Chapter 10: Goodbye Baby Goodbye

LOVE NEVER SLEEPS (My Heart's Candy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taec opened his eyes and saw his right hand over Fany’s waist. He removed his right hand and placed it over Fany’s left hand. He held her hand softly as he admired Fany’s angelic sleeping face. He reached for her head and tucked Fany’s hair behind her ear.

“Good Morning oppa” Fany suddenly smiled and greeted the man beside her as he caressed her hair.

“Did you have a good sleep?” Taec asked as he pinched Fany’s cheeks.

“That hurts oppa, but yes I did have a good sleep. I feel so refreshed now” she replied as she stretched her arms after Taec released his hands from her cheeks.

Fany looked at the wall clock and quickly faced her oppa. “Oppa, it is already 10am, why are you still here?! It is a Thursday, don’t you need to go back to Incheon? Or to your office? Uncle JinYoung might get mad again for this.” Fany panicked while Taec slowly got up and walked to the comfort room to wash his face.

“Relax angel, Uncle JinYoung is in New York right now so he would not know if I did not go to work. My business in Incheon is almost done. I was supposed to come back to Seoul later today anyway. All there is left to do is to send the business plan to the investors, which I already told EunJung to do. Things in the office can be handled by WooYoung and the others, so there is no need for me to be physically present, which is why I asked him to help me file a one week leave of absence.” Taec replied as he washed his face and brushed his teeth. 

Fany just remained confused on why Taec would file a week long leave, but realized the reason behind as he walked out of the comfort room.

“Fany-ah, do you have an extra bath towel? I want to take a shower.”

“Oppa, you don’t have to do this.”

“Huh? I stink from sweat and vomit. I need a shower.”

“I don’t mean the shower. I mean the leave. I know that you are taking a leave because you want to comfort me. But you don’t really need to.”

“Babo-yah, I am not taking a leave just for you. My world doesn’t revolve around you, you know. I also need a rest that’s why I filed a week of leave. So hurry up and give me a bath towel” He replied in a teasing voice while ruffling her hair. Fany hugged Taec from the back before she went to get a towel for Taec.

Taec took a shower while Fany prepared brunch for the two of them. When Taec was done taking his shower, Fany took her turn to take a bath and left the cooking to Taec. Fany came out of the showers with a towel still wrapped around her hair. Taec pulled her to the dining table and both of them enjoyed the breakfast they both cooked. Hotcakes, scrambled egg, orange juice, fresh fruits and store bought hangover drink was already enough to make the two have a happy brunch time.

After they were done eating, Fany blow dried her hair and tied it into a side ponytail. She was surprised to see a backpack on her bed with her clothes and daily necessities. She went outside to ask Taec if it was him who prepared the bag, but saw Taec with his coat on, preparing to leave the apartment.

“Fany-ah, wait for me here. I’ll be back in an hour. By the way, check if the clothes I packed for you are alright, and if you need anything else. I’ll explain when I get back.”

Fany was unable to ask him anything as he rushed outside and all was left was the sound of the apartment door closing. Taec went downstairs and found his car already parked in front of the building entrance with his driver still waiting for him. He signalled his driver to go home and Taec drove his car away.

He stopped by his apartment building and went upstairs to his unit. He went to his room and opened one of his closets. He grabbed one black backpack and placed it on top of his bed. He went straight to his walk in closet and picked six sets of tees, pants, socks, one pair of sneakers and one pair of sandals. He put them all in the backpack and walked straight to his bathroom. He placed his necessities and hygienic products in a transparent pouch and put the pouch in the backpack. After checking the things inside the bag, he zipped it and changed his clothes to something more comfortable. He left his unit and stopped by a supermarket and bought some snacks. He drove back to Fany’s apartment with the big black backpack and two bags of groceries.

“I’m back” Taec said loudly as he went in the apartment.

“Oppa, where did you go? And what are those bags?”

“Ah, I wanted both of us to go on a short trip, so I bought some snacks. They are your favourites and my favourites. Dried mangoes, marshmallows, crackers, biscuits, potato chips, chocolates, instant ramen just in case, instant coffee, tea and hot chocolate and more.” Taec smiled as he showed Fany everything he bought.

“Oppa, you said it was a short trip, why did you buy so much? And where do you plan to go anyway? How about school? And how would I know if the things that you packed for me were enough if I don’t know where and how long the trip will be?” Fany replied with a b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter