Chapter 58: Brothers and Me

LOVE NEVER SLEEPS (My Heart's Candy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“After nearly two months of investigations and court hearings, it has been decided by the high courts that siblings Cho KyuHyun and Im YoonA are guilty of the crimes they were accused of last April. Moreover, they have also been found guilty for fraud and bribery.

Mr. Cho is sentenced for 10 years in prison, a lesser period than what was previously suggested by the prosecutors, as he was found to be with psychological issues when he killed his friend Gong KiHoon and his parents. Whereas for Miss Im, she would be facing 4 years of jailtime and 2 years of social service. Kim YuBin reporting for Seoul Today.” All of them were focused on the television as the case has just been closed. 

They all have gone to court as witnesses and more people testified against the siblings, including Kang HoDong, Gong Family’s previous maid, the ahjumma and ahjussi they paid to pretend as their parents. The witnesses’ statements all made the siblings experience longer sentences in the end.

“I also can’t believe that their parents did not do anything to help their children…” Khun spoke as he placed down the newspaper on the table.

It was in today’s headlines that “the Im family will not be interfering with the case nor with the results of the investigations”. This was after Im YoonTaek, right after he arrived at Incheon airport, told the press that he would not be bailing out his daughter and would not help his adopted son in his life in jail.

“It’s to keep him safe from their bad reputation… I think that he’s decided on abandoning them now that they’re found guilty…” WooYoung stated.

“But the nerve of the mother… she was the one who made things like this right? I would understand that she would not help a person not bloodly related to her, but YoonA?” GaIn spoke.

“She was sly as a fox and backstabbed people without conscience… and why would you follow a sinking ship?” Suzy commented.

“Hey, I gotta go…” JunSu spoke.

“Where are you going?” JunHo asked.

“I need to buy some things… I’ll visit Mrs. Cho tomorrow at the center…” JunSu replied. “I found out that it’s her birthday tomorrow…”

“Why don’t we visit her together?” Fany suggested and received nods from the others.

“Really? You’re all free tomorrow?” JunSu confirmed.

“Sure… that’s the least we could do after she helped us with everything…” Taec smiled.

“I’ll buy the cake!” JiEun volunteered.

“We’ll buy the party materials…” Jay, Kwon and JunHo raised their hands.

“We’ll plan the food then” GaIn, SoHee and Fany spoke.

“Okay, let’s meet at the center by noon then?” JunSu stated and they all agreed before he walked away to buy some gifts for the elder woman.    

They all arrived at the home for the aged on time, with bulks of party materials which surprised the center’s attendants. They were lead to the common room and they prepared the place while the nurse went to get JungIn fro her room.

“Who are you all?” JungIn asked as she arrived at the common room filled with young adults she did not recognize.

“Omoni, don’t you remember us? We chatted about a month ago?” Kwon asked and the woman shook her head.

“Omoni…, we are friends of your son… he has told us that today’s your birthday…” JunSu stated and the woman smiled at once.

“Omoni, saengsin chukhahae!” they all greeted happily with a bow.

“I’m glad my son remembered… where did you say he was at?”

“He’s currently at a long business vacation… so he asked us to visit you in his place…” Khun excused.

“He’s still busy… like he was when he was at school…”

“Omoni, why don’t we start your birthday celebration?” Jay suggested and WooYoung and JiEun immediately brought the cake closer to the elder woman. They had lit five big candles and eight smaller ones for the woman to blow. They all clapped after she blew the flames away.

They placed a party hat on the woman and the rest of them followed. They started playing music that they thought the woman would like and divided up the birthday cake. They also started digging into their food as they also chatted with the woman.

“Aigoo-yah, my son is very cute isn’t he?” she asked Sun who was chatting with her. Sun followed the woman’s gaze and saw her looking at WooYoung. “Is that my daughter in law then?” she asked referring to JiEun. Sun only smiled awkwardly at the remark. She was memory lapses again as JunSu and Kwon had described back then.

“Yes he is, omoni…” she lowly muttered.

“Why are you taking a video?” Fany asked Taec.

“I just thought that KyuHyun might want to see his mom smiling and celebrating her birthday…” Taec responded and his fiancée smiled proudly.

“And this is why I love you so much… you generous giant…” she hugged and nuzzled to his chest as he continued filming the party.

“Ani.., I just want to piss him off, wouldn’t he be jealous to see this and regret that he’s missing all of these because he did so many bad things?” Taec paused the video filming, asking her with furrowed brows.

“Is that really the reason?” she asked and he just smirked back, not admitting that he had a forgiving heart even if he swore to his grave that he would make KyuHyun’s life miserable. Well, at least he won’t say from his own mouth that he forgives the man.

They continued the celebration and it was already sun down when they left the center. Their days followed peacefully and they were thankful that they are able to live their normal lives again after everything that happened.

“Why don’t we have a small celebration ourselves? Just us and our loved ones…” JunHo suggested. “Like a small thanksgiving party…” he grinned. The rest were not against the idea and they agreed to have it on the weekend.

The girls were mainly the ones who prepared for the party, they decided on the foods from the caterer and also managed to turn the Ok Mansion’s living room into a small party venue. At around 6pm, they’ve all arrived at the area and they invited all they’re life partners including the new business partner, Kim SooHyun and Lee JungShin, who just flew from Japan the other night. They were all dressed up and everyone mingled before JunHo, the acting MC for the night, opened up the party.

“Ladies and gentlemen, we are here today to give thanks to every good thing that turned out for us all… even if we are of different religions, I ask all of you to give your prayers of gratitude… dear God, we thank You for helping us with the hardships we had encountered the past months… we also thank You for keeping us safe and unharmed after all these events… we are thankful for the blessings You have given us after the complications… and we pray that You would continue on helping us on our journeys ahead…” JunHo spoke through the mic as the rest all prayed solemnly to their own Gods.

“Now that we’ve opened up with a thanksgiving prayer, let’s now officially start the celebration! Yeah!!!!!” He continued excitedly. After a while of loud applauses, they went to savour the food as a band being trained under JYPE played for the party.

“So what do you think of Stanley Kim?” JiEun asked in a hushed tone.

“What do you mean?” Suzy asked.

“He’s been looking at you ever since he came in… and don’t you tell me that you don’t see him glancing at you back at the press conference, or whenever we visit the office building…” JiEun continued.

“He’s okay, I guess…”

“Just okay? He’s like so attractive you know… like out of this world attractive…” JiEun replied.

“And you think he’s more attractive than Woo oppa?” SoHee commented after hearing their conversation.

“Of course not, my Woo oppa is still the best for me… but objectively, Kim SooHyun-ssi is VERY attractive…” JiEun grinned.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter