Chapter 33: Don’t Forget

LOVE NEVER SLEEPS (My Heart's Candy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

For the whole week, their group spent most of their time together. The young executives took vacation leaves from their work while the students filed sick absences. Luckily, JunSu’s cousin, JaeJung, is a doctor and they were able to get fake doctor’s medical reports and the deans did not even find it weird to have six students sick at the same time. At first, JinYoung was mad at them for leaving the companies for one whole week, but after realizing the group’s wish of having their last bonding moments, he finally agreed with a smile. He was proud that his kids and their friends value their friendship that much.

D-6 10:30am.

The group had decided to meet at JYPE building since GaIn had a schedule that ended right before lunch. ChanSeong was the first one to arrive at the building and he decided to have his last tour around.

He passed by the dance practice room and saw trainees sweating their bodies out. He remembered when he was still new to the group and they sneaked inside the building to have fun and dance their night away. They were caught in the end and were reprimanded harshly by JinYoung. It was at that time that he started becoming scared of the respected CEO.

He then passed by the recording room and saw JunSu working on something. He let out a smile before entering the room. He liked seeing his hyung being so serious for the last time. He knocked on the door and JunSu let him in.

“Hyung, what are you working on?”

“Nothing much, I’m just using my free time wisely.”

“Can I listen to it?”

“Sure. But it’s not yet finished, so I’m not sure if it’s good.” JunSu replied and he played the unfinished song. After about two minutes, the song was over.

“Hyung, can I ask you a favour?” ChanSeong asked and the older one nodded. “Can I have this? Consider this song as a farewell gift, can you?”

“Sure, anything for my dongsaeng. But, it’s not yet finished.”

“You can mail it to me after. But I want to be the one writing the lyrics. I just want the melody. I have always wanted to write a song but I’m not really musically talented so I would really appreciate it if you give this to me.”

JunSu just smiled sincerely and ChanSeong knew exactly what that meant. ChanSeong listened to it a few more times and was chatting with JunSu when the rest of the group arrived in his “office”. They went to Caribbean Bay and spent their time joking around, playing with the water and trying all water filled attractions. By the end of the day, they were all tired and they spent the night in Channie’s apartment.

 

 

D-5 9:00am.

They all woke up early and divided themselves into three groups: grocery, house cleaning and cooking. Kwon, Khun, JunSu, Jay and Suzy were the grocery team, while Taec, JunHo, WooYoung and JiEun were the chores team and GaIn, Fany, Vic, SoHee and SunYe were in the cooking team. Channie was told not to do anything and he was treated like a prince the whole morning.

After they had their brunch, they all went for a drive to Busan. They haven’t got enough of the refreshing waters of Korea and created memories in Haeundae. They had fun in the beach while the men were in their board shorts and the women in bikinis. JunSu helped Channie keep their precious moments as he just sat on the beach chair, taking pictures with Channie’s digicam while sipping his beer and listening to his iPod.

They spent the night at WooYoung’s residence in Busan and there they continued having fun while playing games and having a barbecue party.

 

 

D-4 1:00pm

The group had just finished their dwaeji kukbap and fresh seafood-filled lunch and were already on their way home with the fresh fish and octopus the men caught that early morning. They decided to have dinner with their parents in the Ok Mansion. The parents were there waiting in the living room when their kids arrived; Taec’s mom, JinYoung, Khun’s and Woo’s parents, SoHee’s, GaIn’s and JunSu’s moms.

They had dinner in the Ok’s long and grand dinner table and ate the seafood the kids brought back from Busan. During the dinner, the parents took the chance of knowing Vic more, and upon meeting their possible daughter-in-law, Khun’s parents immediately grew fond of her and told Khun not to let her slip away.

After dinner, they spent more time with their almost adopted-like son Channie and expressed their worries and sadness on the male maknae leaving immediately. They all treated him like their real son, since his dad and stepmom had always been in Japan and his mom died when he was still a toddler. He also grew up without any parent-figure, aside from the ahjumma and the butler at his former residence. It was in his friends’ parents that he felt how a parent cares for her/his son. They all didn’t want to cry but ended up failing as they reminisced their family bondings. Though they were not all blood-related their friendship has strengthened into one closer than a real family.  

 

 

D-3 6:00pm

The group just spent their day in CoEx and noraebang in Gangnam. But ChanSeong wanted to spend more time with only his hyungs and so they went to a club they frequented in HongDae. But instead of dancing, they just stayed inside the private room and had their drinks while having heart to heart talks.

“Hyung, why did you accept me in your group before? I was two years younger than you, you didn’t actually know me and I wasn’t a family friend either. Did you do a background check on me?”

“Nah, I’m just a friendly person.” Taec answered.

“I know, but I am the only one here who’s not your cousin, or a family friend or a high school classmate. I was already in your group before I met SunYe.”

“I just had a feeling that you’d be one good dongsaeng. When I first saw you, I was reminded of myself; a dork but a smart one. Then you started following us, and I knew that you were loyal. So I decided to be friends with you and treat you like a younger brother.”

“More like a disciple.” Khun responds and chuckles. “You two are so alike. Smart dorks who change 180 degrees and becomes serious when it comes to family or the company.” He continues and everyone agrees.

“I remember Taec being the class clown since high school, but he always surprises the professors by topping the exams. Then after going in the company, he became more serious, which we also see in you Chan-ah.” Woo added.

“But I did do a background check on you.” Taec replied which had everyone surprised and laughing. “But that’s when you were already on a relationship with SoHee.I didn’t want you hurting my sister’s friend and so I just wanted to make sure that you were from a good family and had no records of breaking girls’ hearts.”

“But I’m breaking her heart right now.” The bright mood suddenly died down.

“Chan-ah, don’t think of the bad things that would be happening. Concentrate on making the last two days worthwhile with her.” JunSu consoled the maknae.

“What do you plan after breaking up with her?” Jay asked and JunSu smacked him at the back of his head.

“I just told him not to think of bad things and you ask that, really Jay?!” JunSu continued.

“It’s okay, hyung. I don’t know. We haven’t talked about that much after that night. I didn’t want to ruin her mood. But I want her not to be held back by our soon-to-be-past relationship and continue finding someone who can stay by her side forever. I don’t want her to wait for me since I don’t know when and if I’m coming back.”

“It’s not easy to let go of someone you loved, Chan-ah.” Kwon spoke up.

“I know. It won’t be easy for me too, but I don’t want to hold her back.” Chan continued and the others just nodded silently, saying that they understand how he feels. “Hyung, if someone shows attention to SoHee, can you please tell me?”

“So you can come back and beat the hell out of that punk?” Jay joked which made the maknae smile a little.

“Ani, so that I can prepare myself to see her with someone else.”

“Don’t worry, we’ll do. And don’t forget to contact us every single day, okay?” Khun responded.

“Also, can you screen him for me? Just to make sure that she’s in better hands. Make sure that he’s better than me, so I won’t worry about coming back and snatching her away.”

“We’ll sure do, even if you don’t tell us, we would surely do. We would give him tougher training than what we did to you.” WooYoung chimed in.

“Yeah, I remember that. Those physical trainings were no joke. But thanks to you guys, I became muscular to the point that I’m always mistaken as a trainer in the gym.” Chan replied and made the mood bright again.

“Chan-ah, I’m going to miss you.” JunHo finally spoke as he hugged the giant maknae.

“Me too, I’ll miss you all.” Channie replied as he broke into tears. With him, the others also had watery eyes as they joined the hug. They broke the hug after a few seconds and just stared at Channie, as if they were memorizing every detail of his face. After a few minutes, Khun held up his glass, and proposed a toast. He represented his brothers and gave a farewell speech to Channie. At the end of his speech, they all shouted their special cheer, “Don’t Stop, Can’t Stop, Wild Bunnies-go!!!” Then they sipped their drinks and sat back on the sofa.

They continued chatting while JunHo remained silent most of the time. He thought to himself, “Although I’ve been with them not long enough, I have found the brotherhood that I would want to be part of till the end of my life. I initially hated my dad for sending me here in Korea alone, but I now thank him that I found the people I would want to die with. This brotherhood would accept every drop of blood I have and every part of me. This brotherhood would protect me and stay with me till our last breath. This brotherhood is tighter than my real family. This brotherhood is invincible.” JunHo finally snapped out of his thoughts when he heard a loud whine coming from Channie. He then let out a laugh when he saw his face covered in icing. The hyungs just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter