Chapter 1: Angels

LOVE NEVER SLEEPS (My Heart's Candy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The night of May 22, 2011 was a regular Sunday night for a lot of people, but it was a special night for at least a thousand people in South Korea. One hotel ballroom in Seoul was filled with many people, illuminated with colourful lights, draped with pink, purple and white cloth, and accompanied with good music.

“May we invite the parents of the debutantes to the stage, and share a few words with us.” A man wearing a suit and holding some cue cards announced to the microphone.

Two men and two women wearing suits and gowns took the spotlight while everyone in the audience applauded. The man wearing a red and black suit started his speech.

“Though I am not her real father, I saw JiEun and her siblings grow up. I was beside them and my sister after their father passed away. I remember promising myself and my sister that I will always be by their side forever, that I will take NamYong hyung’s place as their father. I vowed that I will treat TaecYeon, SunYe and JiEun as my real children, and the same why I treat my two mischievous boys. JiEun was still a baby when hyung passed away, and she only knew her father through pictures, cassette tapes and videos that we took when he was still alive. I really pitied JiEun for that, but never did she show us that she needs to be pitied. She grew up strong, independent and abnormally mature for her age. I swear that when I see her, it is like seeing a 25 year old girl who even reprimands her older brothers. To be honest, I am proud of myself for being able to successfully take care of five children, and I am proud of them for growing up so well. Thank you so much kids for not being a headache for me and your mom, unlike my own sons (laughs, and the audience laughs too). Everyone who attended this event and wished the girls a “happy birthday”, thank you so much and I hope that you guys can help take care of our baby JiEun. Once again, JiEun ah, happy 18th birthday and we love you so much”

Jin Young ended his long speech and passed the microphone to the woman on his left. The woman in lavender gown was now preparing for her speech.   

“Just as what my brother had said, I am very proud of you my precious baby, and I know that your dad is also proud of you. You grew up so well, even though I was not able to take care of you that much because of work. I am really sorry if you did not have the childhood the normal kids had. You became so independent at such a young age and you did not even cry when I missed almost all your parent teacher meetings when you were young. I am really sorry and thankful as well, to have a daughter like you.  Happy Birthday baby, and thank you for growing up to be so lovable and wonderful. I also thank everyone who has loved and supported my JiEun and I hope that you will continue being there for my baby. I also want to reach out my gratitude to my great friends, YongJun and JiAh for being beside me through all these years”

After the speech of JiEun’s uncle and mother, it was the turn on the other celebrant’s parents to give their speech.

“First of all, I want to thank everyone for attending JiEun and Suzy’s birthday party. I also want to thank everyone who have cared for my daughter, I am really grateful f you guys for being part of my daughter’s life. Lastly, I want to thank JinYoung hyung, YeJin-ee, NamYong hyung and the rest of the Ok and Park family for helping us in nurturing our daughter, and also our son Khun.” YongJun then passed the mic to JiAh

“As my husband just said, thank you very much. I don’t have much to say as you guys already know much about my daughter and our family. Our lives have been an open book to you guys and I don’t think that I still need to say anything more than a million ‘thank you s’ Thank you so much for being my daughter and thank you for being my daughter’s allies.”

She then passed the microphone to the MC and they proposed a toast to the debutantes. Everyone held their wine glasses upon the air and as the MC said “cheers” they all sipped their wine and applauded.  

The MC proceeded with the program and did an opening for the special performances for the two debutantes.

“Let us welcome, the Barbie Dolls Tiffany, SunYe, GaIn and SoHee as they sing a touching song for their friends.”

                        [SoHee]No mountain's too high for you to climb

All you have to do is have some climbing faith

No river's too wide for you to make it across

All you have to do is believe it when you pray

                        [GaIn] And then you will see the morning will come

And every day will be bright as the sun

All of your fears cast them on me

I just want you to see

                        [Fany] I'll be your cloud up in the sky

I'll be your sho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter