

“Go to the lake and catch some fish. The ahjussi guarding the lake would guide you in which fish is better and which side of the lake has more fish. You better be able to catch at least two fishes by 6:30am, or else you won’t be able to eat again.” Taec instructed with a strong tone.

“Fine! But I’ll get revenge if I catch a cold” ChanSeong replied as he went out the house.

“Taec, we still have the hiking boots upstairs right? Why don’t we take them trekking after breakfast?” Khun exclaimed.

“Okay, but I don’t think the boots are enough for all of us. Let’s first ask them if they brought comfortable outfits for trekking. I doubt Ga-In brought any long pants.” He replied

The two continued making breakfast and did not talk much to keep the others from waking up. WooYoung came back with different kinds of bread as he forgot to ask which bread to buy. He also bought each of the girls’ favourite fruits to be sure. After a while, ChanSeong came back after successfully catching three pieces of trout. They cooked the trout in three ways; grilled, fried and stewed. Khun and Taec also prepared hotcake for Fany, full American style breakfast for SoHee and Suzy, and Korean breakfast (rice, kimchi soup and side dishes) for the others.

When the clock 7am, they went in the rooms and woke the others up. They washed their faces and their teeth and went down to have their breakfast.

“Wah, I can clearly see that you guys spent a lot of time and effort on the GIRLS’ breakfast huh! Fany has her favourite hotcakes, SoHee and Suzy have their toasts and scrambled eggs, while Ga-In, SunYe and JiEun have their soup and rice served in their bowls. I can also see that you plated theirs very well.” JunSu exclaimed while looking at the guys’ poorly set breakfast and the girls’ princess-like breakfast.

The girls’ breakfasts were properly set in front of their chairs, complete with utensils and beverages. On the other hand, the guys’ rice were scooped messily in the bowls so some grains were outside the bowl. The soup was still in the pot, implying that they should serve themselves. The juice was in the pitcher and the glasses were just placed on the table, which meant that they should pour themselves the drink.

“Isn’t this too much of a difference, hyung? You guys really treat them way better than us.” Kwon added.

“We didn’t know what you punks wanted so we just placed them like that. Isn’t it better? It’s like you’re having a buffet breakfast.” Taec wittily replied.

“Nice excuse punk. But I gotta say, these are delicious.” Jay replied as he munched on the breakfast the other four guys prepared.

Taec and Khun just smiled and joined in the dining table. They all ate their breakfast and Khun suddenly remembered something.

“By the way, do you guys want to go trekking?” Khun asked.

“Call!” they all shouted.

“But first of all, do you guys have outfits suitable for trekking? And backpacks for our things?” Taec interrupted. As Taec expected, all nodded except for Ga-In.  

“As I expected. Good thing I called my driver earlier and asked him to buy all of us trekking outfits. And for the record, those are not free, you all must pay me when we get back to Seoul.” Taec said as he pointed to the shopping bags lying beside the sofa.

When they were done eating, they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter