Chapter 46: You Were Mine

LOVE NEVER SLEEPS (My Heart's Candy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Okay... so...what were you guys up to before we came?” Channie spoke.

“Nothing much.., well we were going to test Im SeulOng-ssi here... just some initiation, you know... the thing you’ve also been through...” Khun answered.

“That reminds me... Taec, when would we be starting?” Jay asked.

“We are supposed to start now.., but with all these, I think the plans have been delayed...” Taec replied.

“Oh, I’m sorry... I guess we’ll just catch up later hyung... By the way, do you need some help with the initiation?” Channie asked, hoping the hyungs would allow him to. He would also like to see if the man was worth for SoHee.

“Nah, we can handle this... Just accompany Sulli... she must be happy to see Jejudo...” Taec answered.

“Okay...” Chan smiled though inside, he was a bit disappointed. But he understood that someone must accompany Sulli, and he’s the only one she’s comfortable with. “So, where are we heading?” he asked the girls.

“We were thinking of going to the tea farm and warm ourselves up... what do you think?” Sun replied.

“I think that’s a great idea... maybe I can get some ideas for the company while I’m there...“ Chan expressed.

“Oppa, we came here to get your mind off work and now you’re still thinking about the company?” Sulli pouted while tugging at his sleeves.

“I know... I’m sorry...” Chan smiled at her cuteness and patted her head.

“Ehem... so, let’s go?” SoHee initiated wanting to escape the cheesy atmosphere.

“Bye, baby!” “Bye, love!” Fany and Vic said goodbye to their boyfriends and the men replied with a kiss on their girlfriends’ lips.

All the women left for the tea farm together with JunHo, Woo, Channie, Kwonnie and KyuHyun. As the door closed, Taec turned around and his face turned from one with a smile into one with a serious commander, sadistic and military captain aura. SeulOng, the target of the day, also turned his smile upside down upon seeing the not-so-friendly dongsaengs in front of him.

“So, SeulOng-ssi, I heard that you were the captain of your junior high soccer club and also the current quarterback at SNU... so I’m not going easy on you in any way...” Taec started with a scary tone. “I know that you are already physically fit, but I just want to confirm that with, you know.., just a little more intense training... so are you ready for it?” Taec added still in a scary tone.

“Yes...” SeulOng answered.

“Call us sirs! Now, on attention!!!” Taec shouted in the living room.

“Sir. Yes. Sir.” SeulOng obeyed.

“Now about face!” He continued and the man turned around. “March forward to the yard!” He instructed and SeulOng headed outside the yard. The commander and co-commanders followed him to the yard.

“Let’s start with basic physical training. On the floor and give me a hundred!” Taec yelled and he immediately faced the grass floor. JunSu counted the push-ups while Khun kept track of the time. Jay and Taec on the other hand, kept on yelling at the man, correcting his posture or annoying him with some offensive remarks. Jay stood beside him with a smirk as JunSu reached the count of 50.

“What the hell!!!” SeulOng yelped as someone sat on his back giving him a lot more weight to carry. It was Jay sitting on his back with his legs up in the air, making SeulOng push up more or less 70kg, in addition to his own weight.

“What did you say?!?!!!” Taec yelled at him as the commanding officer stooped down to SeulOng’s eye level.

“Nothing, sir!” He responded still having a difficult time pushing up Jay. Khun and JunSu continued timing and counting while Taec continued yelling at him and Jay making him sweat a bucket.

After a few minutes of struggling and slow push ups, SeulOng was done with his hundred counts. The commanders were surprised at the stamina of the man but also feeling bad that he completed the mission. They wanted him to lose since they were loyal brothers to Channie and seeing SoHee with another man did not seem right for them, though seeing Channie with another woman was a bit fine (weird men).

“Now, for your next stamina mission... lie on the floor!” Taec commanded and he followed. “Do some sit-ups... but you’re not going to do normal sit ups...” he continued as Khun locked SeulOng’s legs and Jay stood behind Khun with what seemed like a sketchbook. JunSu remained on the sides with a timer on his hand.

“Sit-ups combined with mathematical test... you are to answer the problems that Jay’s going to flash... we are not going to dictate the questions... you must look at them yourself... don’t worry, they are easy questions... no functions, or calculus of some sort... just the basic ones... Do you understand?!” Taec instructed.

“Sir. Yes. Sir!” SeulOng replied before lying on his back with his hands on the back of his neck. He started his sit-ups as soon as Taec yelled “start”.

The questions were indeed simple at the start with basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division questions. But as he reached the seventh one, there were already parentheses, brackets and braces. He took more or less ten sit-ups to accomplish one question with his mental math skills. The sketchbook ended with the fifteenth question and he was exhausted as hell. SeulOng was dumbfounded on how mean and crazy this group of men are. Sure there were no sines or cosines or functions, but there was a “solve the value of the missing angle” and “solve the length of the missing side of the triangle”. He had to do the Pythagorean formula in his mind while he was doing sit-ups.

“You can have your fifteen minute break...” Taec told the man.

“Good. They still have mercy...” SeulOng thought to himself as he wiped himself with a towel.

“How did he do?” Taec asked JunSu softly.

“He’s actually doing well... Better than I expected, actually...” JunSu responded as he showed Taec the pad where he kept the record time of SeulOng. Taec just sighed looking at the man as he gulped a bottle of water.

“What’s that supposed to be?” SeulOng asked. The commanders were setting up the next test when SeulOng returned at the yard.

“A high bar?” Khun answered in a ‘can’t-you-see-what-this-is’ tone.

“Now, come here...” Taec instructed as he checked the bars one last time.

“I have one minute left...” SeulOng replied which resulted to Taec raising his eyebrow.

“Actually you have 52 seconds left...” JunSu retorted.

“I’ll just explain this to you... Chin-ups and you need to press the bell 45 times... Got it?” Taec instructed.

“Sir. Yes. Sir.” SeulOng saluted. He started the mission immediately while Jay and Khun held the poles for safety reasons. JunSu on the other hand was timing him while Taec counted in his commander posse. After 6 minutes and 22 seconds, he was able to finish 45 chin-ups, which again surprised the four men.

“Now it’s the last mission of the first test...” Taec spoke and JunSu suddenly jumped behind SeulOng, making him piggyback the other. “Now, you are going to do fifteen rounds around this yard with him on your back, WHILE doing duck squats... understood?!” He added and SeulOng had the what-the-hell face but still squatted in preparation to the mission.

“But that’s not all! I want to hear something..., you’re from the Arts College right? Sing something for me...” Taec added as soon as he felt that the mission is quite easy for the man. SeulOng started walking in duck squats while singing a nursery rhyme.

“A nursery rhyme? Really?” Taec said with an annoyed expression.

“That’s the only... thing I can... sing right now! My diaphragm’s... being squeezed... as of the moment... aghhh...” SeulOng responded with a struggle. Khun was still timing it while Jay was laughing at how the two men on the ground looked. After some rounds, his energy really depleted as he went slower and sometimes stopping or crawling, in which Taec would yell at him. He was able to complete the test within 28 minutes and he was again given a 15-minute break.

“You did well, SeulOng-ssi...” Taec complimented coldly.

“Are we finished?” SeulOng asked still catching his breath.

“Are you kidding me? We are just getting started dude...” Jay answered smugly with a short chuckle.

“Here! Carry this...!” Taec instructed as he handed him a large flag with a metal 2inch diameter and 6ft long pole.

“What’s this?” SeulOng asked as he looked at the flag he’s now carrying. “Is this a Playboy flag?!”

“No it’s not!!!” Taec replied. “That’s our flag..., the Wild Bunnies flag...”

“What?!” SeulOng spoke before bursting out some laughs.

“Yah!!! Stand on attention!” Taec yelled and SeulOng immediately followed still keeping in his laughter.

“Told you the logo looked weird like a Playboy logo...” JunSu nudged Jay.

“No it’s not!! It’s cute and we have a cross beneath the bunny... Playboy doesn’t have one...” Jay defended proudly.

“Well, for the record..., the logo suits the name and the name actually suits your characters... wild bunnies...” SeulOng stated and was about to laugh some more until he was stopped by the glares of the four men.

“Let’s leave that issue behind...” Taec spoke. “For your endurance test, you are to carry this flag with the end of the pole not dropping beneath your hips... You are to raise it properly like a cadet... the flag should be in 60 to 80˚ angle and you are not to shift your grip on the pole... You are to carry it as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter