Chapter 35: Is Being Pretty Everything

LOVE NEVER SLEEPS (My Heart's Candy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

October 29, 2011

“Babe, are you sure you’re gonna be okay?” Fany worried as she continued helping Taec pack some stuff.

“Baby, I’m just going on a hike with business associates. It’s not a war I’m going to. So stop worrying and go get yourself some breakfast. I’ll continue packing by myself.” Taec responded as he placed his hands over her shoulders and pushed Fany to the kitchen.

After about five minutes, Taec came out wearing some hiking gears and with his hiking bag. He placed his bag and outerwear on the sofa and headed towards Fany in the kitchen. His eyes grew wide upon seeing what Fany has prepared.

“Babe, what are those?”

“Food, for your trip.” She answered as she pushed three big lunch boxes filled with food closer to Taec.

“Huh? Babe, I won’t need that much food and you do know that there’s a restaurant there right?”

“The food there’s not that healthy. These are better. You have kimchi, egg roll, ojingeo bokkeum, hobakyeot, miso soup, rice and fruits. And I brewed some tea for you.” She replied as she poured hot tea into a tumbler. “You can also share these with your business partner. Who knows, he might be touched that you brought him some home cooked dishes and he would appreciate working with you more? Your business partner is a he, right?”

“Yup, he is.” He sighed defeated by Fany’s points. Now he’s thinking how he won’t be comfortably hiking a quite high mountain with those lunch boxes.

“May I know who?”

“Kim SooRo and his son Kim HeeChul. You’ve met HeeChul hyung last time, right?”

“Wait, so that Kim JaeKyung girl is also coming?”

“I don’t think so. She’s not a sporty type of woman. But I guess TaeYeon-ssi would come since she’s a bit sporty.”

“Wow, you must be SO CLOSE to her to know her that much?!” she rolled her eyes with annoyance and jealousy.

“No, I don’t. It’s because she’s my gym classmate and she failed all classes. I just heard rumors that she passed the course because of her father.” He explained but she kept silent. He knew that he was already in trouble. “Can we not talk about her?” He hugged her from the back and she finally smiled.

“Woo’s going with you, right?”

“Yup.”

“Better keep an eye on him and that TaeYeon-ssi, if you want to take care of your sister.”

“Arasseo, let’s have our breakfast now, okay?” he pulled the chair for her and they enjoyed their breakfast.

After a few minutes, they kissed goodbye as Taec left for his hiking trip, bringing two back packs, one for his personal things and one for all the lunchboxes his “mommy” prepared. Taec and Woo arrived at SeorAkSan by 9am and they waited for the Kims to arrive.

“Yah! Are you here for an overnight trip? What’s with that?” Woo welcomed his friend.

“Fany made us some food, and it’s heavy. Mind helping me with this from time to time?”

“Wah, your wife is such a caring one.” Woo teased.

“I know right.” Taec responded. “It’s nice to be hiking here, but why do we have to do a business transaction like this?” he complained.

“Because President Kim is a hiking maniac and he has a tight schedule?” Woo answered.

They continued discussing about the business plan and after about ten minutes, two black cars stopped in front of them. They greeted the people as they got off their cars.

“Annyeong-haseyo, Kim Sajangnim.” The two bowed 90 degrees.

“Ne, annyeong-haseyo Ok Sajangnim, Jang Busajangnim.” Kim SooRo greeted and his son and nieces also bowed. “You already know my son, HeeChul and these are my nieces, TaeYeon and JaeKyung.”

“Uncle, we already know each other.” JaeKyung interrupted. “Right, TaecYeon-ie?” she acted cutely as she wrapped her arms around Taec’s. TaeYeon followed as she also hooked her arms with WooYoung.

“Oh, are you guys close?” SooRo asked.

The two men awkwardly looked at each other, sending “we-are-doomed” messages with their eyes before returning their gazes to the older Kim. “I guess we are.” The two awkwardly replied at the same time. SooRo chuckled a bit.

“And before I forget, these are my close friend’s children, Cho KyuHyun and Im YoonA. Their parents are out of town and I was responsible for taking care of them. They wanted to come so I let them, that isn’t a problem, is it?”

“Certainly not, sir.” Taec responded.

“But these two girls certainly are.” Woo mumbled underneath his breath. Hearing this, Taec nudged him and gave him the just-bare-with-it-for-awhile look. Woo then responded with fine!-can’t-wait-for-this-day-to-end!-you-know-we’re-dead-if-our-girls-found-out look. Their staring game was interrupted when the girl spoke up.

“Annyeong-haseyo, Im YoonA imnida.” She greeted and extended her hand to shake Taec’s and Woo’s hands. The two respectfully took her hand and shook it. KyuHyun just gave a shy bow as they already knew each other.

The group proceeded on their hike after some more chit chats. Taec, Woo and President Kim started their business talk while hiking, while the others trailed behind them. For more or less an hour, the three kept their business conversation private as President Kim keep pushing the girls away whenever they try to join and flirt with Taec and Woo.

“Aish, jinjja! Why are they not finished yet?! They have been talking for more than an hour already. I want to talk with Taec-ie!!!” JaeKyung started whining again.

“Me too. I want some alone time with Woo-baby.” TaeYeon joined.

“Aish, just shut up you two! I’ve told you long before that we would be meeting them for a business trip. I’ve also told you that they won’t have time to hang out with you, nor would dad allow you two to disrupt his business deal. Also, are you two in your right minds?! Those two already have girlfriends and as you have seen before, they love each other very much, so stop being es!” HeeChul exploded after hearing them whine again and again.

“Hyung, calm down. You’re cousins are just being like women.” KyuHyun joined as he patted HeeChul’s shoulder.

“What’s that suppose to mean?!?!” the three girls screamed at KyuHyun and he just laughed.

“Yah! You two there, keep quiet!!!” SooRo yelled as the businessmen stopped their tracks upon hearing the girls’ scream. “So, would that be fine?” He returned into a calm president as he turned his attention back to Taec and Woo. The two nodded and exchanged handshakes with President Kim.

“Does that mean, you two are already done with your boring talk?” JaeKyung beamed with exc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter