Chapter 41: Winter Child

LOVE NEVER SLEEPS (My Heart's Candy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

December 24, 2011, 7pm...

The group met at Kwon’s apartment for the Christmas Eve party. All of them were already there except for the Khuntoria couple. Moments later, Taec received a call from Khun saying that he needs Taec and Woo’s help at the parking area. The two went down and after a few minutes, the four came back with their hands filled with paper bags.

“Woah, did you guys bring your whole house?” Jay joked as they walked in.

“What’s with all those paper bags?” JunSu asked.

“They’re Christmas presents from the Khuntoria couple.” WooYoung answered for them as they placed the bags down on the floor.

“I thought we all agreed not to give Christmas presents to each other anymore?” Kwon commented.

“That’s right, we stopped giving few years ago... that’s unfair, we didn’t prepare anything for you guys...” JiEun added.

“It was all Vic’s idea...” Khun responded while Vic just flashed a big smile.

“It’s just that it’s my first Christmas with you guys and I just wanted to give something...” Vic grinned.

“Does that mean we need to give something in return?” GaIn asked as she walked out of the kitchen. Kwon quickly took the plates off her hands and placed it down on the dinner table before she went back to her kitchen.

“No no no...” Vic strongly answered. “No need to... it’s just a way of thanking you guys for accepting me to the group...”

“No need to thank us... We’re the ones who need to thank you for making Khunnie happy...” JunSu replied.

“And making oppa disappear from my sight more often...” Suzy teased as she came back from the kitchen. The group giggled while Suzy stuck out her tongue and Khun replied with a glare.

“Let’s talk about the gifts later... so what are you guys doing? Need any help on something?” Khun asked.

“The guys were playing video games while we were preparing dinner. But dinner’s almost done anyways.” SunYe answered as she continued setting the table.

“Dinner’s done!” Fany and GaIn cheered as they both came out of the kitchen with their hands full. Their boyfriends quickly helped them with the plates as they went back and fro to the kitchen.

“Jalmeokge-seumnida...” they all thanked the food before digging in.

“Wah, this is so yummy, noona!” JunHo complimented GaIn’s spicy chicken stew.

“Yah! Did I ever cook anything that’s not delicious?!” GaIn retorted which left everyone giggling.

“GaIn-ah, Fany-ah, sorry I wasn’t able to help with the dinner...” Vic apologized.

“It’s okay... Khun told us that you stayed up all night yesterday and was still tired the whole morning...” Fany sincerely assured her.

“Eh? Stayed up all night? Tired? What did you two do?” Jay slyly grinned and asked.

“Yah! Quit thinking what you’re thinking!” Khun threw a ball of tissue at him.

“Why? Do you know what I was thinking?” Jay teased as he threw the tissue back.

“With your expression, it must be something y again!” He threw the tissue to Jay again.

“What? I wasn’t thinking about that... I was thinking that you two might have played badminton all night... See, you were the only one with y thoughts!” Jay threw it back.

“Aish, liar...” Khun said as he threw it again.

“Aish, stop it you two...!” JunSu took the tissue that has been flying in front of his face, from Jay’s hand when he was about to throw it back to Khun again.

“So what were you doing last night?” Kwon asked.

“We were wrapping the gifts...” Vic answered while the rest just nodded.

“Huh? You could just have bought paper bags and package them, or ask the stores to gift wrap them...” JunHo questioned.

“It lacks sincerity if you do it that way, right Vic unnie?” Suzy said.

“Ne, that was also what Khun said but I wanted to give more efforts in these presents...” Vic replied.

“Amuteun, komawo Victoria-ssi...” Taec thanked and the rest followed.

They continued enjoying their dinner and afterwards they cleaned the living room. While waiting for the clock to strike 12 midnight, they had desserts, after dinner snacks and wine to keep them company as they chatted with each other.

“Yeobo! Mwohaneungeoya?!!” Kwon snapped at GaIn who had a wine glass on her hands. The rest got a shock at Kwon’s sudden yell and kept their eyes at the two as the couple stared at each other. GaIn just gave him a confused look and he replied with pointing at her wine glass filled hand.

“Omo... I’m sorry... I forgot yeobo-ya...” GaIn placed the wine glass down on the table and hugged Kwon to calm him down.

“What was that?” Jay asked his brother.

“Nothing...” Kwon replied.

“That was not nothing, Kwon-ah... You suddenly snapped and you two communicated in a language that only you two understood...” JunSu added.

“I just didn’t want her to drink too much... you know how she gets when she’s drunk... I don’t want my vases or appliances to break just like last time...” Kwon explained with an awkward smile but the rest seemed to accept his explanation as they just nodded.

They continued waiting for midnight to come. Vic passed around the ddeok (rice cake) that she bought with Khun and when it reached GaIn, she felt weird. Her insides seemed to want to come out as she covered and ran to the bathroom. Kwon ran after her leaving the rest at the living room dumbfounded.

“Is it spoilt?” Vic asked herself as she sniffed the box of ddeok. “It tastes alright, what happened to her?” she added as she bit a small piece.

The girls followed GaIn to the bathroom but she was already on her way out. Kwon continued to pat her back as he held her by the waist. Woo filled a glass with warm water and handed it to Kwon.

“Noona, are you okay?” Taec asked and she replied with an ‘okay’ gesture.

“Are you sure you’re okay? Did you eat something bad?” Khun asked.

“She’ll be fine. Let’s just put this away shall we?” Kwon responded as he closed the box of ddeok and put it on the kitchen counter.

“Unni, seolma...” Fany mumbled.

“Omo, unni...!” SunYe beamed with excitement as she understood Fany’s assumption.

“Mwo, mwo, mwo?” JunHo curiously and eagerly asked.

“With the wine and the ddeok... unni, are you...?” SoHee asked.

“Yah! Could you please finish your sentences? What’s with the suspense?!” JunHo snapped.

“Unni, seolma, are you pregnant?” the three girls asked simultaneously. WooYoung and JunSu choked on their drinks while the couple in question remained silent avoiding eye contact with the rest.

“Yah, Park JoKwon!!! Is it true?” Jay asked but he still remained mummed with his head low.

“Yah, Kwon-ah, ppali daedaphae!!!” JunSu ordered but he just stared at them blankly.

“You better answer us right now, or I’ll reveal your kkap video from when we were kids!” Taec blackmailed Kwon with his hands threateningly massaged the younger one’s shoulders.

“Fine! Please stop that hyung! You’re freaking me out!!!” Kwon slapped Taec’s hands away and moved closer to GaIn. “Yes, we’re pregnant...” He admitted. After a few seconds of silence, the rest cheered with the good news.

“Congratulations Unni!!!” “Congratulations GaIn-ah!” The girls squealed as they hugged GaIn tightly and felt her still invisible baby bump.

On the contrary, the guys were jokingly beating Kwon up. “How can you not tell us about this, huh?! I’m your brother dude!” Jay pinched his nose and lightly hit his arms.

“How can you knock someone up before marriage, huh?! Don’t you respect your woman?!” Khun lectured him as he ruffled Kwon’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter