Chapter 40: Beautiful Days

LOVE NEVER SLEEPS (My Heart's Candy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

December 23, 2011...

She slowly opened her eyes as the rays of sun peeked through their bedroom window. She turned her head to the side and saw her sleeping angel. Everyday she would tell herself how lucky she has been for meeting him and have a man like him love her. As she stared at the peaceful face of her angel, she remembered how that night changed her life. It was that one night in June that they met. She remembered how annoyed she was at first when her friends wanted to go to that bar and have a few drinks, but now she can’t thank them enough for bringing her there. If not for them, they would not have met and she would not be this happy right now. It was that night when they exchanged numbers, when he sent him his first message, when he told her that he wishes to know her more. She remembered how he would always see her during his lunch breaks, how he would come pick her up from work and send her back home, and how they exchanged stories about their lives.

And that one night in July, this man officially became her boyfriend. After weeks of seeing and being friendly with each other, he finally confessed. It was a night she couldn’t possibly forget.

They were at the rooftop of his office building. He was a busy man and she couldn’t blame him for the unusual location of their 22nd date night. Even though it was held few floors away from his office, she could see his efforts in making that night special. He had prepared a big white tent over their dinner table, a grand piano beside them, the area was fully decorated with red roses and petals, and there was a string quartet on standby.

They started with a light dinner with the band playing sweet melodies for them. The dinner went normal; they talked about their day and knew more about each other. He told more stories her about his friends while she told him about her students. When they were done with dinner, he asked her hand for a slow dance and she gladly accepted. While they were happily waltzing, he suddenly stopped and turned her body around. She was confused but when she was about to turn her head to face him, he covered her eyes with a piece of cloth. He slowly led her back to her chair and asked her to wait on her seat and not to take off the blindfold. She was becoming curious and also scared; scared that maybe he was actually a bad person and that he was just waiting for her to bite into his trap all these while. But her doubts about him faded in an instant when all of a sudden, she heard someone playing the piano. After a few notes, someone from her back untied the cloth covering her eyes, revealing an angelic man playing the piano in front of her.

~~Beautiful day keudae hanahana

Nae-ge waeh iri seollejyo

Beautiful day areumda-un geudae

Nae ma-eum tangshineul hyang-hajyo

Beautiful Wonderful Beautiful, I'm in love

Nae ma-eum waeh iri tteollijyo

Beautiful day naneun oneulbamdo

Shwiib-ge jamdeul su eopt-ket-jyo


Beautiful day, each and every part of you

Why does it make me get a rush?

Beautiful day, you are so beautiful

My heart is heading toward you

Beautiful Wonderful Beautiful, I’m in love

Why is my heart trembling so much?

Beautiful day – tonight, I can’t fall asleep easily

 

Kamanhi isseodo jakku useumi na saenggagi na

Jagi jeonedo na be-gaereul kkeu-reo-wanko honjanma-reul hae

Keudaen mwol chowahaeyo?

Keudae mamso-ge nan eottaeyo?

Keudae ttae-mune mae-il nae haruneun


Even if I stay still, I keep smiling, I keep thinking of you

Before I sleep, I hug my pillow and talk to myself

What do you like?

How do you feel about me?

Because of you, every single day is

 

Meong-hani chinaedeon geu nal keu bam keu ttaeye saebyeok

Kanjeorhi geudae-man wonhadeon eorin sunsuhamdo da

Arajugil gidaryeoyo

Nae mame kwii gi-ulyeo jugil

Keudael saengga-khae nan nae-ildo


That day, that night, that dawn that I spent blankly

All of my young innocence that only wanted you

I wait and hope that you will find out

I hope that you will tune your ears to my heart

I think of you, even tomorrow

 

Beautiful day Wonderful day

Sesangi neomu areumdab-jyo

Beautiful day Wonderful day

Keudaewah na uri-ga dwehgil


Beautiful day Wonderful day

The world is so beautiful

Beautiful day Wonderful day

I hope you and I become a “we”~~

(♪♫ Beautiful Day – Urban Zakapa ♫♪)

He sang to her while he played the piano and occasionally looking at her deep eyes. After the song, he stood from the piano seat and stepped closer to her. Even though he didn’t directly ask her to be his girl through the song, she knew that it was a confession. She thought that his confession had ended with his serenade as she was preparing to say “yes” once he asks her that important question. But he said something else.

“Victoria-ssi, I may seem to be a strong and courageous person but to be honest, I have a lot of fears. When watching a horror film, I close my eyes tightly. When I go to high places, my legs shake with fear. But do you know what my greatest fear is?” He asked and she gently shook her head.

“The fear of not seeing you. I’m most afraid of the day that you won’t be there when I open my eyes... the thought of you not being by my side...” He answered. She has never heard of a confession as cheesy as his, but also as touching as this. She smiled at him and as she stared at his dark brown eyes, she knew that he was sincere, that he was being honest and that he loved her that much. He loved her enough to let those cheesy lines come out from his ever-sensible mouth.

When she thought that he was done with his speech, he opened his lips again. “Let’s play a game...” Her eyes opened wide at his statement and she was confused. She thought to herself, ‘this man is getting weirder by the second...”

He took her right hand and raised it into a waving p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter