Chapter 28: I Need a Boy

LOVE NEVER SLEEPS (My Heart's Candy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

annyeong, the chapter i updated got deleted, so here's it again... 

August 17, 2011

“What are taking those girls so long? Fany said that they’re almost here, but that was like ten minutes ago. It doesn’t take that long from ‘almost here’ to ‘here’. There won’t be anything wrong right?” Taec frustratedly expressed as he paced around.

“Yah, stop walking back and forth, you’re making me dizzy! They are with two teams of bodyguards, so don’t worry. And maybe they are stuck in traffic or are searching for a parking spot. So just sit down and relax.” Woo replied showing his cool side.

Taec sat for a few seconds, but started pacing around again. With this, Woo gave up on him and just continued sipping his coffee. After a few minutes, three girls and six men in black suits entered the cafe. The door chimes got the attention of Taec, and crossed his arms as he looked at the people who just entered. The girls went upstairs, while the six men stayed on the first floor, guarding the area.

“You better explain yourselves.” Taec said as he hugged them. He planted a kiss on Fany’s forehead, while Woo welcomed JiEun with a big hug and a kiss on the cheek. The girls took the seats on the inner couch, while the men sat on the outer chairs. In no time, the waiter approached their table and placed three mugs- black coffee, hot cocoa and chamomile tea- even though the girls did not order them.

“Thank you for knowing us very well.” Fany said to Taec who just replied with a smile.

“Oppa, how can you expect us not to be late, when you told us to meet you here at a time like this? Don’t you know that it’s now rush hour in Seoul?” JiEun explained.

“More so, you don’t have the right to complain since you cut our ‘pampering day’? We were supposed to also have our hair cut, but since you told us to be here on time, we had to changeour schedule on the last minute.” SunYe added.

“Fine, so did you enjoy Fany’s gift to you?” Taec asked.

“Of course, who would not enjoy an all expense paid pampering like that? Unni, komawo” SunYe replied to her brother and sister-in-law.

“How about you JiEun?” Woo asked.

“Not as enjoying compared to Unni.” She answered which shocked the others and worried Fany. “It is because Fany-unni didn’t pay mine.” She continued, while the others shook their heads and laughed.

“Yah! I’m still the one who would pay for that. Complain if I let you pay.” Taec reacted as he ruffled her hair. “And your birthday was long over, so Fany doesn’t need to treat you on an all expense paid pampering.” He added, which made the three people laugh again and JiEun stick her tongue out.

“Arasseo, I’ll pay for yours next time. What did you girls do anyway?” Woo consoled JiEun.

“Massage, manicure, pedicure, facial, and shopping” SunYe answered while she showed her beautifully polished nails.

“Shopping again? Why do girls love to shop? What did you shop for again? You better bought something useful and less expensive, or I’ll really cut your credit cards.” Taec asked with a worried face.

“Don’t worry oppa. We did not buy anything THAT expensive, just SLIGHTLY expensive. Not those European or American brands. You won’t be that shocked when you see our credit card bills.” JiEun replied with her aegyo.

Taec covered his face with his hands as if he was near bankruptcy. “WooYoung-ah, please marry my sister earlier. And help me find a RICH boyfriend for SunYe. Having one shopaholic angel is enough for me. I’m afraid that these girls would make me bankrupt in no time.” He said with a serious but funny face.

“Yah, is money really that important?” Fany ‘angrily’ asked Taec.

“Ani, our love is more important of course, but if I get bankrupted because of these girls, we may die earlier.” He replied.

“Aigoo, these two are really cheesy.” Woo reacted as he lightly slapped Taec’s arm. The rest just laughed as they agreed at his witty comment.  

“But oppa’s right. You guys need to find me a boyfriend. It’s weird being solo among a lot of couples. My siblings, classmates, friends, all of them have partners, except for me. It’s making me envious.” SunYe said with a sigh.

“Don’t worry. We have been considering some people. We’ll just introduce you after we have checked them.” Woo replied after sipping his coffee.

“Considering? Check?” Fany asked.

“The guys have been talking about it ever since last week, and we have come up with a list of possible candidates for SunYe and Suzy. We want everyone to be happily coupled before next year’s Valentine’s Day.” Taec explained.

“Then all of us thought of some people we know who satisfy our basic requirements and now we are in the middle of assuring their identities.”

“So like a background check?” JiEun asked and the two nodded.

“Is that legal? You’re not even from the government.” Fany added.

“Nothing wrong with being cautious. And if we did not do background checks, we would not know that some people who were on our list were actually not that good people.” Woo answered.

“What if SunYe and Suzy likes the same man from your list?” Fany asked.

“That’s not gonna happen. They have different tastes in men and with their personalities, there’s no one man that can possibly fall in love with the both of them. Just trust us. But if you have someone in your heart, just tell us, so we can also check on him.” Taec added with a sly smile.

“Nah, no one.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter